Lockdown 2021

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
tonyd
Lively Laner

Lockdown 2021

Post by tonyd »

Everyone ready with there birds for this years lockdown? I am just preparing my greenhouse on my allotment for my girls. Greenhouse is a hand built 7x7 mtr one mostly double glazed with opening windows for air flow. Going to make a mesh door for during the day and install perches and nest boxes because I think there going to be under cover for 2 or 3 months at least. These bird flu regulations are starting to become an annual thing now.

kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Lockdown 2021

Post by kitla »

I wonder if there are more cases of avian flu now, or if defra are stricter about it now? I hate confining my chooks to their run, even when I make them an extension out of netting there's not much sun in that part of the garden over winter. They like to warm up in the sun by the house.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
tonyd
Lively Laner

Post by tonyd »

I don't know if there are more cases and yes I think defra are trying to be stricter just to try and stop a country wide outbreak happening.
My 20 hens are now under cover in the greenhouse but I think I am the only one that has done this on the allotment site which means if there did happen to be an outbreak on the site my hens would be slaughtered along with the rest anyway. Mine are locked up because knowing the local council and defra it is quite possible a spot check could happen because everyone knows there are all sorts of poultry kept on our allotments and I don't fancy a fine of any sort.
Lets just hope this lockdown is over asap.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

i expect the lockdown will be over in March like every year {cry} We have had to stop doing rehomings now so all those poor souls will lose their lives anyway {cry} {cry} {cry}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/