Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi sandy , good for you , knew you would get more , my hens are feeling left out and unwanted , Ha Ha .
see you soon.
Bob

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

As you will see from my signature girls have been lost and new girls have joined The Pink Ladies and The Peds.
As the only diary conrtributors are HenPen,KarenE, Kitty and Cheshire Chick and we now all are joined on our phones via group Whatsup I am not sure of what interest my diary will be to anyone on here, Bob i can send photos to via SWMBO.
So sad this section used to be the most active place on the site {cry}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Well it is still in my heart and I am still here gone but not forgotten and yes I have seen photos .
Invites out to all and address to those who ask. Not mine yet but not long to wait I hope.
I feel I have let you all down but unfortunately life is getting in the way.
XXXX
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

The new five gorls from July 10th still have not found their way to bed! I did confuse them by putting 1 in with Ingrid in the eglu, 1 in with the old girls in the cube and 3 in the chicken cottage. The roof now leaks over the cottage so put a sheet over it as only gets wet inside when coop door open but since last monday morning i have closed up the cottage as so upset finding my little brown hen Briony dead {cry}
My Jo still has a terrible cold vets useless at the moment keep transferring hen savvy vets to other practices!
Rats rampamt but was very pleased to see , though I hate anything killed, Smalls the cat with a huge one in its mouth the other day!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Jo still sniffly but still doing chickeny things. Next doors Linky been very poorly wont let me take her to the vets so have been giving her pain relief, i know she isnt laying so no problem eating her eggs.
Just glad its stopped raining their roof is getting worse. THAA Audrey has been moulting for nearly a month now, bless you wouldnt know from her just the piles and piles of feathers everywhere.
Fingers crossed Linky gets much better and everyone stays well

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well Linky is fine thank goodness, baytril, the teeny bit i had left and metacam she has picked up marvellously. Her comb stayed brittle for a few week after but back to normal now :-D
At last I got to see Becky a real chicken vet )t' she diagnosed Jo immediately..emphysema . Jo was an ex free range girl but the huge huts they sleep in altogether are not that well ventilated and she must have breathed in the toxic hen poo fumes as they are not cleaned out until the next batch arrives.
Bless her , she is fine but when her breathing becomes painful i will have to cross that bridge with Becky's advice.
Other girls are fine thank goodness, my egg orders are not being fulfilled, feathers everywhere and being non batties they are on their egg lay off