A I being conned?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sazchops
Legendary Laner

A I being conned?

Post by sazchops »

My original girls seem to really like the newbies!

They even looked like they waited for them to come to bed. Oh and kids keep saying to let them mix but I am not sure, they have looked at each other through the fence for a few hours before going to bed, no shouting or chest bumping or anything!

I think that top hen has told them to be good until I let them mix, then kill 'em )reap( yike*
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury

Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: A I being conned?

Post by Lillia »

So far, so good, then, Sazchops! Very cute photo~ :-D
milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

Such beautiful girls, our 2 lavender orpingtons were terrified of the ex-batty girls for weeks, it took ages to get them to mix. Your new girls look quite brave! )t'
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

To be honest they are bigger than my origianal girls, now known as the chavs :-D but the newbies are very young.
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

Our 2 orpingtons are nearly twice the size of our batty-girls now, and weigh a ton ! We had to give their knickers a wash this morning as they were both a bit mucky. Hubby holding them one at a time under his arm while I washed, it wasn't long before he was asking how much longer I was going to be !! {rofwl}
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

My OH isn't into chickens +confused+
But, when I am at work and he is home he sends me pictures of them dust bathing and eating things he has given them!
Last week on of my girls was showing of about an egg she had laid and he phoned work to speak to me in case she was ill! {rofwl}
When I phoned him at work today to say I was going to collect new girls he asked me to wait as he wanted to come too! But really he doesn't like chickens!
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

{rofwl} he has a case of Closet Chickenitis!
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

{rofwl} {rofwl}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Lovely picture Saz, how many girls have you got now?

Hehehe about your OHs closet-chickenitis..... myHubbly is getting much the same, since we got the new run you can see the girls more and he's always watching them too.....

Bless him, I have a little box where I put treats/scraps for the end of the day but he gave them first thing in the morning the other day {warn}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

MissEllie wrote:{rofwl} he has a case of Closet Chickenitis!

My OH has this as well..He watches them for ages , talks about them when he wants to ,Glad the light nights are here so they are still out when he comes home from work, feeds them treats by the bucket full when I am out ,digs the bit of garden left for worms, )t' ....BUT... They are my chickens of course so he does not Clean the coups , poop scoop ,rake out the Walk-in-Run and says "your chickens are making a noise this morning " }hairout{
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

It seems they are all the same >dum<
I have 5 chickies now, 2 coups and a Walk-in-Run with a fence down the middle ( ish ) they are all very calm and only make a noise when they see me, I think they are saying " Come on, let us all play out together!" >fi<
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Sazchops I think I would leave them at least another day apart as the newbies only arrived yesterday. Maybe tomorrow about an hour before bedtime let them out with lots of scattered treats and you on standby )t' (so long as they still seem amicable with each other)

Ooh just noticed I have changed your name - can you play a saxaphone ?
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful