Red Columbine

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
JMcElroy
Lively Laner

Red Columbine

Post by JMcElroy »

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on Red Columbine Black Tail chickens. Finding it difficult to find much information on them, as I believe they are a new hybrid.

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Red Columbine

Post by KarenE »

Do you mean Columbian Blacktails? If so, they aren't a new breed

https://chickensbristol.co.uk/product/c ... ktail-hen/
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
JMcElroy
Lively Laner

Post by JMcElroy »

Ah yes, the black tail. Thank you, thats great. I just got one with a Black Rock, so hopefully a good choice. Thank you again Karen, you've given me a lot of information on this and my other post.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

You're welcome, and Columbian Blacktails and Black Rocks are both lovely birds, ecellent for backyard keeping )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper