The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi, I have a new visitor and am charging rent . 5 grapes , 1 banana and a gate pass a day .
Feels a bit crowded in the dog cage and pleased to sit on the roof and look about .
She can stay as long as she wants.
Evil ,The house hen .

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
OMG we all in the style of the House of Fruit, which consists we think only of Scary now, we have been reading up on the old journals on these dark nights, want to zig a zig zag out of here. Unfortunately there were no boxes just bags that were big enough for at least me to get into , def not Audrey, but they were full up with stuff already. We want to go , we are not fussy we will got to the place with the grass and yummy sounding roof or the place with the boys.
House of Penelope and Red your daddy gave us lots of lovely corn , we hope you still have some for yourself?
Dory and Pokey your mummy gave us your GARVO, and some sweetie hearts so we must be very special.
Yes we have all decided we wanna move so suggest you lot ensure your mummy and daddy bring BIG BOXES , with nice bedding in of course, next time they ever visit. We are sure you will love our company, dont worry about the bonzai banshees they can stay behind.
BUT the Peds are in total contrast with us, they were not amused they were all man handled and slathered in that gooey stuff but they do support our moving as they reckon they will move into our house. hmmm
anyhow there are bigger things to think about at the moment, apparently we are approaching the time of the invasion of the turkeys yike* they are much bigger than us, they must be huge because they are bigger than Audrey and we have heard thosands of them will be arriving in the next few weeks so henpals we feel this is the time Pokey maybe you? can come up with a plan to help us prevent this invasion, remember they are birds so they will be after our treats!
i wll sign off now and bid you all a rat free night
Veronica Belle
aka Ronnie
The Pink Ladies
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Pokey here )wav(

Dory Grey and I have had an intensive conversation and we have agreed that we could squeeze a couple more henpals into our palace, if it helps to prevent the Pink Ladies from becoming homeless. Pack your checked hankies on a stick girls, and come and join the House of the Revlootion! Any colour and size welcome, we are Equal Opportunities Revlootionaries at our gaff! The only thing we ask - well, demand really - is that there's no jostling for pecking order positions and you all agree that you'll be below - waaaay below - me and Dory. And of course whoever is bottom hen - we'll leave you to sort all that out - takes on MarleyWatch duties.

Of course, there is always ample space for Wiggy, should she ever decide she's fed up of the quiet life. Although personally I'm not sure about having more than one Woo around.

Now just in case any of you are not sure about coming to live with us, can we remind you of the following marvellous features of the House of the Revlootion:

1. You get me and Dory Grey and we are the top attractions
2. Our run has some Perchy Log Things in it
3. We have several wonderful Standing About Spots in our run
4. Mum always has a knee free for Afternoon Preens and Snoozes
5. We get Mealworms or other HenpalApproved treats upon Liberation from our Enslavement (when mum let's us out of our palatial run)
6. Our garden has lots of delicious things to eat, including fruit, although we do have to adhere to the Capitalist System of Exploitation and Unfair Exchange of Labour, and do a bit of gardening in return for freedom of movement and snacking

We hope that's settled a few things for you. Let us know who is coming to live with us and we will arrange for mum to take a box up and pack you in. 2 or 3 max we think and if one is Audrey, maybe just Audrey...

Now onto news about me. I am top hen an all!!! )app(

Possibly only temporarily due to Dory being out of sorts with her moult and her serial killing, which continues every night. EVERY NIGHT HENPALS! It is playing havoc with my beauty sleep, and even more with Dory's - she has lost her wig with the stress of it all. She is so out of sorts that all the worms who live harmlessly and in a biodiverse biosystem inside her, have started evacuation proceedings! )loo(

She cannot bring herself to diarise henpals, and is even slacking off from her Factual Investigator duties! yike*

Anyway, must go now as we are in sore need of catching up on all our serial killed sleep, so night night and don't let the wormies bite!

Pokey
Top hen an all!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Pokey how can I, I mean we refuse such a lovely sounding home. Well actually I mean I as living in a smaller flock would naturally mean more treats divided by 3 instead of 8. Our home is really getting impossible for any civilised hen like myself. Mum may have chucked tons of pink dust all over the mud but it is still there! We have huge bags of bits of wood that we are hoping mum will place over the slimy mud when she ever appears in the daylight. Mum does have a nice plastic bench and a sturdy garden chair that she sits on ( apparently she forgot the seat covers(as we like to christen them) when your mummy came to visit :oops: but i have no inclination to sit on her lap , i remember when i am on her lap i am having something shoved down my throat or being squirted with cold liquid. Mum does mumble quite a lot we are not like the old girls although Echo has taken a liking to helping mum with everything recently , maybe when we get better days she may test out the lap sitting.
I do have to point out Pokey , you may want to warn Dory in advance I am a top hen, I am infact a very big and very hefty top hen and i dont demote easily, just so you know that.
Of course at the moment any sort of leaving the safety of our homes would be terribly dangerous as the turkeys must have started their journeys . If they are going to be at most peoples houses by christmas day then they will have a long walk depending on whos houses they have been invited to. i am certain I could see off one of these birdies but they may come en masse so it would foolish to chance it. We are all in agreement with ourselves and the Peds we must ensure they do not stray to our houses and demand our treats .
But Pokey I will treat your invitation as an open one ( though dont keep your door open at night)
All for now
Veronica Belle
Top Hen
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , Evil from the collective reporting in.
It is getting rather crowded in my private penthouse .
Pom Pom is a good friend and I like her company but the white ranger has decided to poo yellow liquid and managed to get in as well. I also heard that my home is needed to gather up stray hens from some where else . I say it is getting bad when you feel homeless and room is sublet . Looking out the window I am glad to be inside where the treats are free flowing beds changed and food and water . Pom Pom lets me have lots of the treats and uses me to clean her top Pom Pom .
Well not much happening and settling down for the winter .
Evil , Pom Pom and The White Ranger.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpal )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Its )x6(
we have been so lucky, first off we got up very early and had TREATS mixed in with our pellets, that were MASHED just like we like them for BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!
We also got strawberry hearts for tea >ck<
Of course we had to share them with The Peds but as there was masses it was ok this time. Diva girl Lotus Blossom went all floppy so she got an extra special day up the big house, this was fortunate as she could report back to confirm they were not in mums house, we thought maybe they were hiding there hoping to catch us unawares but no the turkeys did not come!
Good job we have had such a smashing day as mum tells us Mr Ped will be getting us up most mornings and even putting us to bed as mum wont let us up in the dark due to the Rolands invading our home!
Oh well a bit of a lie in shouldnt be too bad....
Happy Christmas all henpals
Treats to all
Blue
(got the controls back at last)
Pink Ladies Division

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Pokey here )x(

We hope all henpals and their hoomans is having a very wonderful Christmas and of course - HAPPY NOO YEAR to everyone! )hic( )pty

It has to be said, we have been having a bit of a mixed Christmas so far. No special presents under our Christmas trees, even though we keep checking for a massive bag of mealworms under the apple tree, as Tiddly Widdly taught us to. Not even extra mealworm rations on top of our daily treats allowance! Miserable, henpals. And most upsetting of all, NO CHRISTMAS DINNER!!! yike* This is what happens when you think you can slack off and not write any letters to santa, even though there is plenty of poo to write them in.

But on the positive side, we have been spared the invasion of the turkeys, a lucky escape by the sounds of things. Mum had beef instead. We're not sure what a beef is but at least there's no danger of a beef moving into our coop and nicking all our treats, or even worse bumping off mum & dad in their attempt to take over the world, and thus depriving us of our main caregivers-stroke-HenpalApproved servants.

Mum has a massive sausage finger. It is hampering her efforts to give us the personal care and attention we deserve, and worse is that it looks like she's got a bit of bread permintly stuck to her finger, and when i try to examine it closely (to give her my expert medical opinion and check it isn't really bread) she squeals and waves her finger around. Dory Grey reckons that mum got this sausage finger injury in the Turkey Wars, and so we should be grateful to mum for putting life and especially limb in danger for our wellbeing. It still looks like bread though henpals.

Dory Grey, having rallied through her moult now and no longer being serial killed every night, is busy taking back her position of top hen an all. It was nice while it lasted )gr:

Must go now henpals, Dory Grey has just come back from peering into the kitchen window and reports that the turkeys have indeed invaded mum's brick coop!! Dory says there's a medium, serves 4-7 one there right in the middle of the kitchen counter, as bold as brass! yike*

Pokey
We may never be seen again!!
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hello Champ reporting in , refugees from Turkey wars have come to our home . being good members of the collective we have squeezed over .
latest ones must have been at the front as they seem well bedraggled and eat more food then all of us. The Terrors are now happy as they are being bossed about by 12 bald warrior type amozonian hen fighting .So dangerous they are kept locked all day in the old coop that the trio of boys had , me being the last of the. Going to sleep now as old age is creeping in .
Happy times for all.
Champ (Still hear and fond remember of Penelope and Red)
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Well we have survived the turkey medium serves 4-7 invasion - perhaps mum's sausage finger is a secret anti-turkey weapon - and happy to report we at long loooong last had our Christmas dinner! We suppose late is better than never, but it's an absloot disgrace making us wait a whole extra week for our delicious festive fayre >tree<

There has been no other sign of the invaded turkey so we assume that mum dealt with the intruder in a suitably deadly way whilst keeping us safe, as she should as our HenpalApproved Protector.

Mum keeps changing her sausage finger. One minute it's chunky & long, the next it's stubby & small, more like a chiperlata. We assume these are all different types of tasty delicious sausage that we aren't allowed to eat for some unknown reason. Most unfair!

Henpal get well soon wishes to new Henpal Simone who we hear has a dangly toe. Dory says that having iffy feets is no barrier to mobility - she should know, she has dead gammy feets and manages to hoppity-skip her way round the garden no problems. And continued Henpal get well wishes to Lottie Sparkly who continues to be on & off her feets. There is a theme here.

Pokey
My feets is fine!
Karen
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Terrible news enpals! We has been INVADED!! There are hordes of strange horrible chickens moved into our coop and run. One of them is Uppity and the other is an Upstart, so we fear this is an invasion of Uppity Upstarts that we read so much about in the Henpal diary back issues yike*

Dory Grey has read up all about Gwen of Hen's UU tactics and is primed to get going on them, and in fact today has made a pre-emptive strike by getting on mum's knees, even though she hardly ever does, just so the new UU called Mango can't.

I have been practising Tiddly Widdly's patented The Looook, which I know is dead effective as it worked a treat on me. In fact I am using the second generation The Loook Pek-Pek version and it also is working a treat.

Even though mum has shockingly prevented us from implementing PeckingOrder Protocols with her squirty bottle, we have safely secured our positions. Dory is top hen an all, due to her spending a whole week staring intimidatingly at the new hens while they sleep (can you imagine waking up all bewildered and in a strange place, and the first thing you see is a Woo staring right at you up close???) Through the patented The Loook Pek-Pek I am safely second hen an all, and the two UUs seem to have settled their differences. The big wussy one called Mango astonishingly seems to have made third, due to sheer size we think (she is no Toffee though, not even a Chestnut!) and the tiddly adventurous one called Willow is bottom hen an all.

They are both very friendly towards mum, but don't worry enpals, we will soon knock that right out of them!

And if this invasion of UUs wasn't enough, all our water had been going hard all week and there is crispy cold stuff all over the grass! It's like a biblical plague henpals!

Mum still has a sausage finger. The novelty has worn off.

