egna still not well help

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
anne1234
Lively Laner

egna still not well help

Post by anne1234 »

hi all egna is still no good think got rid of the sower crup shes so thin and still got dioarea and very pale shes still eatin and drinking and greedy for titbits not been giving them greens been giving them bio yogert with mellworns in it any idear wat else to give her all the other girls are fine )hic {cry} (

jackian
Legendary Laner

Re: egna still nowell help

Post by jackian »

Hi Anne,
I cant think of anything else. I give mine tuna if they need a boost and others give cat food . Is she laying ?
I think I would take her to the vet now if you can . It sounds like her problem is not going to go away with out help. She could be given antibiotics . . Sorry I cant be more help and I am glad your other girls are all well.
Hopefully someone with more advice than me will be along .

Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
anne1234
Lively Laner

Post by anne1234 »

hi no she haset layed this year she over 4 years old now {cry}
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Oh sadly perhaps she is just like all of us getting old.
I would not worry too much if she is eating and drinking and still likes the treats.I forgot to say before mine also have a little cod liver oil every so often mixed with bits and pieces and oily fish.
I am not sure what the answer is to dodgy poos .

Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: egna still not well help

Post by kitla »

are her runny poops sort of yellowy coloured? When you hold her feel under her
tummy & wings, does she feel too hot? if so she might have an infection & need
antibiotics. Have you wormed them this summer? A build up of worms can make
them pretty ill.
A bit of scrambled egg is good to build them up, they love it & its got to be good
for them really!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

I would certainly get her to a Vet. I don't necessarily think the fact she is 4yrs old is a reason for her being poorly or not to worry about her.
animartco
Lively Laner

Post by animartco »

Have you tried a little bicarb? Just a touch on a bit of wet bread. I would not give a chicken yoghurt. Could be wrong, but I believe milk and cheese are very bad for them. If she has runny white poo she should be separated from the others, but I suppose you have done that. It sounds to me I'm afraid, like a job for the vet.
manda

Post by manda »

A little natural probiotic yogurt (if they have been poorly) will help build up the good bacteria in their gut but in general hens don't do any dairy there guts are designed for it and if you want to give them a probiotics a non-dairy one is better...

Do not give her bread ...she has had sour crop so if there are issues going on there the bread is not going to help either. Hens aren't designed to have bread either.

You could get some electrolyte powder for kids because you can guarantee her electrolytes will be out of whack.

But I think you do need to get her to a vet.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

Hi Anne, How is she today?
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
anne1234
Lively Laner

Post by anne1234 »

thanks all she is a wee bit better alot briter than shes been still a bit of dyorea but not as bad need to try and get some weath on her eatig and drinkin well and fightin for the treets havent wormed them from last year was worred that egna no fit enoft to worm ? thanks all
{hug}
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hi Anne

I would worm her - for all we know, it could be worms causing the problem.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
perchy

Post by perchy »

KarenE wrote:Hi Anne

I would worm her - for all we know, it could be worms causing the problem.

I agree, it will probably do her good )t'