The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Champ reporting in , and hello to all you Hen pal`s and creatures in the collective .
This is a new organisation started up by accident ( my broken leg , hurts so much I limp ) . This collective is now in ownership of the big coop . we the collective have lots of cunning plans and those we acted on seem to work.
Firstly we have our meetings in the evening , in the dark so as we cannot tell who we are under torture from the human. our meeting starts we a social eating of food , then a major cleaning session and then a debate . We have had our disagreements and sides (of the bed ) are taken up. I have the honour of being the early and late shifts . these duties involving waking up the team of collectives , those in the neighbour hood and advise bed times and meeting calling.
treats and and more food is allocated to the larger members of the collective as the need for a show of force . Our smaller member is the spreader of news far and wide as has a gate pass into many coops .
Code names Are C -H - P and D . I am the Feathered branch rep as well and the Flock `s needs are insisted on .
Well I will report my bulletins when we hold our next meeting.
I stopped the humans noise last night . Fun watching the feather go up and down and then IN.
Champ in the collective

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Happy Christmas Henpals )x(
We hope you all had a very good day full of treats, time out to dig for your presents and play chase? Dory that means you chasing one of your sisters not a furry creature chasing you!
We have had none of the above but please do not feel sorry for us as Aunty Pink has promised us a right treat feed up tomorrow of the box day, so presumably the treats will come in boxes?
We have had an interesting month, Audrey Pink went off of her food! As she is a huge orange fluffball we reckon she wouldnt just collapse from hunger but her mummy got her boxed up(hens teeth just worried then that the treats might be US in boxes?) and upto the vet , apparently she had a swelling near her liver . She had to have tablets shoved down her throat but happily she seems better now.
We have had to have all that pink smelly stuff spread around our house as it was getting very slippery what with us pooing on the slimy mud, well we dont want to poo on the dry bits of our house do we?
Our Rita and Fay have gone all strange, they are trying their best not to skitter about, they are not worrying when treats are late and not complaining when they are pushed out of the way for food. Apparently this behaviour has been influenced by the origin of their species the one and only great Wiggy Woosworth of all Woo. Hmmm bet it wont last, Rita likes to be a bossy noisy madam and Fay dosent like to stand still for more than a few minutes.
The biggest news henpals is in my family The Peds…..we have a boy +f+
and there henpals I shall leave it for now and see who you can guess out of the 9 of us it is as we have had no newbies arrived!
Treats and joyfulness to you all
Moonshine and twiglets to the Woos
Jen the hen Ped
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Appy Crismis enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere )x(

We as been avin a marviloos crismis. Ar crismis dinner turned up on boxin day, not in a box but in a dish an it was luvly like wot me an Dory remembered. We ad sprouts, an carrits, an roastie pertaters and somefink called a parsinp. But no crismis pud this year, we ave been shokinly neglected on the puddin front. Not even a likle bit of crismis cake to keep us goin in the long gaps between snacks.

An then to top it all, the killer white stuff is back agen .sn< an as covered all the delicious grass. Dory Grey refuses to set foot on it as she is convinced it will kill her stone dead, even though me an Pokey as been all over the gardin in it. Dory refuses to believe the hevidence of er own heyes that we is not dead, an as confined erself to ar run. She as halso tried to confine me an Pokey to ar run, but we is avin none of that, hespecially wen mum turns up with ar measly ration of treats, which she chucks about all over the place in a futile hattempt to hentice Dory out, but Dory sez she's not avin it. She cranes er neck out as far as it will go so she can eat the mealworms she can reach, so me an Pokey gets to finish all the rest up.

Now Jen En as give us a right crismis mystery to solve, an we as bin ponderin oo the secret boy in the ped flok is. An we can't decide. Is it Felma, or Looees? Ar money is on Felma.

Tiddly Widdly >ch<
Eatin Dory Grey's moonshine an twiglets. Well, if she woan come out to get em...
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere agen >ch<

An a Nappy Noo Year to all enpals an their oomans! To celebrate the Nappy Noo Year, we as ad some crismis cake, at long flippin last. It was delicious, an me an Dory Grey even allowed Pokey to ave a nibble.

The Noo Year as got off to a very bad start though. Someone as pood on my tail fevvers. {mr.angry} I as my suspicions oo the culprit is, an it aint Dory Grey. An it aint me neiver, as is is almost himpossible to poo on your own tail. Needless to say, they is in a discustin state an I can't clean em! You would fink that mum would stick me in one of them spa baths an elp clean me off woulden you, but no. It's halmost as though she asen noticed.

I ave noticed a nescalation in asbo behaviour by certain uppity upstarts lately. I was mindin my own bizniz before, quietly contemplatin life an the huniverse an everyfing wile sittin on mum's nees when suddinly I ad a pile of tail fevvers shoved in my beak yike* Pokey as developed the abit lately of shakin er tail fevvers in my face just when I am about to nod off. Bloomin liberty! I ad to peck er enpals.

Mind you, me an Pokey as very rough tail fevvers. Its halmost has if someone was nibblin on em. An pooin. Dory Grey meenwile as pristine perfect tail fevvers, but she sez the nibbler isn't her, as that would be beneath a top en an all. Coincidence? It's a Noo Year mystery! Which reminds us - we is still waitin on Jen Ped Hen to give us the results of the Mysterious Boy In The Coop puzzle she set us. All enpals ave been right quiet, they mus all be off partyin an everyfing.

Signin off fer now
Tiddly Widdly >eas1<
Still tryin to clean er tail
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals Dory Grey factual investigator and THAA here

We were about to post seeking mega-strong henpal wishes for Quaker, brave warrior of the House of Penelope and Red, but sadly we are too late {cry} Our deepest condolences to Quaker's flock, and of course the Bob Daddy who we know will miss Quaker something chronic, and that is a fact henpals!

We would love to post an update about our latest daring adventures, but truth be known henpals we haven't had any! Mum chucked a sprout tree into our run about three years ago (well it feels like that). Honestly what was she thinking? There's no mealworms hidden in the sprouts, so what's the point? We've ignored it.

We hear Freda Defra has started her War agains tthe Henpals again, and announced a 'lockdown'. I need to some some intensive investigation into this here lockdown, as so far the only difference I can see is that mum has stopped feeding the little rubbishbirds that live in the trees which is of course an absloot disgrace (to coin Remie's phrase) as it means there's no dropped bits of fatball and seeds for us to clear up! Pokey is beside herself.

Tiddly Widdly says she is feeling her age. She's still stuffing her face, but is definitely not the bouncy little terror she was when she first moved in - that's Pokey's job now. So some henpal wishes for Tiddly wouldn't go amiss.

Anyway, will sign off now and order my flock to putt heir black wingbands on in memory of a true Henpal Legend, Quaker {hug}

Dory Grey
Top hen and all and that's a fact!
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Henpals , Having been thrown out of the palace and collective meetings are in the cold fresh air ,It seems a new breed of hen has arrived .My girls (They are under my protection and feel like a door man to them ) are really pushy especially when food is about . We think it is a form of Captain Chaos but well over the top . I think it is a good plan to get in the palace and get treats . The new boys visit me and I show them how`s boss through the wire . I ask you me and 3 girls and the Desmond has huge number and they want my girls. Shows how I look after them as they are the best (They know it and tease the new boys all the time , calling them over for a chat . I am going to have a few words tonight with them .
Lots of activity on the main coops . I can see stuff on the run and it is all darker inside , very secret stuff.
Sending out lots of messenger pigeons (we should not trust this method as not all messengers are getting through.)
Champ ,getting fit for the spring dancing .
Bring it on youngsters.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

The World According To Pokey

Hello, I'm Pokey >eas1<

Sometimes I find snacks in my feathers! )eat(

Pokey
Karen
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere an I is furioos! >ch<

Why is I furioos I ears you harsk? Lots of reasons enpals, lots of reasons!

First off, I woke up this mornin wiv The Ump )gr: I wake up every mornin now wiv The Ump because I am gettin pooped on hall night. It's like it's rainin poop in ar coop now, ony not nice gentil misty rains but great big massive dollopy rains wot splatter all hover my back an tail. I harsk you enpals, oo woulden av The Ump wiv all that goin on hall night?

But as today as gone on, I ave developed The Right Ump )ang

First off, mum as left the weather running all day agen. It as been hawful enpals, I'm sure you doan need me to tell you that - rain, then chunks of hard rain, then more flippin snow stuff an just as we was goin ter bed, more flippin hard rain wot hurts when it whacks you! I think mum musta forgotten where the tap is to turn the weather hoff, or praps she as broke it as she as been messin wiv the weather for months now. Or praps the dial is set permininly to 'rubbish'. Either way, she needs to sort it out double quick or she will ave some right unappy enpals on er ands!

An if that wasen henuff to give anyone the Right Ump, I ad a Pokey on my ed yike* Flapped up an landed right on top of my ed she did, the great daft dollop! An I is feelin a smidge sensitive because of my teensy tinsy moult, specially aroun my ed an nek. Onestly, she is a noly terror, so she is. She as been squarin up to me lately, wot is of course beyond the pale, an so I ave ad to get right stroppy an pecky wiv er, which all enpals will know goes agenst my normally placid an carin nature. I'm a lover, not a fighter {hug&kiss}

Now, this ole fing wiv the weather is an absloot liberty an mum mus be forced to take haction so I ave penned the followin orders to mum, in poo. Dory Grey is right hupset as clearly all the threats of kidnappin that we ave done over the last years an years asen made a blind bit of difference. It's halmost like mum wants Dory Grey kidnapped or sumfin - this is wot is hupsettin Dory Grey. So we ave ad to change tactiks a bit:

Dear Mum

This is the Super-Secret League of Chikens!

We ave bin keepin super-secret tabs on your chiken keepin standards an sad to say they is not up to scratch! We are most concerned by the too much weather wot you are subjectin yor chikens too. Too much weather is very bad for their ealths. You may fink that providin a super cosy snuggly coop an fancy new nestboxis an perchis is henuff to fulfil yor chiken keepin dooties but it isn't!

