Bed time

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Bren200
Lively Laner

Bed time

Post by Bren200 »

Hi, I just got ready to do my exercise with the girls to get them to go to bed & bingo all was in bed already. no exercise for me tonight, lol. I think I will have a cup of tea instead.

LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: Bed time

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Hurrah! Enjoy your cuppa :-D
Mine have only just headed in - making the most of the light evenings.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Bren200
Lively Laner

Post by Bren200 »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:Hurrah! Enjoy your cuppa :-D
Mine have only just headed in - making the most of the light evenings.

Just got my girl's on Monday 7 hybrids & love them. First 2 night's was fun trying to get them & put them in the coop. :-D
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

Mine are staying out until about 9pm when its sunny but on a cloudy rainy day they are in by 8ish
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Well done those clever girls :-D it dosent take them long to pick things up.
Ours were in bed early tonight as its awful wet and windy here they looked like neglect cases they have been pootling about in it all day silly girls :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

My 2 are in by about 7.30pm lately, about 8pm when it's really nice and sunny, they have no staying power. Plus Nugget got caught by the automatic door closer a couple of times (silly girl scoffing seeds that have fallen out of the wild bird feeder over their run) and I think has decided to get to bed early to be on the safe side. Plus she gets to nick the best bed as well, which was our old top hen Rexie's favourite bed.

Mine have spent the day pootling about in the rain too, daft things. They look like right rough punks when their head feathers get all spiky (not that Nugget has many!)
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
anne1234
Lively Laner

Post by anne1234 »

my girls dont go in till its dark or till have given them there treats )t' {rofwl}
Bren200
Lively Laner

Post by Bren200 »

Have a safe & good night to all the lovely hens >ch<
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

My six don't settle themselves down till it is truly getting dusk, so that is about 9:30pm at the moment. If I go out to lock them up and it is still a bit light, then they will come out in the expectation that I have something for them, so I' don't actually lock the coop till just after 10:00. Still I prefer this to locking them at 6:00 in the winter.
Michael
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

Fabindia - same here! It was almost 10pm on Bank Holiday Monday before my chooks decided that it was bedtime.

Although the weather was rotten yesterday they still stayed out well after 9pm.

OH has suggested an automatic door closer thing - but I'm sure that I'd still go out to check that CJ (doziest bird) had managed to get herself in on time.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Mine are all different ...Of my 4 Rosie one of my oldys is going to bed at about 8.30 it never changes , I think to get the best spot. )t' Clover the oldest goes next at about 9 but if I go out to the Walk-in-Run she pops out to see if there are any treats .She used to wait around for the two younger ones to make sure they were safe but has now given up on that as the last two are stop outs. . Bonnie a youngster is next at about 9.30 which leaves youngster Annie Every night it is about 10 , she will wander about in the dark for ever if she had her way . The only problem with that is I love my early nights as I am up early and I like to make sure they are all locked in .I hate it though when they are in bed by 5 and not up till 8ish .
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown