Stamp prices rising!

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Stamp prices rising!

Post by wildlifemad »

Not sure if people use many stamps any more but if you do 1st & 2nd class are going up by 2p next Monday & the large letter one by 3p. Have seen suggestions that we should buy them now for our Xmas cards!! Now that's planning early!!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Stamp prices rising!

Post by Gwenoakes »

Did not know or expect that. I don't think you will get away with buying stamps now ready for Xmas, have a feeling you will be buying more stamps to make up the difference or the receivers of the Xmas cards will have to pay double the difference when they receive their cards.
I have cut my usage of stamps down massively over the last couple of years, especially for work. When we quote in writing I always ring the client first (I have a package where I get so many 'free' phone calls) and tell them the price and they usually tell me if they want to proceed with the work. If they do then I ask if we can bring the written quote to site when we start work, not had anyone refuse yet. )t'
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Shame the pension does not rise the same as prices.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Gwenoakes wrote: I don't think you will get away with buying stamps now ready for Xmas, have a feeling you will be buying more stamps to make up the difference

If you buy stamps with the price on them you would - but now you can also buy 1st, 2nd, 'large 2nd' etc. After all, they have the use of your money, so fair's fair. It always used to annoy me, before they changed it - now a book of 2nd class stamps is what it says.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Had 'another' senior moment there, Mo. LOL I forgot they don't have the amount on them. DER.......my brain hurts.