Lisa and The Lunatics!

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
LisaB

Re: Lisa and The Lunatics!

Post by LisaB »

Summer laid her first egg (well, first egg since she's been with me!) )c( )c(

I'm surprised, she didn't shout about it at all! Just shouted for a few hours beforehand {rofwl} {rofwl}

That's three eggs today! Such a shame having to throw them all away :(

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I'm having an absolutely awful chicken keeping day today.

After thinking the resp. infection was just about gone Charlotte's now back to sneezing and coughing }hairout{
Nancy is being an absolute terror to her, jumping on her back, pinning her to the floor and pulling her feathers out }hairout{ Daphne was joining in too.
Separated both the exbatts off but Summer was kicking up a fuss not being with them, so put Summer with them too.
But now Milly is being absolutely awful to Isabel and hasn't stopped chasing her around for an hour.

It's 10X worse than first introductions.

It's so sunny and warm out but I've retreated to the house because I just can't stand to see/hear it all.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Well, I think the girls have learnt their lesson from the separation and now everything is peaceful once again. Don't know what got into them all. Once they were all back together they went for a snooze under the tree for half an hour ~eep~ and have made friends again.

Swapped the chicks over into a rabbit cage which they seem to prefer, they don't panic when they see my giant head peer over the box now {rofwl} and can see what's going on around them which is much nicer.

Some photos now everyone is calm {hug}

(Chick bloomer shot for Lyn if she's around :-D )
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Lovely baby fluffy bloomers :-D )t' {hug}
LYN
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thought it was time for a chick update, my camera ran out in the middle of taking photos though }hairout{ sorry!

Today they are 4 weeks and 4 days old, I didn't even realise how much they've changed until looking at the photos from last week!

Luna, Aurora and Willow peeking in the back

Willow, still the tiniest of them all. Getting a lovely speckled chest :-D

Aurora's feet, look at how fluffy they're getting!

Aurora :)
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Lovely girls Lisa and the babies are so scrumptious and you have given them all lovely names. Are your chicks all girls Lisa iv forgotton >dum< Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Linda :-D Yep they're all girlies (or hopefully they are {rofwl} )
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I had quite a fright today.
The weather was awful all morning, me and my mum were out wrestling chickens, giving them their medicine at 6:45am!
Milly usually lays at 6:30-7am, but today she was still on her perch (usually comes out for a drink and some food before laying, but took one glance outside and decided to stay put {rofwl} ).
So gave them all their meds, cleaned the coop and made a quick dash for the house, and didn't go back to see them for a few hours, until the weather brightened up. I didn't notice at this time where Milly was >dum<
So being the lazy mare I am I went for a nap for a few hours and didn't get up til 5 :oops: went to see the chickens and Milly was in the nest box, she was so still and didn't even flinch I honestly thought she had suddenly died! Thankfully she hadn't, so I left her to it. Went back an hour later, still there. Went back at 8, still there. Now I was getting really worried, something has to be wrong, laying for over 3 hours?! Well I lifted her up and she was sitting on her own and Summer's egg {rofwl}
After she had her evening medicine she went straight back to the nest box.

Someone is feeling broody!
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

LisaB wrote:Thanks Linda :-D Yep they're all girlies (or hopefully they are {rofwl} )

lovley chicks what will you do lisa if one is a boy do you have a plan
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

aceface wrote:
LisaB wrote:Thanks Linda :-D Yep they're all girlies (or hopefully they are {rofwl} )

lovley chicks what will you do lisa if one is a boy do you have a plan

My plan would just be to advertise him like a mad woman until I found him a home.
I'm confident they're all girls though, there was a boy from the same hatching at the breeders and he was much bigger with completely black wings :)
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Lisa love I hope you and your little flock are keeping well. {hug}
Thinking of you and sending Loving , Healing thoughts and wishes take care love {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you so much Linda {hug} {hug}
I think we're all on the mend now {hug}

Some pics from this weekend, the chicks had their first venture outside

Milly's also still broody! Keeps stealing Summers eggs {rofwl}

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

what lovely photos lisa and don't they grow quickly ,they are lovely little hens {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

They are beautiful - and growing so quickly! It looks as though they've enjoyed their taste of the outdoor life.

So nice to see you back again {hug}
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you both {hug}

They grow insanely quick!! Every time I look at them they have grown >dowhat< I can't wait to see how beautiful they are when they've finished growing though +f+

I felt bed as they've not been able to go out today, too cold and windy, hopefully it'll brighten up again soon. They also had mealworms for the first time, they are definitely my best friends now! {rofwl}