We hear there is still some sick henpals knocking around, so all our henpal wishes go to our poor sick comrades especially Simone of the Dangly Toe, Sparkly Lottie and Pom Pom. Get well soon girls.

Pokey
Patented The Look Pek-Pek Practitioner
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
At last the communication device has found its way into the grand home of The Peds!
So Pokey, you and Dory have uppity upstarts...you know you and The Pink Ladies are lucky in the fact you don't have to immediately share with these intruders but unlucky in that you cannot lay the law down straight away like us Peds. Only quite recently as you know we had Bjork and Vorky landed on us (although Suranne did a lot of landing on them) and any sort of introductions we tried to politely make were greeted by a spray of cold water from our daddy and our mummy who we rarely see except on these occasions and of course she always gives us our names. Waste of time really naming us cause she christened me Spreckles which Aunty Pink wasn't keen on so I am now as you know officially Jennifer Spreckles , something to do with scaffolding I believe? Anyway Pokey I hope you are lording it over your new sisters Willow and Mango but make sure they understand fully , uppity upstarts or not they must now our code that we all stick together when it comes to cunning plans and tactics!
We have a lot of yucky mud in our corner of the run, thank goodness our daddy put on a good roof, poor Pink Ladies have lots of yucky mud which the ginger ninjas are taking lots of mud baths in though Veronica and Audrey prefer their drier areas, not surprised with Audrey she is one big fluffball, like our brother Rocky who is one small furball. Aunty Pink keeps cutting and pulling muck off of his never regions and feet. Suranne dosent need to have her own foot bath, Aunty Pink gives her a special leg cream probably because she has a hard job being our top hen an all!
We are a bit worried about the love struck Rita, our daddy got her because she lays ridiculous coloured eggs but she hasn't laid for ages as all her efforts are going in to woo Rocky, doh why? Well like all boys he has thrown her aside and is enamoured with the young and skinny Vorky . Unfortunately it is unrequited love when Rocky chases her but it is fear when I chase her!
Speaking of mud the Sparklies have had a lot of stone slabs put in their run although Blue has told me they have nice clean feet. Lottie ,the one who must be very naughty as Aunty Pink keeps locking her up , has taken up singing. She trills all day long which is quite a nice change from Rocky's crowing and Miriam's whinging.
Well we haven't got any plans or had any adventures like Champ and company or you and Dory, Pokey which is okay as we havent got much time getting up late and going to bed early...
Sleep now, on the perch with 7 girls with Rocky beneath us on guard (silly boy dosen't he know we relieve ourselves in the night time)
Jen the Hen
The Peds
>ch<

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Champ reporting in , well our last cunning plan was discovered. I blame the scramble Junior giving the game away .
We had hatched a plan to hide a dozen eggs and hatch them to increase our members ship and get deciding rules through the collective.
Well Scramble got caught depositing her egg and now we have lost a chance of a dozen new members.
Goldie on call to sit on them with Moe.
I have been visiting , Evil and Pom Pom in the dog cage . I think Pom Pom is clever as she has treats (which I share ) comfort and warmth at this time of year.
Welcomed in a Terror has he is terrorised by his ex mate. Desmond ain`t happy with it all but getting used to the idea.
Simone has joined us in the garden but her friends don`t mix much .
Jack is on morning call to let us know breakfast is ready.
Not much fun as mud is well up to my feathers and puddles are deep ....
waiting to be let out which we cannot wait for .
Keep well all flocks and Power to the collective.
Champ
(Actually knew Penelope and Red. )
Flock of Penelope and Red.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

