The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by KarenE »

Good morning henpals, Dory Grey here )wav(

I think I may have a rank from the old-organised-on-a-proper-footing henpal order but I can't remember what it is! >du< BUT I do know I'm Tophenanall and that's just as good henpals, and that's a fact!

Of course I had to write in and post my tribute to the marvellous and for me especially henspiring henpal Wiggy Woo, my mentor and fellow Woo. I follow Wiggy's teachings to the letter, trying to be mellow, man and follow the Ways of the Woo. It works a treat and always keeps mum and the rest of the Ginga Ninjas on their toes

Things have been a bit quiet round here since the sad loss of our Little Will, who we all miss. We have all been moulting - blimey, that does take it out of a body! - but as I am a seasoned 3 time moulter it doesn't bother me much and that's another fact henpals! Pokey and Mango are first time moulters and let me tell you, they do not follow the Ways of the Woo and are definitely not mellow, man, about anything.

We have a new UU and it's a weird UU. We're not quite sure what henpal protocols are for dealing with alien UUs. It's a smal white thing that has moved into our greenhouse -it did originally move into our coop but we soon put a stop to that. Mum & Dad give it food & water, and whenever we try to go into the greenhouse to have our lovley dry dustbaths or eat its food, it stares at us in a very intimidating way with its big baby eyes and does little cheeps.

Marley also tries to terrorise it, like she tried to with us, so we're even more confused as the enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

Any advice henpals?

Dory Grey
Woo Warrior and mellow, man
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Bill +f+
My what a long time it has been since any of us henpals have updated our diary >eas2<
Sadly I have had to take over the reins of posting from my beloved fellow raptor Blue , who as you may know passed over the rainbow bridge a short while ago {cry}
It is rather ironic the raptor i was named after was the first one that crossed the bridge in the film and now i am the only one left of us pack of four.
We have had a sad year also losing two uppity upstarts Becky and Bunty , and trust me we are sincerly hoping that will be an end to sadness for a long long time. There is no point losing uppity upstarts , we have no one to chase and boss about!
Did i say uppity upstarts....I am number three in our house after Ronnie and Audrey and i have Lauren,Blossom and Merle to keep in order , well last saturday mum came in with two big boxes and our scary box, this box is scary because sometimes a sister gets put in it and never comes back, this of course was confusing as no one couldve been taken away because we were all present and correct.Then mum shut some hatches that allow us to get through our run very easily and are very good to use if mum is coming after you as she cannot fit through them. Then she shut the dividing door which has been open for ages so of course it wouldnt shut properly. Mum made a mumbling sound , went off then ca me back with a stick thing, she took off the bolts and changed their position. Lauren says it was a magic screwdriver , Lauren watches a lot of weird stuff on our communication thingy.
We all peered through the dividing wire while mum emptied the boxes and there appeared three white uppity upstarts, two grey ones and a ginger with black tail feathers. They all made little whimpering noises which were suddenly drowned out by Merle's loud squawking, of course she was rejoicing she was surely going to lose her bottom girl status.
The new girls had a whole evening of finding their way around our territory , they ignored the cottage that mum had put fresh bedding in and got themselves up on the high perches outside, Ronnie told us she and Audrey and long ago sisters used to sleep up there but since they had got more elderly(and rotund ,no i would never say that to Ronnie's face)they prefer the cosy cube. Next morning the newbies were let loose with us while mum supervised. We had a whole day of fun, some of the newbies went straight up on the high perches and stayed there, Ronnie told every newbie she met she was boss . Me and Lauren and Blossom had some good scraps, I got a few combs in my beak and got shouted at quite a lot, Merle did a lot of chasing but didnt seem to catch anyone. After hours and hours we were fairly settled but mum seperated us at night. But one wake up time we were all together again. and things had settled down a bit as the newbies knew their place and seemed more concerned sorting out their pecking order. The white girls are feisty , the grey girls bit wary and the ginger aint no ninja, kept herself to herself although now she is diving in for treats, hmmm speaking of treats we are banned them.
Normally no treats would be an afrontery to all hens rights but mum explained to us it is to keep our beloved Audrey and our nutty Merle safe. Thursday morning Audrey had nasty liquid falling out of her mouth, mum took her up vets where she stayed for a couple of hours, apparently the liquid was all gone so she just needed to come home with pellets only on the menu.....horrors Audrey had just come home and Merle was puking liquid and swinging her head around so up vets with her. Merle wasnt good at all and had to have a nasty tube shoved down her throat and stay over night. Next day she had to stay at vets as she still had grassy stuff in her, mum was confused about this as we dont get to go on the grass but mum realised she had been weeding and giving us a load of earth and weeds the day before. Merle finally came home just before dark and had to be on her own in the small eglu area. Today she was let out but went straight up the bog house where she had kale, boiled egg, natural yoghurt with meds mixed in, apparently Merle had laid early this morning so mum was happy she knew which egg was hers as mum says humans cant eat meddy eggs. Merle came back before it got dark and told us what fun she had had exploring the big house and had only pooed on the ground with no carpet on it. Mum said still no treats as it will make Merle sick and as annoying as she is we will just have to go back to our other treat, bossing about UU's
Hope you are all well henpals and my first post is ok?
Charlie
The Pink Ladies
x
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello henpals )wav(
hello Bill +f+
Since my last post i have been on film which was a vey strange experience. Mum showed every part of me to the camera , even a big close up of my nether regions >shrug< I could see a nice looking lady looking at me on the other side of the phone asking a lot of questions about me. I had been feeling rather off colour the day before so mum made sure she made an appointment for me but now there is an even bigger lockdown so i had my 'examination' this way. Of course i was feeling a bit better by the time mum was in contact and claws crossed i have been much better since. Mum keeps giving us tons of kale which is delicious but not as lovely as the big red melon we got today which was much needed as it is so hot!
It has been much calmer in the house as everyone seems to be settling down and getting on. Merle is estatic she is no longer bottom girl but she has not managed to master uppity upstart Monica-Rose who is a very feisty girl who talks all the time and follows mum around as if she was her favourite. I told Merle she is now at the special place which was was the end moniker of Gwen of all hens , 007 so she is quite chuffed. Speaking of the old ways we know it is a very special time for us hennies being the period of the egg rituals but as everyone is locked down, apart from mum who goes to work too much for our liking, we quess we will have to celebrate amongst ourselves. My best fun is waiting for Cyd to get wel into a dustbath and then go and kick her out, then of course i love chasing Georgia . In this hot weather i now pick on Ingrid as i dont have to exert myself i just have to give her my raptor stare and shes off.
Hope all henpals are keeping well
Charlie
The Pink Ladies
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Mango here reporting in for the very first time! )wav( )wav(

It's all been very eggsiting in the land of the Ginja Ninjas and we haven't been norty at all. AT ALL!

We have not, for example, walked all over Dad's just-that-minute varnished door sill and wiped our beaks on it. Of course we haven't.

We haven't neither waited till dad had painted the door a lovely gleamy white, and then walked all over the paper with the drops on it, and then left white chikin prints all over the back yard. Of course we haven't. That would be very norty indeed.

We have definitely not never raided mum and dad's barbecues and flapped our way onto the table to nick the bits of food we want, while ignoring all the food they give us. That would be just too norty to even think of!

So in the words of a famous former henpal, and I think it might be my new slogan:

Do not blame the chikins!

We are all very sorry to hear that you have been not well, Charlie Pink Lady, and also sorry to hear that you have been henvaded by a pile of uppity upstarts. I wish we could get a few in our place, as I am now bottom hen and let me tell you, I do not like it at all! When I was 003, I was the happiest hen alive. Me and Pokey used to knock about as bessie mates and I could while away the hours, confering with the flowers and chasing Little Will all over the place. Now I am bottom hen, Pokey pecks me all the time, apart from when we is getting up to nortiness which of course we never does. So I could do with a couple of teeny tiny UUs to take the heat off and to restore me to my rightful place of not bottom hen.

Dory Grey sends her apologies for being incommunicado lately. She has been kidnapped every single night for the past million years and she says its eggsorstin. Her ordeal, she says, is terrifyin - mum whisks her off (waking all of us up, not just Dory!), and then dangles her feets in a bowl of warm pink water. She doesn't look much the worst for wear though henpals and to be honest it all sounds rather nice. So I dont think this is a punishment for Dory being norty, and in fact it sounds like a posiive reward, as Dory has now confessed that she gets raisins and grapes afterwards! yike*

I wish mum would kidnap me and give me grapes, then bring in a couple of uppity upstarts for me to be 003 over.

Mum and dad have been around loads lately, Like your mum, we too have heard that all the humans is locked out. We're not sure where they are locked out from, but they aint moving into our coop! Not unless they agree to be 004 and 005.

Anyway, got to go henpals. Hope all henpals are enjoying this bit of sun, and sunbathing, and dustbathing, and of course having mums and dads around all the time during this locked out.

Mango
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Bill +f+
How sad the last two posties have now past over the rainbow bridge {cry}
We have had a right lot of goings on in our Ped House and over in the Pink Ladies, I am posting as the Peds are all a bit do lally tat!
The Pink Ladies all could catch kyrptonite from the diseased Merle-Oberon yike* She used to be the baby, ie bottom girl, but since having six new uppity upstarts her place went up. Unfortunately instead of emulating the revered Abbie Rose she seems to be following in the footsteps of Amanda-Jayne, a girl we have read about in mystical Silkiebabe's writings.
She now will need to lay platinum and diamond eggs to pay her way, not that her mummy can eat her eggs for while!
Madeline one of the white M's has also been poorly, the vet people were not sure what was wrong with her and she was collapsing nearing the journey to the rainbow bridge but she miracoulsy recovered after being given fishy food for cats, hmmm now how are my acting skills?
We have had four tiny weeny uppity upstarts join us, they very wisely steer well clear of us and hang about like the 4 Marys!
I will continue on the diary tomorrow as as usual 9.30 has become bedtime as we and our mummy and Aunty Pink are all rather tired working and skilpping away from one another at 2 metres!
For now, yours
Jen the hen
Keep safe henpals
>ch<

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals Dory Grey here )wav(

Oh dear, henpal good wishes are on their way from us to the Pink Ladies Merle and Madeleine, who by the sounds of it need all the wishes they can get and that's a fact henpals! It also sound like the Pink Mummy could do wth some special henpal pot-of-gold-lucky-leprechaun +elf+ wishes. perhaps we could subtly suggest she buys a lottery ticket this week and wins squilions, which should be enough to pay one vet bill at least...

We here have also had very sad and trying times lately. Sad because of the loss of our dear Mango, who left us a few weeks ago in the hope that she could join Little Will over the bridge and reclaim her place as not bottom hen. Trying because we also have two new uppity upstarts join us! }hairout{

As well as invasion of uppity upstarts, we have also had to battle pestilence and plague as we all have had sniffles, critters and worms yike* I think we're only short one more Horseman of the Hapocalypse and that's another disturbing fact henpals!

Honestly henpals, me and Pokey are utterly exhausted with it all!

Dory Grey
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Bill +f+
Sorry didn't post when i said i would, been mad here, the four Marys who are actually BluePed,Ginger,Ninger and Linky are huge! Miriam is slightly worried they are now, apart from Linky bigger than her! She therefore has been totally justified to bring out her inner raptor when ever one of them pass by her!
Our daddy and mummy have gone away so Aunty Pink is looking after us(well no change there then) bu we all got yummy thick scrambled egg. Ivybelle said its not real egg as that would make us all cannibals its just that AP says it is for some strange reason >coc<
The Pink Ladies are all well despite the doom that the vet lady bestowed on them, Ronnie has grown back all of her lustrous feathers and is back to full top hen an all status as today she has sat on Monica Rose for daring to eat some corn before her. Our THAA Suranne just pecks us she is far too lazy to sit on us which is good news as she is quite chunky!
Sorry to hear there are sniffles in your house Dory, I hope you are all wearing masks to prevent any spread, do you think your uppity upstarts have brought some nasties along with them?
Right bed now, which is always fun now there are 11 of us
Jen Ped the hen
>ch<

