good start

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

good start

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi all , I think this month is going to be a wash out.
1 tyre , 1 puncture , vet bill =200pounds .
ST200 side window/pait work repair ?????
Not even 24 hours into it.
Hope you all do bnetter .
Bob
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: good start

Post by Mo »

oh dear Bob.
Hope things improve
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

Bad luck Bob, hope things get more positive as the month wears on.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Auto glass to the rescue and 75 pound glass insurance -main insurance not effected ( full cover and protection) . OBD disconnected and stickers all over windows as a preventative measure. Steering wheel cover ordered . not much more I Can do .
Well a few days of not spending get me back on track.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , well having got a few quid spare (bonus /holiday pay and a couple of good months o/t ) I was wondering what to do with it ( No hand outs though as do enough charity spending) deciding on what to pay off. Well only mortgage and a car outstanding ,thanks to SHMBO accountancy .
Well car is 0% interest and has 15 months to run and if part exchange like I normally do every 9 months is not a priority.
Mortgage is pretty low and April I can pay 10% off and another year before it goes to another rate ,probably higher.
Now The kids will get the house and for many personal reasons object to giving them a quid.
So Paying the mortgage is again not a priority . (May sell up and rent watch there faces when they go to collect from down below.) Bit of work on roof cladding being priced up , cheap mates rates. Getting it ready to flog and retire somewhere .
So my bubble is only as complicated as I make it or others spoil it.
Sometimes , as people rubbish my things I take it out on those less fortunate by not giving as much which is a shame as they pay a price for the rear end s of the world.
I am the richest poor-per going and all down to my own faults.
So living on a small fixed budget is easy and looking for a quick buck.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , well penny pinching , then spend more , Cutting back only to spend money on a new bike (second hand ) .Paid less than I did for my 2011 bike and it is a 2015 . I also arranging for new roof wood surround (plastic ) as rotten .All part of up grading to sell so value be returned.
save money except on the animals and have now more money in pocket than I started the week with , So mixed bag but life goes on even in Feb , Racing starts
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Well Sat. cost me another 80pounds dog vet bill and chicken (bland ) food .
It seems that life will always get in the way of not spending money.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , I have to accounts .
1 cash in pocket ,limited and can only get it to stretch by buying jacket potatoes from farm shop for 4 pounds and selling 4 for a pound and paying for them and having plenty over and dinner on plate with a 30pence tin of beans.
2 is my bank account of which I cannot get cash access to do not carry a card . have the number so can obtain bits on e bay etc , hence spend 60 pounds on mealworms instead of silly 2 pound bags.
So I have 2 mind sets spend nothing from my pocket and earn as much as I can by dealing And WHEELING . and living on a budget of minus what I started with to buy what I want on line .
Silly season as bike gear / bikes are back in fashion as season starts end of month , must have a new race shirt and shorts -bike . so on it goes .
So I save and spend , forced to live on a budget and hindered from spending a fortune (Well SHMBO does her best )
Bob