Longlasting Laner

Re: Henpen's hens and Eggstremely odd eggs

Post by HenPen »

Thank you all!

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

I'm so sorry to say that Wiggy has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. She has been spending more and more time in the coop, slowing down.

I went out yesterday and she was all fluffed up in the nest box, so I left some sunflower seeds out. They had gone when I went out today, so I guess she did venture out for them, but she must have passed in the night and was in the nest box when I found her.

I guess it was old age in the end, and - although I am so sad to lose her - it is the best way to go. Goodbye my lovely comedy chicken xx
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh no, the very sad news that we have all been dreading. What a terribly sad end for you to 2019, having lost your dog, and now a very sad start to 2020 losing the incomparable Wiggy. So sad that we won't be reading about my beautiful godhen's adventures any more.

BUT what a wonderful life she has had, Queen of all she surveyed, and what a lovely way to go - peaceful and asleep in your bed. Who could ask for more?

How are you doing HP? {hug} {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Thank you, Karen. It has been a sad time and I am really going to miss Wiggy and her funny ways. I am so relieved, though, that she was able to go peacefully at home instead of the dreaded trip to the vets. Despite spending ever more time in the coop, she was bright and inquisitive and demanding treats right up until the end, so I don't feel she suffered and that is such a comfort.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Sorry to hear about the loss of Wiggy HP. It is always such a sad time, but she would have had a marvellous life with you and I think, like you say, to go peacefully at home is the best way to go without that dreaded stressful trip the the vets. Hope you are OK.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

How are you doing HP? {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper