How many Chickens did you start with - how many now !!!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: How many Chickens did you start with - how many now !!!

Post by sandy »

I will pad this one, did a poem on diaries about this awhile ago but wont slumber you again +f+
Sep 21 2008 Two
Mch 25 2011 One
Mch 26 2011 Four
Feb 4 2012 Five
Mch 31 2012 Six
Apr 10 2012 Five
Feb 2 2013 Seven
Mch 23 2013 Ten
Jly 16 2013 Nine
Jly 17 2013 Eight
Jly 26 2013 Seven
Aug 3 2013 Eleven
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

this post is fab we are all so exact as to how many and when I guess its all official then we are 100 percent chicken nuts I am looking forward to Manda posting in this she puts us all to shame doesn't she {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

i started with 6 (i wanted 4 but there was 6 there and i couldnt leave them) and lost 2 taking me to 4.. i wanted to get a couple more but the lady selling privately didnt want to sell them seperately so it took on another 5 on taking us to 9 : id always wanted leghorns and heard great things about speckledies so got 2 of each : were at 13 and i am readying the run before i home 2 ex bats : i wont do this until im organised as i know they need extra care

so im at 13 now: only wanted 4 >ch< +f+
manda

Post by manda »

I started with 8 they were meant for the battery and I got them before so they weren't exactly ex more pre battered.....I had Evadne who was the funniest chook and decided that she would go against all that battery farm genetics and go broody...so I got her some Orpington eggs...and that is where things changed. She had 6 beautiful Orpy babies 3 boys (Sid, Blue and Barry) and 3 hens (Mrs B1 and Mrs B2 ?(blues) and Hermione). Sid preferred to sleep on top of the coop from as soon as he could reach it and then hopped over to the hedge to sleep....the others followed and then they had their way out of the run.
Now they wander all over the place...I don't have a veggie patch at the moment because... well... because. They sneak off and hatch babies...it's a constant battle and chooks are winning (there will need to be some serious reducing of numbers soon .....I keep saying that don't I )

So in short I started with 8 and I don't know how many I have now ....)sh

aceface wrote:......this post is fab we are all so exact as to how many and when I guess its all official then we are 100 percent chicken nuts I am looking forward to Manda posting in this she puts us all to shame doesn't she {hug}

I don't know about putting anyone to shame ace...I'm not exact and I now I'm just wondering if it just shows I have no self control {rofwl} }hairout{
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

we took a pair of gorgeous little bantams to 'see how we got on' and decide whether to get more. We loved them to bits and so took twelve ex-batts. Three were killed in a dog attack (extraordinary bad luck as we live in the middle of nowhere), lost one to impacted gizzard, two to strokes, and then the bantams within a few weeks of each other. So, down to six now. I'd happily have more.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Started with 3 ex batts. Now have 2 ex's and 2 rescued Bantams. There have been some very special girls that have been lost along the way {cry}
LYN
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I started with 4 warrens in 2008, then went up to 14 big girls in total, all who have now gone except one that we hatched, we now have just 6, 5 little banty's and jess (cream legbar)

I have been unlucky i think with all the big girls that i have had over the years, all seemed to have problems with laying. As much as i love my chooks i have settled with just the bantums for now, as it breaks my heart every time i lose one. Lost 2 in the same day last year, and have no idea what was wrong with them. But they are the best thing i ever did, and would never regret having some chooks about the garden :-D
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I started with 3 and still have 3, although only 1 is an original. I would dearly love more, but eyes have been shut to the ones that I have. Luckily all my neighbours love them. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Started with three, at our most we had four.

At the moment we have two :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

I started with 4, moved up to 11 at one point but some of my rescuse girls have died and I had to have a younger girl PTS last week. I'm down to 8 at the momehnt - but only until Spring.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Sandra M
Lively Laner

Post by Sandra M »

I started with 24 eggs 13 hatched that was 5 years ago. They don't stay still long enough to count them all but i think their are about 70ish
Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

Started with four :-D now got two {cry} ...but definitely going to get more )t'
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Started off with 7 hatched another 4 from eggs, rehomed a cockeral two days ago so now have 10. but maybe looking to add som banties this year. :-D
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Phoenix82
Lively Laner

Post by Phoenix82 »

We started with 6,5 Pekins and a Warren that we re homed. It then went up to 10 but now we are down to 8 after our two Warrens passed away. It will be going up to 12 though as I am re homing 4 more!
Wife of one,Mum of two.
5 assorted Pekin Bantams,1 White star,1 Bluebell,1 Black Rock Hybrid
1 Lurcher,1 old Tom,1 Tabby Cat
Desperate for some Indian Runners!
anne1234
Lively Laner

Post by anne1234 »

started with 1 now have 7 3 big grils and 4 wee ones :-D