We hinsist, as the super-secret guardians of chikens everywhere in the entire huniverse, that you himmediately sort this out an SWITCH THE WEATHER HOFF! Or set the dial to 'lovely sunbathy sun' setting.

If this doesen nappen right soonish, we will be forced to take haction. If there isen a nimmediate himprovement in the weather, we will be forced to take Pokey ostage an you will never see er agen until the weather stops.

An wile yor at it, you could leave a big massive bag of mealworms underneath the happle tree.

These are the horders of the League of Chikens. Do not try an find us as we is super-secret an masters of disgise. We are definly not Tiggs, Pokey an Dory Grey so do not blame yor chikens!

With much love

The League of Chikens

That should do the trick, bish-bash-bosh we'll have glorious weather before we know it!

Tiddly Widdly >eas1<
Performin feets of eroics for all enpals
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

From the collective , Wive got it hear and we aint giving it back , Send your bag of meal worms and we might trade .
Champ , (his Girls and the rest of the creatures .
Forwarding address to be supplied .
(We got a new green , grass roof )
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Well we decided to share the sun , sent away for a day please send back soon , (with the mealworm bag )
Champ and the collective .
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere for a short hupdate from ar flok >ch<

First off, Champ if you sent the lovely sun off to other enpals to borrow for a bit, it aint made it to us so it looks like it might ave got lost. Heither that or someone as nicked it hall for themselves, an this is right beyond the pale.

SO OOEVER AS THE SUN, CAN THEY GIVE IT BACK PLEASE?

Dory Grey as hinsisted that I post on er behalf, as she is too fat an lazy to do it erself. Thems is my words, not ers! Dory spends hall er time either preenin to make erself look perfik, or now she spends hages fussin habout in ar nestbox. Because - an this is the bit Dory wanted me to post habout - she is layin heggs agen! Noffin for months an months an months an then yesterday bish-bash-bosh a shiny blue hegg! )c(

Mum was deelightid to find it there, an so Dory reckons this now means mum doan want Dory kidnapped no more, as she is the honly productive en in ar flok. So the good news is we can get back to elaborate plots hinvolvin hextortin massive bags of mealworms wiv the threat of kidnappin Dory Grey agen, as hobviously the threat of kidnappin Pokey asen worked neiver. The weather is still on, but it looks like someone might ave nudged the dial a bit to the 'less rubbish but still rubbishy' settin. So maybe a teensy tiny victory can be claimed!

Henyway, that's all fer now enpals as I as a very busy day of scratchin an diggin an knockin on the teensy door in the big door lined up!

Tiddly Widdly >eas1<
Not plannin on layin eggs for ages yet. Leave em halways wantin more is my motto!
Karen
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

The world according to Pokey

Hi, I'm Pokey )wav(

The floor is also my dinner! )eat(

Pokey
Karen
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere! .sn<

Well the flippin weather dial as now been switched to 'bloomin hawful, wot are you finkin?' and fings is so bad even ar run as become himpassible! Bloomin great piles of white stuff as hinvaded ar run an the ole gardin in fact. There as been no way of havoidin it an even Dory as been stompin habout in it.

But on the positive side, at last my life long hambition as been realised! I ave taken full possession of the big ouse, in a magnificent victory! We ave fully secured the downstairs loo an the allway, an ave marked it as ar territory by leavin loads of poo all over it. We ave ad many sorties into the kitchin an we ave prakticly seized this as well. Now all we need to do is take the livin room an get up the stairs an ar sweet sweet victory will be complete! )app(

We is takin a short break from hoccupyin the big ouse, jus to check ar run an coop is hokay, but then we will be back! The chiken revlootion starts now!

Tiddly Widdly
Queen of all she surveys
Karen
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Hey Henpal Dudes,

The sky has been falling, which is sorta cool and chilled.

The first snowfall, I was taken into the warm hospital wing (they call it the Downstairs Loo) and given lots of treats.

As there was nothing wrong with me and I'm an outdoors kind of Woo and I need to be in the open air, I let mum know I wanted to go back to my own pad. I tried explaining but she isn't very bright and doesn't understand clucking, so in the end I had to communicate by completely losing my cool and flapping and pooping everywhere (which, as you know, is something I am trying not to do now I am all mellow and groovy but sometimes a hen's gotta do what a hen's gotta do). That got her moving!

Sending you all Peace and Love >mmm<

Wiggy Woo
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Woos )wav(
I got the communication device :-D Jen the hen broke the last one so this new one has been siddled under the nest box in our house!
I just want to say get well Mrs Woo from the House of Penelope and Red >fi<
Had anymore pies recently Dory of the Grey
and Wiggy of Woosworth I have managed to master going far out hen,,,,right out to luscious green grass >mmm<
Ssssh Ronnie has spotted the light on so night night for now
I will tell you about the antics of Rita Ped next time!
Fay Wray Woooooooooo
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/