Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi sandy , see you Sunday , phone to let you know the time .
Seed , pellets , worming pellets and med`s if you need /want , Of course the MEAL WORMS as all guests should bring .
Bob

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Sandy , see you tomorrow , 1.00pm ish...
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Brilliant )like( we can eat first then i will rope you in medicating 17 hens :-D not too late as i know you have to get back to your flock. oct meet up would be good nearer to you for a change?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Thank you Sandy for a lovely afternoon .
Good to see the new hens , Till the next time , hopefully before Xmas .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

after a lot of sadness my little family has blossomed again very unexpectantly. At our last rescue we had many more hens than we had bookings for plus a rehomer who had booked 10 didnt turn up }hairout{ As Bob knows i have a big run but i didnt want to go through a long seperation as the doors between the runs are getting a pain to shut with warping. Tianna my 9 yr old godaughter was helping and asked if she could take home a hen which wouldnt work as she hasnt a garden for hens. The situation was desperate as all the volunteers were taking as many as they could so i decided i have 5 hens so i will have to have 5 to match up. the very next morning T and i sat in with them as the usual long integration wasnt an option. Even now there is squabbling after 3 weeks the newbies are coming up with the others for treats and Becky is a lap sitter )like(
Blossom has few feathers on her cop , Merle-Oberon is a 2 tone girl like Deirdre, Lauren-Bacall has a white back ,Becky has white spots on the sides and is a very litttle girl and Bunty was missing out on treats as her twisted beak meant it took her ages to pick up food but after a trip to the vets to have it filed professionally she is fine.
Many thanks to Bob for helping frontline my girls and The Peds, havent seen any mites recently and our ratty who joined in for the girls treats every night has disappeared. He was so cute, sat by me washing! I put a video of him with the girls on FB and soe of the comments, I was told i was totally irresponsible and the rat would tear my girls throats out! I am borrowing a humane trap for when he appears again.
Had a lovely early evening in with the girls and a beer :-D
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Well deserved .
Let me know if you need help with the re homing .
Could slip a few in van before SHMBO knew it .
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Your new girls sound great, how lovely to have another lap sitter! Look forward to meeting them - you could book me in for a photo shoot for them!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:Well deserved .
Let me know if you need help with the re homing .
Could slip a few in van before SHMBO knew it .
Bob

October 27th but too early for you Bob usually in the mornning, I have been roping in totally non hen friends for assistance as we are so short staffed on regular volunteer help...

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

KarenE wrote:Your new girls sound great, how lovely to have another lap sitter! Look forward to meeting them - you could book me in for a photo shoot for them!

Anytime Karen )t'

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well the girls have settled in very nicely, still the originals at the door first but Becky slips between them anxious to see me , yes me not just food. She loves getting on my lap and joy now so does Bonnie. Bonnie's chest feathers are growing back nicely , so well infact i have purpled her as Blue is very interested in her new quills. Audrey has finally stopped covering the whole run in her feathers, no idea if they are growing back as Buff's feather loss is totally invisible >coc< . Nancy Ped the big speckedly is moulting like crazy, they have all come off of her back. Everyone seems nice and healthy even though they are sharing their run still with ratty and ratty;s friend. I was sit in with the girls and a can last week and couldnt believe what i was looking at by the Ped's run... a deer! I stealthily got up to take a photo but i scared him/her off. Never ever have had one in the garden before, i expect the railway work has messed up its home }hairout{ . Blossom,Lauren and Merle STILL have not found their way to bed! Actually they probably know but are just plain stubborn, mind you i dont blame them not wanting to go into the eglu. Blue sits in there alone growling and glaring so its no wonder Blossom and Lauren sit on the dalek table. They are less than amused when each night i pop them in with Blue. Merle sits on the big red table by the cube so i pop her in there, no one wants to go in the newly freshened up cottage, it is only getting used for Blossom to lay an egg in there. Bunty and Becky get in the cube every night bless them, after i have put the food away i check on Merle who settles quickly then check the eglu, if Blue is growling i shout at her which shuts her up. Lots of flooding again, such joy i have this week off , wheres the sun gone {cry}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well everything was going well, Veronica Belle celebrated 2 years of coming to me on the 16th, I text her previous owner EasyG who was really pleased she was still doing so well. She had a nice anniversary , which of course she had to share with her minions of 12 boiled eggs, sweetcorn and prawns. The next day she was quiet, i joked she had overdone it the previous day. The following few days she was fine but then she became very slow and didnt want her treats , oh dear, i booked her in to see David who knew her well but when we went in David was still in with a very sickly dog so we saw a new vet Steven. He took her temperature, listened to her breathing and felt her over, shes fine he said, i could have some meds >coc< i said she had something somewhere that hurt her as when i tried to clean her muddy feet she had squirmed so he felt her underneath which caused her a lot of pain as she wriggled and squealed. Shes got a lump he said, could be an egg stuck very high or so,ething else or just a build up that would clear itself, I could have a scan but not much point as she was old! He then asked me how old my hens lived to.....said strange question as they were all different..some exbatties some posh, what a weird question. Anyhow when i said what did he mean no point in doing a scan he pushed at her sore area again and kept doing so saying she was old again }hairout{ i tell you what, i replied i will take her home and see how she goes. I wanted him to just leave her alone, well actually i really wanted to say ill go outside and wait for when David is free but i was totally p***** off by now so we went home. Bless gave her an egg and some tuna which she ate and she popped herself into bed...Next morning OMG feather mageddon, whole cube covered in grey feathers. Rons was out stuffing pellets with a bare back, yes she moults feathers off her back only. Since then she has been fine thankyou chicken god.
Anyhow, ratty is still joining in when its treat time, he and the girls just mill around one another!
Blue is still being a right pain allowing anyone in the eglu at night so still having to put Blossom and Lauren in with her. Bunty and Becky always in the cube and now Merle is going in there when everyone has gone to bed.
ole

