rubber bands

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

rubber bands

Post by ChrisG »

We get a minimum of two or three a week via our postman. Obviously the PO dont want them back, judging by the number we find just chucked on the ground next to the letterbox. This has been going on for quite some time now and it seems a waste to throw them away, but we are getting snowed under with rubber bands. Any ideas what we can do with them?
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
Maggie1

Re: rubber bands

Post by Maggie1 »

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

We get loads of them too.

I save them and the ones you get around vegetables and use them in the garden etc.

They were useful the other day in making bamboo cane wigwams for my sweet peas )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

{rofwl} Thanks Maggie; that should keep me going for a while )t'
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

Actually Maggie, that's a pretty cool site - loads of info on all kinds of stuff )t'
Chris xx

LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

You need to find yourself some small boys. I have two that I am willing to loan out, and they make short work of even the largest elastic band collection!
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

get em all together and teach the kids how to do french skipping i used to love it ,making the elastic bands into the jump on rope and then the tking part )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

When you say letter box are you talking about the one in your door?
If so the post man is dropping litter on your property. If thats the case firstly I would ask him/her to stop. If they don't, complain to the post office.
Actualy I am suprised you haven't made a complaint already weather its your letter box or a post box in the street.
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

My father in law was a postman until recently, and he was held accountable for rubber bands - I don't think they were literally counted in and out, but the use of them was certainly monitored to make sure that they were disposed of properly, or returned for re-use.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

AL37 wrote:When you say letter box are you talking about the one in your door?
If so the post man is dropping litter on your property. If thats the case firstly I would ask him/her to stop. If they don't, complain to the post office.
Actualy I am suprised you haven't made a complaint already weather its your letter box or a post box in the street.

It's my box, but it isnt in my door - it's built into the wall near the gate. Never thought of complaining about it to be honest - just wish he'd take them with him and then the PO could reuse them. It must be costing them a fortune, especially if he does this at all the houses in the village.
Chris xx

Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Another one of those 'high level' discussions we've had on the plots. +confused+ I'll admit to picking them up, but they bio-degrade very quickly and it isn't worth the Royal Mail reusing them.
Someone's making a small fortune somewhere! 8)
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Our Postman leaves them in the Lane. It's bad, but I have amounted a good stock of them for my own personal use.

Agreed it's a cost though, add them up around the Country and one days worth would probably pay a Postman a days pay !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
pavel131
Lively Laner

Post by pavel131 »

Catapults, need I say more. Thats just the child coming out in me
I am an Dyslexic agnostic insomniac. I lay awake all night wondering if there really is a dog.