Does anyone remember these men?

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Does anyone remember these men?

Post by Spreckly »

Some years ago a young man posted on his off grid life here in the UK. It is quite a long time since we have heard from him, but he was so interesting.

Also someone made some really interesting posts about life in Bulgaria, I think it was.

I enjoy reading about self sufficiency, says she with most mod cons, but no dish washer!

Anyone remember them?
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Does anyone remember these men?

Post by Gwenoakes »

I seem to remember I think it was a lady from Canada who used to post but no longer does. I think the only reason I remember her was that she had enormous snow drifts and that seems to have stuck in my mind. I think this person was pretty self sufficient in my memory serves me correctly.
As for the two you have mentioned, Spreckly, sorry cannot remember them.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Yes, I remember them.
And the woman from Ireland (who caused a bit of a stir among the mods by admitting that her husband had been a publican and his pub had been involved in Cockfighting -some while ago, not sure if it was legal there then).
And the student Jen who got very scared about bird flu - and most of us said 'it'll be fine', like most of the population were doing 6 or 8 weeks ago about covid.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

And there used to be a category for people to air ideas for small business. Someone was setting up a boarding service for hens. Other ideas were tossed around and we weighed in with possible pros & cons, things to think about. Wonder how many flourished.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

And Dave. And the pirate.

Face it you and me and June are the guests who won't leave the party, while Richard and Wendy are washing the glasses, and wanting to get the vacuum out and their pyjamas on.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Spreckly wrote:Also someone made some really interesting posts about life in Bulgaria, I think it was.

there was Trev but maybe you remember tosca100? Sadly she died unexpectedly viewtopic.php?f=25&t=54465&p=752483&hilit=tosca100#p752483
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I think the off-grid chap was something like Redoak.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Yes, Trev was one of the men I was thinking of, and I think Redoak was the other one. I really loved their posts.

I remember Dave and the Pirate, can't remember his name. I loved Mrs B's posts and Lillias. I met Bea a couple of times, she lives further up the coast.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Ock the pirate? Just remembered. Oh and Dave's mantlepiece ornament.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I have just remembered Steve the Gas I think he went under.
He always struck me as knowing a lot about everything.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Yes. Now you mention him. And Bollybarb who I met a couple of times (we took Sunny Clucker up the top of White Nancy's hill.
And I passed it/her on to a chap from Warrington, whose name escapes me.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

What about the chap that was called Silver Back, he was on here a few months ago.
Anyone heard how he is? He had bad knees I seem to remember and when he came back on he had had an operation, unless my mind is playing tricks on me.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I remember all of those and more but can't remember names. I used to enjoy chatting to Bev and loved the posts of a Welsh man. He used an old photo where he looked a bit like a teddy boy. When he became ill he had to give away his chickens which he fed every morning with "podgy wadge" His left over breakfast porridge. This was a time when the forum was so busy every day. Lovely people.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I recall Silverback and Bollybarb, and Steve the Gas, and Maggie 1 who started DTL Daily, and Bev, who had a beautiful hen run, and a gorgeous black lab, can't remember the title of her posts though. She is on facebook.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Every now and then we have a thread trying to remember the very active members that have disappeared from the forum, usually in the members chat bit. I remember all of those mentioned, i think alot left as there was some unpleasantness that went on with a member who is no longer on here so its such a shame the others left {cry} I keep up with Mrs B, Annie and aceface on fb. I remember Willow came back after a long break but has gone again as did Silverback who along with myself and Maggie used to contribute to if its tuesday it must be music night which was good fun.There are a lot of chicken diary people who started off so enthusiastically whith their diaries then disappeared into the ether >coc<
I met SaraB who has long gone and handed over Sunny Clucker to Homemade who hasnt been on here for ages. And where are mods Manda and p penn ?
Ah well at least there are still a lot of lovely people on here (FB hens sites can get very nasty sometimes yike* ) and i am so glad to have met Bob,KarenE, Henpen and Kitla in person many times and hope to again when all settles down.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/