Re-potting/saving herbs

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re-potting/saving herbs

Post by Gwenoakes »

I put my herbs in totally the wrong place last year and this, so have now re-potted them and put them somewhere where there is more sun, so fingers crossed.
I have also been planting lots of seeds ready for next year. Chinese Lanterns which Terry likes, some small rockery seeds, sorry cannot remember the name and lots of others, so hoping the majority of them will come up and make my garden look very pretty for next year.
I can but hope, fingers crossed. I have saved lolly sticks for ages along with the cardboard in toilet rolls and have bags of them, so trying to be very eco minded as well.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Re-potting/saving herbs

Post by Freeranger »

Please let us know how you get on. Have had mixed results with herbs. Have also tried seed-saving with mustard, but wasn't successful and have never kept a basil plant alive for more than about a fortnight. Would like to see how it's done.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

All herbs are growing quite well and have put some Basil seed in pots in the greenhouse which are now coming up, so will pot them on when a little bigger and let you know how I go.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Basil seeds/plants went down to Australia. Herbs that I moved into more sunlight haven't done too well either. I am now thinking that I should take them out of the terracotta pots and put into plastic. Doing this will be a last resort and if it doesn't work I will throw the towel in.