used tea bag treatment

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

used tea bag treatment

Post by Dorrens daughter »

I've just refreshed the top of a "skip dived" brown wood chest of drawers by placing a couple of used damp tea bags over a white circle when the wood dry's I'll polish up the top with a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: used tea bag treatment

Post by albertajune »

Dorrens daughter wrote:I've just refreshed the top of a "skip dived" brown wood chest of drawers by placing a couple of used damp tea bags over a white circle when the wood dry's I'll polish up the top with a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice.

Have you done this before? I stood a plant on an oak table and have been left with a very faint pale mark. I must try this to see if it works. There is always something to learn!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I have never used tea bags on big furniture/white rings, but used them once on pine door knobs that I could not seem to ever get the right shade I wanted, then polished them with bees wax and it worked really well. They have now been rubbed down gently with fine sandpaper and are on some shutters we made for the stables and painted green. LOL
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Yes Albertajune many times and it works a treat. Put the tea bags on the area wet (I just fish them out of my tea pot after use of course) and leave them on the area for as long as needed. Then gently polish.
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

Just checked the circle and I think that it will need another couple of tea bag treatments, so should be ok by Monday.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I would love to see some piccies when you have treated again if you wouldn't mind DD.
Dorrens daughter
Lively Laner

So would I Gwenoakes, but still not got the hang of how to post them and I didn't think on and take a picture beforehand. As for the final (ish) result well it could be better and I'll see what it looks like after polishing.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

If it's a white mark under a polished surface, you could try a gentle iron thro' a piece of blotting paper or a dry towel.