Going away for a weekend

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Going away for a weekend

Post by Spreckly »

We are going away for a weekend in our caravan - the girls are staying at home, being looked after by my neighbour.

Today I have typed out a list of what I do, and when, from letting them out in a morning, cleaning the poo on the roosting shelf, to putting them to bed at night, and poo picking outside.

I was amazed at how much of my time and energy three ladies take!

But they are worth it.

Steve the Gas

Re: Going away for a weekend

Post by Steve the Gas »

And you expect your neighbour to do it?? +confused+
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Yes, Steve, she feeds wild birds and wildlife all year round, takes our dog out if we are away for over four hours, and is the ideal neighbour. Her OH has brought some dust masks and shoe covers home from work! I told her we had plenty of the former.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

You're very lucky to have such a lovely neighbour :-D have a lovely weekend away )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thank you, Benny.
manda

Post by manda »

Good times and great to have a neighbour who is so good.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Dawn & Dave
Lively Laner

Post by Dawn & Dave »

We are very lucky too our neighbour looks after ours but we do a good exchange as we look after her dogs when she goes away !!!
Dawn & Dave

2 dogs Bradley and Fizzy Pop, 2 Hampsters Gibb's and McGee
12 Chucks, Clover,Heidi (Light Sussex),Charlotte (Neva),Annabell ( speckledy),Ginger (Columbian Blacktail),Star (Amber Star), Hinge & Bracket (White Leghorns), Bluebell (Bluebell),Pheonix (Black Sussex),Primrose and Blossom (Cream Legbar).
honeyfudge
Lively Laner

Post by honeyfudge »

you are really lucky. good that you have a neighbour you know will look after them almost as well as you do. )t'