MEMBERS CHICKEN COOP PHOTO'S (PICS ONLY PLEASE)

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
MrsBirnie
Learner Laner

Re: MEMBERS CHICKEN COOP PHOTO'S (PICS ONLY PLEASE)

Post by MrsBirnie »

Here is my girlies run and house...will take closer/better pictures, off sick just now, and my Blackberry is away getting fixed so the old HTC phones not up to it!
We are raising the coop off the ground, so they can get shelter underneath, and going to go to the beach (2 second walk) to get more bits for them to clamber about on. Hope you like :)

Kerry x

s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

Yay, we finally got a roof on, took us a while to finally sort but I am so pleased it finally happened....and hopefully so will the >ch< 's be .....just in time for our lovely English weather as well {rofwl}
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Now I've got the hang of posting pictures I thought I'd send a few of the new, bigger and secure run that we made for our girls before the dark nights set in. We very soon realised that the one we'd purchase online with the coop just wasn't big enough (pic1)! )piicy( Image
The new run:- )piicy( Image
)piicy( Image
)piicy( Image
)piicy( Image
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
FURNYFARMER
Lively Laner

Post by FURNYFARMER »

this is what i managed to do during the weekend so its not yet completely finished as you can see (currently being used as a ball pit by my 2 year old son) the hole on the side is where the nest box will be fixed. hopfully get it on legs and finished by the weekend

this is the first time i have built anything so dont be too harsh please!!
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Doesn't look half bad.
At first I thought your chooks were laying very colourful eggs :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
FURNYFARMER
Lively Laner

Post by FURNYFARMER »

[imgImage][/img]

setup finally finished, had limited space so had to make do with what i had got, total cost to me was £3.38 which was for the numbers on the front

i lowered the perch after this photo was taken

heres babs one of my banties, henrietta was camera shy!
Wellington Boot
Lively Laner

Post by Wellington Boot »

A year ago, when we set out on this bonkers journey:

Added a second coop, and extended the secure run:

The (almost) finished chicken village:

[center]Wellington Boot Garden Farm is now open for business.
Search for us on Facebook, or check out the website at www.wellingtonbootfarm.co.uk
[/center]
beulah59
Longlasting Laner

Post by beulah59 »

It's not perfect but this is our bantam house ...

We lost all our birds to a fox in January. So to restock, we took on a flock for someone who had recently been bereaved, so we didn't have much choice over the birds we had. We wouldn't have chosen to have bantams, but they're pretty little things and we like the eggs!

In the meanwhile, we have three ex-batts (who came with the bantams) in our main run of 4m x 4m and a Cube, so we need a few more in there ... it was built for eight full sized hens. We separated the bantams to keep them on grass, because the run is covered in woodchip.
Hintza
Lively Laner

Post by Hintza »

This is a 12x8 purpose built coop at the end of the stable block we built last year.

The coop is 8x8 and the remainder is used for storing all the food and other gubbins.

The perches are 8' long and staggered at 2,4 and 6 feet in height, the early bedders and most agile nab the top perch. They are allowed to free range 24/7 so there is no outside enclosure.

Although there is water in there just now I, they normally don't have water in the coop but use the trough at the main door.

The main door is now open all day as is the pop hole but they tend not to use it much (usually for escaping from my delinquent cockerel)

The nest box is superfluous to requirements as they either lay under it or in the hay shed.

The pallet at the door is an attempt to keep the neighbouring sheep out with limited success.

The girls are let out early morning and get some corn an hour or so before bedtime when I do a head count and search for any missing ones.
3 Speckeldy, 2 Speckeldy boys, 2 Speckeldy Offspring girls, 6 White Stars, 1 Cream Legbar. 2 Cuckoo Marans, 1 Black Copper Marans (The Delinquent:- BOY!!), 1 Barnevelder, 6 Hyline, 2 Minorca.
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

My clever husband made this:

The little 'garden' around the coop will do for their first few days - I'll post a picture of the moveable run when it's finished
Life's too short to quarrel
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

So here is the current setup.

The fixed run. 6' x 10'. On top is bird netting, which can be rolled back so I can stand upright, and lift the lid of the coop. Maybe one day we'll make the walls higher and add a permanent roof, but it's all more wood, wire and work.

The moveable run. 6' x 3' and moved every day (they get to free range when I'm in the garden). The door is on top, for me to step into. On reflection it would have been better in the side, to let the chickens in and out easily.
Life's too short to quarrel
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Lovely set up .

Maggie )t'
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Started off building this 13ft by 13ft shed that housed my coop.

my home made coop.

inside coop.

Then added new outside run.

Now in the process of providing new free range area, still need to put up chicken wire, grass area and add a few fruit tree,s in winter.

Me inside shed with happy chickens :-D

Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Bickerton
Lively Laner

Post by Bickerton »

Awesome!