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Bill +f+
Jen Ped is very busy at the moment, the uppity upstarts have really grown and are very uppity. Blue Ped is so big our mum mistook her for Ivybelle for a moment and Ivybelle is huge! The cute Ginger one called Ginger is a right madam, she even likes a cuddle from our mum which distracts mum from cuddling us espeically when it is HOT HOT HOT.
Nancy Ped had blood on her foot, she had torn a bit of skin so mum had to spray and cream her, mum wasnt too impressed she purpled her jammies, we wonder if amy UU's had anything to do with it >coc<
In our house the diseased one, thats that we call Merle these days has made mum very happy being back to very annoying and noisy so much so mum dosent rub her crop anymore. Monica Rose was rather poorly last week, mum had to wash her bot , she laid a funny egg and was ok but is now dropping feathers. What with Audrey, Georgia,Cyd and Monica rose moulting it is getting like a pillow fight in our run.
Mum gave us a huge watery melon which was good as its so HOT HOT HOT and today we got leftover lasagne , veggies and roasties, yum yum. Everyone took a bit and we all joined in break a piece off of the yorkshire pudding , all except Cyd who is the most fiightened ninny ever. I have worked out she is 006 which means of course she has five girls under her but she is super scared of Ronnie and Merle who of course used to be a bottom girl before we got invaded.
Now mum has started to keep the top of our cube open before it got HOT HOT HOT as she kept finding our eggs broken and she was convinced it was a Roland being cheeky......
Did I say Merle was back to normal? Hmmm she has picked up a very bad habit and done something totally taboo which would result in a meeting of the SIC if it still existed!
Mum caught her in the act, she was pecking her egg and Georgia and Madeline's egg yike*
Hmmm not sure how mum is going to put a stop to that.
Well we are all okish and hope you all are, did I say it is HOT HOT HOT
Night night for now
Lauren Bacall Pink
Stay COOL COOL COOL
The Pink Ladies

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Bill +f+
We are not happy, our communication thingy had had a lot of dodgy why fly so everytime we have tried to use it nothing happened }hairout{
Merle has stopped eating our eggs, she used to follow our mum about everywhere but now avoids her as much as she can as mum keeps rubbing her chest a lot which i find very strange as why would you?
Mum has been picking up Blossom a lot too tutting that she is so slim even though Blossom eats a lot.
We have had the powdery sprinkly stuff in our waters agian that makes is bubby like soda water as Blossom is also rather chesty as is Ronnie a little bit too, though Ronnie is chesty on and off always, I never ask her about it as i am sure her being top hen an all its none of my business.
Everyone else is okay though our Audrey has a small purply comb so of course mum felt her all over and seemed confused. Audrey certainy is bouncy, well as bouncy as a very big girl can be, she leaps as high as any of us when the delicious berries get dropped in our run.
We have very sad news from nextdoor, the lovely Ronnie lookalike Ivybelle was very sick last thursday, our mum said she had lots of liquid in her crop but she couldnt get it out as Ivybelle was a big girl and mum didnt want her to choke. On friday she was really bad so our mum told Mrs Ped who said she would take her to the vets but Ivybelle was still in her home when our mum got home and very sick. Mr and Mrs Ped came and said they had forgot and their friends were due any minute so they would put her in Sox's basket and out her in the greenhouse yike* Our mum took the basket and had to wait 90 minutes while Ivybelle had her crop emptied but the vet then found a nastiness in Ivybelle so said best to let her go over the rainbow bridge {cry}
Am hoping why fly continues to work but for now we are setlling in our bed to get the happy to watch one of our fav shows , if we can hear it over Blossom's croaking.
Lauren Bacall
The Pink Ladies
sleep well henpals
xxx

