Poo with tiny seed-like bugs ?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
MuddyHell
Learner Laner

Poo with tiny seed-like bugs ?

Post by MuddyHell »

(I have consulted the poo chart, but saw nothing like this!)

One of my girls (am not sure who) has been doing normal looking & smelling solid poos which have tiny seedlike bigs or insect eggs on the surface of the poo. They look like miniscule orange-coloured greenfly, but don't seem to have head or legs.
I think they are some sort of insect/worm egg. I suspect this to be from on of my newish girls (got them two months ago). We quarantined them for 3 weeks, and after no signs of weird poo or illness, we have now integrated them into the main flock.
I am about to worm everyone again with Marriages pellets. I haven't wormed the new girls yet, but did treat them with Invermectin when we got them.
They aren't laying yet (in fact I suspect one of the Marthas is an Arthur )ang )
Any ideas what these eggs are from ?
And will Flubenvet sort it out ?

Thanks in advance - I will try to get a pic in daylight later this week...

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Poo with tiny seed-like bugs ?

Post by KarenE »

Flub should sort them out, although I couldn't say what eggs they are. Are you sure they aren't being laid after the chicken has pooed? Probably worming is a good idea anyway
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
manda

Post by manda »

Could be worm eggs or snail or slugs...whatever it is it as Karen has said it won't hurt to worm them again ...maybe take off the top layer off the soil in the run and replace or if it is this they'll just keep picking them up.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
MuddyHell
Learner Laner

Post by MuddyHell »

thanks both. I don't think the eggs are laid after she has pooed, because it only the poo of one girl. the other poos, and there are a lot of them, are clear of visible eggs.
I'll Flub the lot of them once we get the marriages delivery.
We clear the run out and scrub the lot down with Jeyes each time we worm the girls, but they all like the same patch of mud when they are out free-ranging. And it won't be possible to clear away the top of the garden/lawn. I'll let you know how we get on (my OH thinks I spend too much time examining chicken poos :-D )
perchy

Post by perchy »

MuddyHell wrote:thanks both. I don't think the eggs are laid after she has pooed, because it only the poo of one girl. the other poos, and there are a lot of them, are clear of visible eggs.
I'll Flub the lot of them once we get the marriages delivery.
We clear the run out and scrub the lot down with Jeyes each time we worm the girls, but they all like the same patch of mud when they are out free-ranging. And it won't be possible to clear away the top of the garden/lawn. I'll let you know how we get on (my OH thinks I spend too much time examining chicken poos :-D )

Mine too )grin2(