Rainbow Bridge is near for our little roadrunner Faith

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Rainbow Bridge is near for our little roadrunner Faith

Post by Linda S »

As you know Faith has been very ill but with abs she seemed to get over it and although never back to her energatic best, she has been tootling along happily {hug}

This morning she was very slow again and rested alot, and about 1pm we noticed that the pointy ends of her comb had a purply/blue tinge.
We have spent all afternoon with the girls and we have seen her comb discolouring as the day has gone on, she took herself off to bet at 5.15 the others are still out.

We have had some lovely cuddles with her which she only allows when shes ill, and she slept and gently bop-bopped as we got more and more choked up {cry}

Her breathing is normal and she isn't in any distress she just seems to be fading away. hubby gave her some worms and she ambled over to look for some when he dug but stayed clear of her sisters

Faith has always been a tiny dynamo with lightening speed hence the nickname roadrunner its awful to see her with no energy
Always vocal and with a very deep and ditinctive voice she certainly let us know what she thought of everything, we said she sounds like a cross between Pat Butcher and Foghorn Leghorn what a combination {rofwl}

To be honest we will be suprised if she is here in the morning, but she is where she wants to be with her sisters in a lovely deep staw bed and if we brought her inside it would only be for our sake.
Our hope is that she goes to sleep all snuggled up and drifts away like our April did, her symptoms are exactly the same

Faith had her 1yr Hennaversary last sunday and she has enjoyed her life and although we would love her to have alot longer we are being realistic and very thankful for the time she has had with us {hug&kiss} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you

silverback
Legendary Laner

Re: Rainbow Bridge is near for our little roadrunner Faith

Post by silverback »

Big gorilla hug for you Linda {hug} {hug} {hug}
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about Faith.

I did hope the little lady would pull through, but sometimes they just decide it's their time and off they go. At least you can remember all the lovely times you had together and all the lovely chickeny things she had a chance to do, thanks to you and your husband.

Big hugs to all of you {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Hi Linda

Sorry to hear this .

Is Faith an ex bat ?

Take heart you have done her proud and have done all you could to care for her , i hope she surprises you in the morning and has picked up .

{hug}
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Aww Linda {cry} so sorry. Lucky Faith to have you {hug} xxx
LYN
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

Thinking of you {hug} It's never easy watching them near the end but remembering what a special life you have given her and making the most of each moment {hug}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

It is so hard watching them deteriorate. {hug}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Aww. So sorry {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

{hug}
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

linda and tommy you are indeed very special friends but above all your thought and love form our little ex batt girls is amazing little faith has had an extra special life with you and has no doubt enjoyed every moment as have you free for 1 year and it is down to you both ,I cannot say anything to take away the pain but be assured my love and thoughts are with you {hug} {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} ,you know where I am anytime xxxxx
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
maggie1946
Longlasting Laner

Post by maggie1946 »

So sorry {hug} ..
Hoping that Sunny Clucker is coming to Leicestershire
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks all for your kind thoughts regarding Faith its comforting knowing that ther are people like laners who understand what its like {hug}

This morning we were very happy when our gutsy girl tootled out into the garden, yes she is still slow but did seem a bit livlier and brighter today :-D
Her comb has gone really discoloured though now and only a small part of it is normal pink, but she has eaten and drunk well which is good, she scoffed boiled egg and tomatoes as well as mash. :-D
We can only see what each day brings, one thing for certain is that she is making the most of every minute.
As long as she is in no pain or distress we are happy with that and so is our vet like he said hes only a phonecall away if we need him )t'

CD yes Faith is ex-batt and was such a tatty little bundle of quills, she only started to look halfway decent about 3mths or so ago when her egg producing pipes were packing up. That little lady laid an egg everyday up until then and it was as if all the goodness was going into her eggs instead of her body theres no wonder she worn out bless her heart {hug&kiss} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Great News she is still here {hug}
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Oh that's great news. I hope she carries on pootling happily along for much longer, even if it's a bit more slowly than before, as she must be having a wonderful post-egg retirement with you {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

So glad to hear that she has perked up a bit. Hopefully she will get a bit better each day. It is sad to have to watch them deteriorate but there is no doubt that Faith has had the best of care from you Linda.
You are always so supportive of everyone else, so I hope you know how much we are supporting you. {hug} {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.