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Bill +f+
Hens teeth I have been lax and i notice no one from the Pink Ladies have been on here.
They have had a lot of sadness with losing Myfawnwy, Monica-Rose and Blossom while Merle has been on meds . We were very worried to hear how much Mere's treatment was costing, would Aunty Pink have enought monies to still buy us all treats?
We lost our Miriam , she went in the big house and then another big house far far away but sadly past. She was the feistiset girl ever along with Suranne so its weird now as Suranne is so slow and quiet now the job of keeping the young upstarts in order has fallen to me as Nancy is to lazy and Vorky is a bit of a wuss!
We have heard through the grapevine,,,,ooh grapes >ck< that there has been breakouts among the henpals. Apparently Smudge led his girls out to freedom while Smudge just sneakily escaped. We shall of course keep this strictly under our combs as no henpal daddy or mummy is allowed to read our diaries, a vow Gwen made them promise long ago.
I say go for it but its a bit windy and wet so i may lead my sisters out when its nicer weather?
Night night for now henpals
Remembering wattles to Freda
Jen (Ped) the hen
>ch<

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

The world according to Pokey

Snow and ice and water all taste like water!!!!

Pokey
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpal )wav(
Hello Bill +f+
So good to be posting good news :-D Merle"s crop isnt so full of stinky old liquid anymore and Cyd is able to disperse hers herself, aparently Ruby used to do this the whole time so Aunty Pink is happy. She also is happy Suranne who looks like she has one foot on the rainbow bridge for the past how many months is back on the perch at night time and behaving like what she is a THAA!
We were very lucky our daddy let us out for a run, he either know nothing about the fluey thing or he is on our side...Claws to you Freda, of course Aunty Pink spotted us , mumbled something and said oh well we would not being going into the food chain yike* Since then we have been on our best behaviour, I even let her give me a cuddle this morning with not one bit of struggle.
News from the Pinks, they are having company, a big wooden home with upstairs and dwonstairs was put in their run. A quick google I found it is for bunny rabbits which is probably going to be their Easter present? hmm now that would be interesting, we are hoping at our designated festive season we will be getting mealworms and sweetcorn. We would be making a plan of action but with 2 lockdowns on the go we cant really be bothered.
Hope you are all keeping well henpals
and safe

Jen (Ped) the hen
>ch<

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello henpals )wav(
Hello Bill +f+
Oh my goodness so much has happened since my last diary entry and most of it so very very sad {cry}
I lost my bestest friend Nancy on sunday, and since my last entry both Merle-Oberon and Cyd Charisse from The Pink House have passed away.
Suranne is now really struggling to walk but keeps pushing herself on to eat and drink and even gives the uppity upstarts a little peck now and then.
Talking of uppity upstarts The Pink Ladies have been invaded by three newbies, all white, well whitish as they are quite mucky girls with pink floppy combs.
Janice is the quiter one, Norma Jean is increibly brave and put herself in the big cube with her elders on her own to sleep and Dora who has a biggish lump on her cheek. Audrey has been keeping them in order , she like our Suranne is the best a top hen an all can be, firm but not nasty.
I do hope the next diary entry i make will be on a more cheerful note
Keep safe henpals
OMG and all our special love to Giblet xxxx
Jen (Ped) the hen
The Ped House

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Bill +f+
Our THAA Suranne has a terrible big behind and finding it so hard to walk, she is eating and drinking well but I know Aunty Pink would love to take her to the vet person for help but our daddy isnt interested }hairout{
Our cutie pie, thats what everyone who sees her says she is, Ginger is broody again! Its so annoying I have to climb over her to lay my eggs but even more annoying is when Aunty Pink lifts her of the nest and she runs around making ridiculously silly noises while the young girls chase her.
The big news is is that Audrey has gone mega broody, mega as in her size and in her time being broody. It is such a pain for the Pink Ladies as she insists on performing looking after her invisible children in the eglu where her sisters like to lay and being such a rotund lady it is incredibly squashed in there. Of course tey do have the large cube to lay in but either they are stupid or very cunning as Audrey frequently crushes their eggs so they get to eat them , hmmm no I think they are stupid {rofwl}

Hope you are all keeping well henpals

our love to the flocks who have lost sisters and all our claws crossed for the legendary Giblet {hug}

Jen(Ped) the hen
>ch<

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Henpals it is with great sadness I have to tell you the stellar diary writer on behalf of The Pink Ladies and The Peds passed away wednesday June 2nd our beloved Jen (Ped) the hen {cry}
Only yesterday we have lost our THAA Suranne Ped so all our flocks are feeling not only depleted but extremely upset.
I will not write any other news for now....
Ingrid
The Pink Ladies