The world according to Pokey
Last night, we fancied Chinese. So we ate mum's bamboo
Pokey >eas1<
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Champ reporting in, well your a bit slow we have 6 foot bamboo and we ate so much we cannot get to the leaves any more .Olive tree gets the same treatment as well.
It is the only food growing in the land of Penelope and Red.
On the news front some of my friends went missing over the last month and waiting for a message . evil and Pom Pom are being spoiled and I do an inspection on their treatment as often as I can . Restricted visiting and have made a complaint to the big house collective to do something about it as totally unfair possible torture to our members .I watch the goings on with the big boys that seem to be chasing each other and the hand that feeds them . Don`t bother me though . Lots of sun bathing and Litalhen has decided to go broody and I watch over her . hand that feeds us keeps taking her eggs even though she complains all the time .
The new gals are having handbags with each other (over my attentions I think )
Sun bathing in the lovely weather last few days and plenty of food about.
hope all are well from the Flock of Penelope and Red
champ
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Well we have no cunning plans, no newbies and not a lot of news so why am i putting claw to ipad you may ask? Well i have a lot of room in the bedroom as Echo,Delta,Charlie and Audrey have all taken to sleeping in the bedroom area. I am not sure how the others are not being suffocated with Audrey in with them, sensibly I am quite happy in my nice big wide space, sensibly is not a word to describe Blue who is only not squashed in with the others as they wont let her in with them. Our mum was going to buy a mini last week , she missed out but I wonder if she had if the others would have tried how many hens can you get in one.
Of course this means I have the bottom of our order sharing my space but as it is rather big so I am not too bothered. Now Blue is watching me type this hoping I will drop off and she can emulate our ancestor known as The Pinkerton who used to do undercover reports which were not always very diplomatic when it came to talking about the then THAA.
We do tend to feel a distance from the bonzai banshees who are apparently also Pink Ladies probably because when anytime we do mix when, mum has been rather careless and left their door open, Dottie who is the THAA in a majority of two becomes unbelievably vocal and will fight with anyone who comes close to her. We do feel rather sorry for Lottie who today could not sit up all day. At first we thought she was just a lazy girl but she has been doing this so much we have come to realise she is what mum calls a special girl. Echo was extremely vocal with jealousy when mum took Lottie outside on the grass until I pointed out what would Echo do with herself all day if she couldnt leap up on all the containers(especially when her feet are at their muddiest) bound on top of our bedroom to rearrange anything that mum may be keeping safe on top or racing Blue to the front door to push herself out in a bid to escape.
Charlie is still moulting, been going on for ages, she look so raggedy.
I have had the indignity to be picked up and had my behind feathers pulled at and cut at! It is a good job I am very fully feathered in that place as I do not want to be showing off a bare on like THAA of the Peds.Honestly I cannot understand anyone with the responsibilty our position demands going around like that!
Talking of the Peds, Rita has given up on trying to win over the small fluffy boy and has had last laid an egg which has pleased her daddy no end. She was in danger as losing it and her daddy never knowing as our mum spied it first and was so tempted to have a blue egg for the first time since we lost our woo Fay. I suppose guilt got the better of her.
Jen and Nancy have been looking into The Mystical Ped archives kept by the Mystical Silkiebabe which has she lived for 1000 years contain the doings and not dones of The Pink Ladies. Jen tells me the wise and active Deirdre, bit confused because she nearly always had SIC after her name in her writings, was a strong campaigner for the celebration of The Eggs. Not got much out of Jen as I am thinking there may be some sort of egg competion which could result in a competion with us? so is it how many eggs can we lay, how many we can withhold? ooh speaking of eggs mum gave us hard boiled eggs last week which were so scrumptious. Apparently we have all been laying so many there were lots to spare so if this season of the egg is not laying that wouldn;t be much of a plan. Its funny when we lay we dont fancy our eggs at all , Charlie worries that a baby chick may be inside bless her, must have along talk with her some time when i can be bothered. Speaking of which +f+ Champ I hear your daddy is looking to rehome you in a big field miles away so before you can be sent away perhaps you could find a satnav on you phone and get yourself down here and make Charlie's dream come true?
Right doze time now, tough being in total charge all the time
Veronica Belle
Ronnie to my friends
The Pink Ladies
>ch<