Poorly Rose

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Poorly Rose

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi Jaxhen and thanks very much for your reply. Rose is actually coming out of the coop now into her run. She had a potter around the garden this morning, before this awful rain started. I am wondering if she is getting some relief from the scaly leg solution. Eating well and seems quite happy in herself so I guess only time will tell.

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I wonder if she's had a sprain or something and just needed a bit of rest to get back on her feet. Fingers crossed she continues on the road to recovery!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
jaxhen
Lively Laner

Post by jaxhen »

Good news that Rose is making progress. Seems that KarenE and I were thinking along the same lines about a sprain/strain.

This weather is awful and I'm feeling miserable as LL's sibling, Buffy (a buff sussex), crossed the rainbow bridge this morning {cry} I was wrong about their age!! They hatched 7yrs 8 months ago. I still have LL and two others who hatched at the same time.

Hope all our birds keep safe and sound. >fi<
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So sorry to hear you have lost your little girl Buffy. It really never ever gets any easier and is heartbreaking. What a marvellous age she was.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Jaxhen, so sorry to hear about Buffy {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
jaxhen
Lively Laner

Post by jaxhen »

Cheshire Chick and Karen, thank you for your kind words. Hen keepers understand the feeling of loss of an old friend. Many folks can relate to the loss of a pet dog or cat but just can't get their heads around what is, to them, "only a chicken"! Little do they know what personalities those girls have.

Hope you've all survived the wind and the rain. Roll on Spring and hopefully some eggs again.

PS How's Rose?
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So sorry to read you have lost your darling Buffy jh {hug}
How is Rose CC?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Thanks Sandy and Jaxhen. Rose is not too bad at the moment. She was out in the garden yesterday afternoon and walking quite normally, for most of the time. I am beginning to think perhaps her vision is not as good as it was. She is fine in herself so as long as she has quality of life and is eating and drinking well, I'll just keep an eye on her.