Cheapest Petrol Prices in your Area

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Cheapest Petrol Prices in your Area

Post by Richard »

Interesting, I paid £1.14 for Diesel yesterday.

The interesting bit is when I started this thread just over two years ago it was between £1.30 and £1.54 a litre !!

Apparently they are cutting down in the oil fields which could bring about larger than norm increases.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

last weekend the price was back down to about £1.09p a litre ...

Richard wrote:they are cutting down in the oil fields which could bring about larger than norm increases

)de:

Having saying that, many smaller oil companies have gone out of business with loss of jobs
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Diesel today in Mor......ns was £112.99, and at Te..co it was £111.99 - we had of course already filled up at Mor.....ns!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Two years since the last post in this thread, so I thought I'd post......

Bishop's Waltham - £1.17.9p
Ashford - £1.19
M25 - £1.48.

In some ways a 4p increase since the last post isn't that bad.

Or is it ! ?

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Diesel in good old Lincolnshire where we live varies from £1.29.99 to £1.39.99 per litre, these prices are from non supermarket filling stations.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

funny this post should come up because I noticed the price of petrol - yesterday (Friday) I had to do an "emergency" petrol fill (I might have got to work but not enough to come home) so called in at Tescos which is my nearest filling station to put in £15 worth to last me a week (until pay day) so I didn't actually look at the price of petrol. Today as I drove into Asdas for a frugal/essentials shop (until pay day LOL), I noticed the price was £1.14 / litre ... I'm sure I was paying about £1.18p / litre about 3 weeks ago! This is in Nottinghamshire.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Petrol at a city garage on Wednesday was £1.15.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Not sure if I've posted a link to on this thread already.
You can sign up free to search for the cheapest in your area (and scrolling down the page of results gives other local areas, so you could leap-frog your way along a route you were planning to drive to find the cheapest place to fill up)
The snag with it is that they get their data from the use of fuelcards (whatever they are), so if a garage doesn't accept them they are not included.
The cheapest that I pass regularly is an independent (not sure how many garages, 2 I know of). They take credit and debit cards, but only their own fuel card, so aren't found when I search.

In my area the prices for petrol seem to go from 114.7 (an Asda) to 138.9 (they don't say who).
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
grahamlml
Learner Laner

Post by grahamlml »

Got petrol in Long Eaton saturday for 114.7 back home in Ceredigion 120.9 in Cenarth and today 123.9. The Cenarth one is in a small village with not a big traffic flow or population around it and was cheaper than the big supermarkets, one being only 6 miles away.
Fish heads eat them up yum
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

petrol prices are creeping up again .... I'm sure an average penny per litre each week over the past couple of months
Richard

Post by Richard »

Although I'd obviously rather the Planet was not in the terrible situation it is, it's caused a huge drop in petrol prices.

The Garage close to me is selling at £1.06 a litre now (usually £1.26 > £1.29).

I haven't used my car since 8th. March anyway and with many in the same situation their revenue must be taking a huge drop.

I'd rather pay £1.29 and have a healthy planet though !

Richard
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I have no idea what the price per litre is for petrol or diesel round here, but I do know heating oil has gone down. Last Nov it was £1.56, two months ago it was £1.34 and the last time I checked a few weeks ago it was less than £1.26 all per litre.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

The advantage of the Covid lockdown and having to work from home has meant much less commuting and not needing to fill up the car. However, now that there are easing of restrictions, I am being encouraged to go to work (currently I have been limiting it to one morning a week with an early start so that I have limited contact with other people but will soon be increasing) and that has meant going to a filling station for the first time in 3 months ... prices just before Easter when I last filled up were about £1.04p/litre (and I only topped up the tank because I had never seen it so low) but I noticed the price has crept up to £1.09p/litre.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi 1.139 pl .
As for the planet less fuel being used , less flights , less food as no work less of everything .
Must have done something for the planet .
Even less people on it .
Not sure those with no work might feel happy with saving the planet though .
Bob
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I think a lot of people just want to get back 'to normal' instead of taking the chance to consider what a new normal should be. We have seen what government CAN do in a crisis, and climate change is a crisis.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire