Advice please on rehoming.

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Advice please on rehoming.

Post by Tink »

I wanted to ask advice please on the best way to rehome my last two battys and is this the right way to go about it?
This is what I feel is the best for them.
We have had two deaths these last couple of months leaving us with just two girls we rescued in Jan 2012. At this point I would have usually rehomed two more.
We are newly retired and would like a break for a couple of years. I do not wish for another chuck to die and leave just one on her own or rehome her at that stage.
I was thinking it would be best to do that now. I have a friend literally Down the Lane who is thinking of getting ex battys in September and are willing to take my girls.
so that if they get others mine will be already in place and "top girls".
Any advice please/tips. I do understand the ethics about keeping our girls till their death but
that would leave one lonely old girl eventually should one wish to stop rehoming for a while.

Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Advice please on rehoming.

Post by Mo »

It might be better to move yours when she gets her new ones, then they are all new girls together. Us against a strange new world. Rather than defending 'their' territory.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Thanks Mo I see what you mean, we will be meeting up soon to discuss options.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

good advice from mo its the way I would go and the pecking order will only change the dynamics in the coop once instead of twice for the girls already in situ let us know how they go )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx