Signs of Autumn in East Yorkshire

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Signs of Autumn in East Yorkshire

Post by Spreckly »

Last week one of my daughters in law remarked how autumnal it was beginning to feel. Our hanging baskets have gone over, they haven't done very well this summer, despite care and attention.

I have been cutting delphiniums back, the usual dead heading of geraniums, but the crocosmia and golden rod need chopping down. It is too wet right now to do it, I will get soaked. I have cut two rows of rasp canes down, and dead headed the hosta flowers.

Meanwhile our neighbours have slashed at the front hedge of our adjoining properties, and ignored everything else!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Signs of Autumn in East Yorkshire

Post by Freeranger »

It's felt a little like that here too, Spreckly, but now it seems to have picked up again and the wild flowers are having another spurt.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

We have a fair sized garden here and a few of the residents, between the fortnightly gardeners coming in, look after loads of potted plants, the weeding and general maintenance.

Very similar here in so far there's definitely a feel of Autumn in the air, everything seems to be getting ready, the greens are greener and the leaves getting heavier.

There again, I quite like it after the sill heat we've had.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

This morning our back lawn had lots of tiny little cobwebs all over the grass. The horse chestnut tree leaves are turning brown. Not seen much of summer this year. but having said that, it is still very hot and humid. Driving to the hospital an hour away is uncomfortable, either using air con or having both front windows open.