Characters

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
julie62
Legendary Laner

Characters

Post by julie62 »

Do any of you have chickens that are particular characters? When I got my last two chickens a few weeks ago - one has turned into a complete character - never had a chicken like her - she's into everything and frightened of nothing. Under my feet all the time - I nearly took her head off in the patio door the other day when she dived for the door desperate to get in the house ... let them out when I got in from work at half seven tonight for an hour and couldn't find her anywhere - she'd come in the house, gone upstairs and was in the bath when I eventually tracked her down. The cat's eyes were like saucers!! I love them all but she is completely hilarious :-D The older girls batter her all the time but she just keeps coming back for more even nicking food out of the head chickens beak - I think she's got a death wish :-D

Rita the mad chicken
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."

Scrambled
Lively Laner

Re: Characters

Post by Scrambled »

:-D lovely photos of Rita! And to find her in the bath is just {rofwl}

I've got two hens and they are so NOSY - they'll follow me around when I'm in the garden with them and they love coming into my shed when I'm in there, they'll jump up on any available ledge to get a better look at what I'm doing.

One of them tries their hardest to get into the house and will run like lightning to try to make it through the door....can't let her in though as we've got a terrier dog.

They are like a pair of bossy, nosy, complaining old biddies - and I love them to bits :-D
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

People don't believe me when I talk about my girls and what characters they are and how they interact and chatter away {rofwl} I have four different hybrids and each one has a different personality. Love them all to bits {hug}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

New trick tonight from Rita - let them out when I got in from work .. walking down the garden with a slice of bread for them as a treat .. all chickens running behind me .. Rita launches herself onto my bum, bounces up my back and sits on my shoulder so she got a bit of bread first safe from the others. Headcase {rofwl}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

Sounds like a Britain's Got Talent routine :-D :-D

My two will chase apples like a dog chasing a ball - I'll go outside with one for them, they run to me and then I chuck it across the garden and watch them run hell for leather after it :-D
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I LOVE that first photo of Rita! the look on her face is priceless!
They all have such unique personalities don't they? My special girl that liked
roaming the house & loved cuddles sadly died recently, I miss her terribly but
I know she had a lovely life with us.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

kathJ has got it spot on, being look at me as if I need help when I say I can tell my girls apart by their characters. Rita is on beautiful sassy girl )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/