Wet windy and wild

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sandy
Legendary Laner

Wet windy and wild

Post by sandy »

Rehome on sunday at new site with 15 newbies, thats volunteers not hens! Wont go into details but wanted to tear my hair out...the crates of hens are here, stop standing around chatting and start releasing the hens people }hairout{
Rehomers were made to walk down a path with their cardboard boxes which were beginning to disintergrate before their hens were put in them, one man had 5 hens in his big box, i helped him carry them around the corner to his van and the blinding rain and gales nearly had us off of our feet and then the box began to fall apart so bits of wet cardboard surrounded 5 little girls which i hugged to my chest and luckily managed to get them onto his front seat, bless them. He had another two to collect so went and popped one each under my arms and ran back with them. Bless 7 little girls who had never been outside before had experienced extreme weather and then a nice cosy van seat to enjoy their journey home {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Wet windy and wild

Post by Gwenoakes »

Aww, bless them and you Sandy. {hug}
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Ahhh, you are good Sandy. We've been keeping chickens since 2012 now but never re homed mainly due to not having the facilities to keep them separate from the other girls and the time really to spend with these fragile girls but we've now decided the time is right and have registered with a local rehoming charity so just waiting for the next date to come up )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

We've only ever had rescues, and also helped friends settle theirs in - it's a very rewarding thing to do and we really do appreciate the efforts of folks like yourself. To do it at all is fantastic, but in that weather is just superb. We and the ex-batts salute you! )app( )app(
The aftermath of the storm here is about 6" of snow and still falling. It made us remember the first time our girls encountered the snow. We dug them a chicken superhighway from their coop out to the shed where our wood boiler was - they sat around it as though it was some kind of sun god!
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Very excited >fi< Just reserved 6 caged hens for the next local re homing on 25th April )t' Hopefully it will be a bit warmer and dryer by then and it gives us time to prepare the quarters - stock the minibar and spring clean {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

I am pleased that the hens are still being rescued . So many hens need to be , I am amazed that they all can be homed.
Bob
Luck hens that make it to owners on this forum for sure , potential super star hens.