To perchy, the biggest thank you ever.

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Shrek
Lively Laner

To perchy, the biggest thank you ever.

Post by Shrek »

After a reply from perchy (on my post about getting the chooks into bed by 11:15pm and the late second shower), I decided to take perchys advice and rigged a light up from the shed to the coop and hey presto !!!!

At 8:00pm the light was run on a cable from my workshop and placed in the coop. At 8:30pm the indecisions and faffing about began between the chooks, all three were on the run up to the coop forming an orderly queue. At 8:45 they decided to swap places, inadvertantley shoving their bums in each others faces. By 8:55pm they were all inside. albeit in a disorganised crumpled heap but never the less, sorting themselves out for bed.

...... and all this on the second night with no help or prompting whatsoever.

Putting it quite simply, thank you indeed perchy, your advice was pure gold.
One elderly cat called Chloe and Zak the baby tom.... Betty the Speckledy, Maggie the Black Rock and Kylie the Bluebelle !!!

ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Re: To perchy, the biggest thank you ever.

Post by ChrisG »

)t'
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
perchy

Post by perchy »

Bless you, I was given this advice when I first got the ladies, and I was amazed how quickly they went up the ramp to bed, it's like magic {hug} {hug}

Glad I could help )t'
Shrek
Lively Laner

Post by Shrek »

perchy wrote:Bless you, I was given this advice when I first got the ladies, and I was amazed how quickly they went up the ramp to bed, it's like magic {hug} {hug}

Glad I could help )t'

It was a god send, and seeing them go off to bed was one of the most amazing natural things that we have ever witnessed. Even the neighbours watched with baited breath, next door even said that the last 24 hours has been better than any edition of Big Brother......

{rofwl} {rofwl}
One elderly cat called Chloe and Zak the baby tom.... Betty the Speckledy, Maggie the Black Rock and Kylie the Bluebelle !!!
manda

Post by manda »

{rofwl} {rofwl} ...so you realised after 24hours who was in control then {rofwl} {rofwl}
So glad the light worked.....
Perchy )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Shrek
Lively Laner

Post by Shrek »

manda wrote:{rofwl} {rofwl} ...so you realised after 24hours who was in control then {rofwl} {rofwl}
So glad the light worked.....
Perchy )t'

Yes, I suppose that we are getting there slowly, a learning curve for each and every one of us at some point though. Hopefully, both Chris and myself will one day be in a position to help others, just as perchy did for us.
manda

Post by manda »

Shrek....I am under no illusions who is really in charge at our place and I don't think it's me ...the chooks just let us think every now and again that we are )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Shrek
Lively Laner

Post by Shrek »

manda wrote:Shrek....I am under no illusions who is really in charge at our place and I don't think it's me ...the chooks just let us think every now and again that we are )grin2(

{rofwl} The three little madams that we have were most definately calling the shots last night.
{rofwl} )sh
manda

Post by manda »

{rofwl} {rofwl} and before you know it you can't remember what life was like BC (before chickens) ...great eh? :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Mine have been going to bed ever earlier, and last night at 8.15, when the adverts came on the TV, I went down the garden, gear in hand, to put them to bed. The door was still open, but all were inside, singing away. Like a flash, they were all at the gate, expecting treats, food, etc. I had to wait another half hour (during the adverts), to put them to bed, clean the run, etc.