sorry had to share.......

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
smam
Lively Laner

sorry had to share.......

Post by smam »

I love sitting in the garden watching my girls doing their chickeny business. My little boy has learnt their names now and loves helping mummy with them. I have never known a kid enjoy looking after animals as much as him.

Heres some piccies of the crew today <3<3<3<3

fluffy bums Image
katy perry
beautiful mabel

bath time bundle
and finally my gorg little dude helping mummy
Mummy to Ella and Dylan
Slave to: two cats Miaow and Cola, the buns Millie and Mollie and my special chooks Doris and Daphne,Dave and Katy Perry,Ethel and Mabel and our two newbies Ginger and Misty oh and the hammy Rhino

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Re: sorry had to share.......

Post by aishakali »

Lovely chooks and dude :-D
LYN
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Never be sorry to show photos,they are lovely .What are they dust bathing in it looks great )t'
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I think little dude even out-cutes the chooks )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Lovely pictures :-D
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
smam
Lively Laner

Post by smam »

Thanks guys!! He is THE cutest dude ever but I am biased!!

Jackian, theyre in a patch of dirt/bark chips under our conifer tree, their fav place is under the boys slide, i think theyre gonna hit china soon the way they dig around under there!!!! The most that have managed to fit in there are 4hybrids and 1 bantam lol x
Mummy to Ella and Dylan
Slave to: two cats Miaow and Cola, the buns Millie and Mollie and my special chooks Doris and Daphne,Dave and Katy Perry,Ethel and Mabel and our two newbies Ginger and Misty oh and the hammy Rhino
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awww wonderful pictures of your gorgeous ladies Smam :-D :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
lynniepinnie
Longlasting Laner

Post by lynniepinnie »

Great pics and it's lovely to see children enjoying their pets - it teaches them so much {hug} {hug}
3 dogs Harvey, Dylan and Betsy, 3 cats Merlin, Molly Mog & Lilly, 6 hens Eleanor, Eva, Ellen, Elizabeth, Hannah & Hetty 1 cockerel Frodo 3 Ducks Sarah, Winnie & Mary RIP Enid :( RIP Emily :( RIP Olga :( RIP Rosie :( RIP Ellie, RIP Evil Edna, RIP Esther :(
maz24
Longlasting Laner

Post by maz24 »

Ive got a gorgeous cat like that, no chickens now {cry} but love seeing yours, and what a lovely dude.
Marianxx
pepi
Longlasting Laner

Post by pepi »

Thanks for sharing - smiles all round

Sorry, yes Dude is cute as 2 buttons, but Katy Perrys floppy comb is to die for!!!! How cute is she!!!!!

agree that its SOOOO good for children to learn to care for and be gentle with animals.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

what a lovely looking little boy ,very cute,and katy perry is an amazing looking hen i love that huge floppy comb the cat is very regal looking )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Very nice boy dude and hen dudes :-D
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Lovely photos smam, and a very cute little chook keeper :-D
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Great pictures. My 4 year old grandson always looks for eggs when he visits and is learning so much. One day I'd been out late the day before and shut them in when I got home without looking. So he picked up the eggs and went back to tell his mum excitedly "there were 5 eggs and 4 hens, so 1 laid 2 and one laid 1 and....." Another day there were 3 at the door of the run "so 1 must be in the house". He knows how to recognise chickweed and picks it from the veg patch to give them.
How do keep the hen muck off the clothes if they dust bathe in the slide?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
smam
Lively Laner

Post by smam »

Thanks everyone for the lovely replies.

Im very proud my my dudey, he hasnt got bored of them and loves the egg hunt and his dippy eggs.y daughter is the same and loves helping with them even though she is more of a hinderance sometimes. When we lost one she wanted to see Doris and said a prayer and good bye so theyre understanding the cycle of life too!

Dont let the beautiful face fool you with Cola cat! Shes the devil in discise!!! (sorry minds gone blnk!)

I love katy perrys comb too!! Shes a very aloof lady but accidently landed on my shoulder earlier for a stroke!!!

Mo, I pooh pick the garden everyday but tbh they dont pooh in the dust bath jist everywhere else heehee!! Your granson sounds adorable!! Im hoping that Dylan keeps his interest in them as its so good for them for all areas of learning,social especially. if he scares on of the chiclens he says sorry to them and blows a kiss <3 x
Mummy to Ella and Dylan