Poorly Blossom

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
jackian
Legendary Laner

Poorly Blossom

Post by jackian »

The girls came out of the coup this morning as usual and immediately started chasing blossom away. This is unusual as they all get on so well together. It settled down and I went out for an hour and by the time I came back blossom was gasping and making strange squeaks. I thought she had some thing in her throat.

I rang my vet and down we went . After a really good examination he said her chest was all wheezy and rattlers and he thought she had a chest infection . Nothing was found in her throat. So antibiotics for 5 days.
I seperated her from the others as he advised until she has finished her treatment . I put her in the seperated part of the run and put in a cat box for her to sleep in and she has made no fuss at all. I am not sure if that is because she not well or she is just being a good girl .she made her way to bed in the cat box . I thought I would have to put her in .
Time will tell. The only fuss has been our old girl clover eating to be with her .

Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown

perchy

Re: Poorly Blossom

Post by perchy »

Aww, I hate it when they are unwell, I hope the antibiotics soon work for her, I am sure she is just being a good girl too, I do find that they are always quite good when they are feeling unwell and seem to know what is best for them {hug}
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Here's hoping Blossom perks up after a few days on the abs >fi<
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Post by ChickenCarol »

Get better soon Blossom, we are routing for you. Keep us posted.
manda

Post by manda »

Aww bless her...at least she's being a good patient..keep everything crossed she feels better soon {hug}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

Good luck Blossom with your treatment, I hope it gets rid of the infection. {hug} for being such a good patient.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Come on Blossom, you can do it >fi<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

After two days isolated and in a little cat box , not being able to talk properly and quite happy by herself .This morning out she came squawking like a good one and eating , pooing and drinking . All she wanted to do was get out .
So rightly or wrongly I have let her out with the others watching her carefully. I did not want her out of the big coup for too long as she has always been a bit of a loner and I did not want her to be forever alone. She has been fine . At first the others chased her but now they are back to being best buddy's .
She is sat on a log in a sheltered part of the garden and seems fine.
I know she has only had 3 out of 5 days antibiotics but I will see how she goes. I felt that she was better off with her friends .. Not sure if that was right but hey ho !

Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
perchy

Post by perchy »

To be honest Jackie as soon as mine start wanting to go out I let them, rightly or wrongly, I find they get more stressed in doors, all you can do is keep an eye on her, I have one at the moment who is a little hunched, as soon as I go near her, she springs to life and you wouldn't know, not sure what that is about, eating drinking etc, we just have to watch them, its all we can do, they usually know what is best for them )t'

Hope she continues to get better each day {hug}
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

But antibiotics must be given for the full prescribed period. If you don't any germs that have been weakened but not killed will come back, and this selects for antibiotic resistance and superbugs.

So I hope you are going to keep up her medication, even though she is back where she belongs.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

She has had. 3 days worth and I will give her the last 2 days . she seems fine today,of course loves being with the other girls but you know how good they are at hiding things. We will see.

Jackie x
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

)like(
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

I always think it is such a good sign when they do not want to be looked after, sign of recovery and inner strength. Good luck with her continued spirit :-D