Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by kitla »

Sorry about Mirian & Lauren :(
Thats a shame about the rehoming, but I spose lockdown makes is so much harder to introduce new hens.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Double lockdown.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh what a pity about having to leave some girls behind, that must be heartbreaking {cry}

Lockdown is a pain, there's no getting away from that - if you haven't had chickens before I can understand that putting you off, but if you have birds already you're going to have to cover them anyway .

So sorry to hear about Lauren Bacall Sandy. Do you give your girls calcium supplements?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy trust you are well and working .
Have a good Xmas , deserve it for sure .
Still working and busy , not fair ....
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Icy freezing, nearly came a cropper going over the bridge in the freezing ice with pails of water yike*
Myfawny not been too good, bring her up the house when i am home in the light and she will eat egg yolk , had to buy eggs!!!!!!! I know Georgia is laying but eggs disappearing, honestly i just want to cry, the roof is crap and there are a million and one rat holes coming up through the old tree routes {cry}
Gave her some meds Merle had as I know its her crop, quite hard, lots of massaging doing but nightmare as vets wont have any hens brought to them now!
Others doing ok bless them, this morning , in the dark saw Suranne hobbling, no wonder she had a huge mud plaster covering two toes. Took her to my run and sat under electric light and cut it off. Her dad appeared, never see him down to his girls before daylight usually, he remarked you have been down here a long time in the cold. He just laughed when i said about the encaked mud on his girl, yes it was cold and dark ad i had to go to work but better to releive her discomfort.
Grrrrr !
will try and keep on here more but not as easy as before
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hi Sandy. I have been trying to sent you PM (but doen't seem to be working for me).
Thank you so much for your message. Unfortunately I do not have access to Whatup but if things change I will let you know as I would love to be included. Once again, thank you.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy , wish I could be there to help , soon maybe .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

No one wants to rebuild my hen run unless i part with silly money yike* for some strange reason the rats have disappeared, i am wondering if the forever gonna be about workman who are causing chaos with noise, lighting and road closures have anything to do with that?
Lost my beautiful Myfawnwy monday, hadnt eaten for so long we tried a week on two lots of meds but seems she had underlying problem {cry}
Oh for the light nights and mornings hardly see the girls with extra work again so not a lot to write i am afraid
Will have to get Jen the hen to sort herself out and start posting!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So sorry Sandy to hear that you have lost Myfawnwy. I know that you would have done everything possible for her but I also know that it still hurts so much. Hope you and all your other ladies are keeping well.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lost Monica Rose and Blossom since my last post, Monnie had a lump and Bloss eyp {cry} rats gone due to council, run still wet but only six girls left and they have plenty of room in the dry. Merle got same crop problem as last year, cost me £251 to have her in overnight for treatment. Bless Cyd makes funny noises, i am sure she is a bit sour in the crop but chasing her would only make her bulk and maybe choke yike* she will sit by me when i am in my chair and weirdly her comb is getting bigger and redder.
Everything on hold again for rebuild......

Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

sandy wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 19:27 Bless Cyd makes funny noises, ....and weirdly her comb is getting bigger and redder.
Is she having a s.ex change?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Oh Sandy so sorry you have lost your Monica Rose and Blossom. I have lost a few girls with eyp (it is one of my worst fears). Hope everyone else is doing well. Again, I am sorry for your loss.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

OMG since i last posted have lost so many girls, eyp, crop issues and nasty prolapse.Merle had just had enough with her crop issues, been on and off for over a year and she wasnt happy. Cyd Charisse hadnt laid since last year, found a long blue egg March 27th but the next one was long too laid on April 1st and covered in blood. Nasty prolapse which vet couldnt solve, so awlful as she was always scared of me but recently had begun chatting to me and sitting on my leg.
Did a rehome April 3, ex freerange white links and black rocks. Musnt have any more hens......
two girls fell into my car +f+ well needed 4 to integrate with existing 4, was happy to take a black rock with one eye but she was already booked with a poorly helper and then there was a white hen in a basket with a lump on her cheek so she, Dora came home too, off to vets tomorrow to check out lump, well Ive only spent £1200 this year on vets bills >coc<
Put everyone in together and opened all doors and hatches, too newbies Dora, Norma-Jean and Janice three nights to work out where to sleep in the eglu. The others are not nice to them but plenty of ducking and diving and bravado, well they were with 1000 hens before!

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Sorry to hear that you have lost so many girls Sandy. It is always so heart breaking. Good on you for rescuing more girls. Hope they settle in really well and quickly. They are lucky girls to have landed on their toes with you.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So Dora's lump is still on the side of her face despite a week on meds! Vet she saw was useless so going to try and book with someone else.
Apart from that all getting on fairly well, well no blood :-D