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

At last Merle is going in the cube, just Lauren and Blossom to get properly trained now! Makes me laugh as they wont go in cottage but Becky insists on laying in there, probably because the bedding is all clean and fresh from no use!
Tianna came yesterday, told her she needed to feed and clean out her 5 girls as they hadnt been done since her last visit and they were her hens {rofwl} Dont know why she didnt believe me? She picked up Becky and put her on her lap and sat with her for 30 minutes or so, she was not impressed at treat time when ratty came out with the girls though, she got her feet up off of the floor while Becky wanted to get sown for the treats.
Ronnie is totally porcupine, will load photos when i can. Everyone is doing ok, including the Peds, seems the time for bluebelles to moult as Ivy Ped has started next door now.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

)like( first time last night everyone went to bed on their own. Blossom liked to cuddle up with Lauren before i hauled them to bed but she was in the eglu with Blue while Lauren got in the cube , so 8 in one and 2 in the other, still not using the cottage }hairout{
So wet in their run, stalosfaned all the bad muddy bits and then removed the big stone slabs i had put down in Lottie's run and did a nice lot of stepping stones. The roof is leaking everywhere going to be very expensive to repair and thats when i can find someone decent to do it!
Rehomed 3 new girls on thursday, my friend where i work in Falfield decided they didnt want to keep their girls anymore as they were finding less and less time they had to look after them. Midnight is a lovely black girl with thin shiny threads, Storm a lovely grubby grey girl and Ginger a posh light ginger colour with a lighter ginger and black tail. I agreed to have them on the tuesday to collect on thursday but having ridicously hard rain (are garage completely flooded) i wondered if they would be better off with my friend Linda who is down to rehome some rescues, she has a little small holding and intros are easy as they all free range as with mine it would be 3 newbies to 10 existing. She was happy to do so even though i would have loved to have had them. When i went to collect them, their owner Brad said he was worrie about Ginger as she was wet and bloody around her backside , he had had this before with a hen and had put her out of her misery himself when she became very ill , something he said he dreaded doing again. She certainly smelt bad so i took her and the other 2 to Linda's and we got Ginger out to check her over. Not happy i phoned the vets who had a hen vet on in 20 minutes and i was 13 miles away so i packed up Ginger in a cat carrier and shot down the M5 at speed playing Ginger Prokovief. Ginger had a prolapse, the vet cleaned her off removed some dried blood and pushed it back in but out it came again. She said they could stitch it back and see how she goes but usual prognosis it could come out at anytime and best she lived on her own so that horrible decision was made {cry}
I took a photo of the lovely girl and felt so awlful she had been skipping about just an hour earlier.
On a happier note i am off to visit Midnight and Storm on tuesday in their new home.
Bob he has a big coop going free?

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Are you asking for a coop or rehome ?
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Coop but he’s now passed it on