The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by sandy »

At last i have the thingy to reach out to all henpals...oops forgot(sorry Gwen)
Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello boys +f+
Just lately mum has been coming down with her thingy and playing it while she waits for us lot to go to bed as she comes down far too early for us to retire to put the bonzai banshees to bed. They obviously need more beauty sleep than is although it has to be said Lottie has become diva number one and now expects to be placed in her bedroom!
Audrey and I are the late night stop outs, its really good its Audrey as me being bossed about about all and sundry Audrey does surprise me by being a little scared of little me when she isnt scared of anyone else, bar Ronnie of course. So she makes a good stayer upper to see what mealworms have been missed. We have the added luxury of watching tv while mum waits for us and the even later stayer uppers The Peds who squabble like chicks every night except Rita who is a Woooooo who waits on the chair for our mum to pick her up give her a kiss and a cuddle which i never want her to do to me! I know all about picking you up, first its cuddles then kisses then you either get a finger where i cannot say on this diary or your beak yanked open and goo shoved in it yike*
We had a lovely Easter , we didnt do anything for this henny time but we did eat a lot of lovely treats, for which we have to thank Ronnie and Echo for as they had to put up with eating goo so mum wouldnt sell their eggs so they got hardened to absolute deliciousness , all 32 of them (as sometimes mum couldnt work out who had laid which egg) which we scoffed down, far better than the poo coloured eggs mum had to eat!
We understand, well i have been doing my Pinkerton duties, mum is going to visit you Dory so we may have to hide a secret message in her bag to send you athough we are not sure how we can write it as we think mum would smell poo notes >coc< There is also a rumour mum may be visiting Bill so we are scratching about trying to work out how we can take selfies on our thingy for mum to take to him.
Well all this thinking has finally warn me out and Audrey is heading up bedroom so i need to beat her up the steps as Audrey is BIG and as bottom girl i think i may be ovetaxing my birdbrain.
Night night
Blue
Pink Ladies
>ch<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Morning henpals, Factual Investigator Dory Grey here )wav(

SHOCKING news Henpals! I was nearly hennapped on Saturday!! yike* There I was, calmly eating mealworms from between the feet of someone I thought was the Pink Mummy, when suddenly I was grabbed and yanked from the garden and into the house! I just know the nefarious hennapping person was on her way to shove me in a box and drive off with me, but unfortunately for the hennapper - and very fortunately for me - mum was in the kitchen and stopped the Pink Impostor in her tracks. Mum had to calm me down with raisins.

Now I know from reading the Pink Ladies diary that the Pink Mummy only kidnapps the peds, and then only to take them to the vets, so I am almost 100000000% positive that this can't have been the Pink Mummy and that's a fact henpals!

And to think that the Pink Hennapper had been drinking tea from the mug with me on it only moments earlier! Perhaps this is where she got the idea from...

I was so traumatised by all this, that mum gave me a calming packet of crisps and then a sweetcorn cob to chew on.

Pokey is complaining that nobody tried to hennap her. As if. She's just a Ginja Ninja and doesn't lay special blue eggs like I do, and that's two more facts henpals!

Dory Grey
Safe and unhennapped - for now! yike*
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , on behalf of the the hens under the protection of the Great One eye jack , all hail the hero of the flock of Penelope and Red ,founder members , We are being imprisoned before dark and not let loose till well after sunrise.
This morning we as a collective prized open the barrier cooping us up. We are being punished because our Protector is calling for our breakfast and no reply from the hand that pokes through the door.
We need feeding early ,We march up and down protesting and calling for help from the neighbors near by. The local no bears join in and we need action . The barrier needs removing , suggestions please by pigeon post asap.
Hens that Jack has a eye on...
Penelope and Reds Flock followers.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
First off , Jack and flock we need to see the layout of your accomodation before we can come up with a plan of the removal of your barrier, we suggest our mummy pays you a visit, we know she will take lots of photos which we can easily download on our communication thingy, this will then be our blueprint for action strategies(I am writing down what Ronnie is saying) well now she has gone off to bed , not with us anymore i might add which is good news as it is HOT HOT HOT and one less enormous girl makes it more comfortable in bed, It would have been even better if mum hadnt told Audrey she could not sleep on the bench where she had settled herself and plonked her back in with us.
Dory you are WRONG that was our mummy who tried to hennap you, i expect it is only because you lay blue eggs , I would have loved you to come cause you have a great wig but not sure we need another top hen and all!
I was hoping to type this up in the cool air but mum has plonked me in bed having to shove Audrey along and now she has shut the door! We have had a lot going on in both our house and the Peds, poor Jen has been unable to communicate for awhile so when we are going to have to think of a way to smuggle our thingy into her. The Peds as you know(you do all read our mummy and daddy diaries of course even though it is strictly forbidden +f+ ) have had very sad times. The loss of the lovely Rita ( who we know was mum's favourite girl as they used to have nightly chats and cuddles) and little lad Rocky have gone over the rainbow bridge {cry} The garden sounds so quiet without him crowing.
We have also had some feathery moments, Ronnie was most unwell for a few days she kept going to bed, not here bed but Dottie's and she wasnt broody. Mum was quite concerned so she told her she was going to take her to the vets yike* Later on the vet day Echo was stood about wings down and head down and eyes closed, mum thought she had egg problems so popped her in the corner away from us and then Delta did the same! Delta breathes very funny like, you can see her nostrils going in and out. Anyhow when mum came down with the cage case Ronnie was dustbathing, jumped up and started stuffing her face while Delta and Echo were still unwell so she took those two instead and being as the two of them make one Ronnie they went together.
We were left wondering if they would return, I love them both even though they boss me around and Echo is my late night companion but I could tell Dottie was smirking when Echo was packed up as Echo is particularly nasty to her. While we waited I stuffed my face with as much food as possible as I was temporarily number 5 though i do really like being number 7 as i have read Gwen used to sign off as 007.
Finally home they both came, Delta apparently has sinus problems and unless it causes more problems best to leave her be, apparently no egg was brewing she was just having a moment earlier. Echo had no egg brewing either though have to say like mum i was convinced she was , she has a virus so she is getting gooey banana smelly stuff down her throat. When mum gives her her meds Dottie of course makes sure she is sat gloating!
Echo is much better but not fully recovered as she has stopped staying up late with me, staying up late is great, i got corned beef one night, salmon stuff the next and tonight the end of a chewy beef stick
Our other news as i expect you have guessed from my writings is Dottie has been released and is one of the gang, at first all of us had a go at her, Delta and Charlie soon backed off and i now have to watch my stuff as when she puffs herself up she is a little spitfire, only Ronnie and Echo are able to put her in her place. She was this thingy one night she said as she wishes to send a letter to Lottie who i am sure she still misses.
Well i think that is all our news upto date........
Hope all of you are okay, ooh make sure you apnt a lot and stick your wings out we got a lovely big watery melon today.
Blue
007 of The Pink Ladies
>ch<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Darling Lottie

Please excuse my writing as i am doing this in a cramped bedroom, of all my sisters to bunk in with me it had to be Ronnie, big Ronnie!
OOh I do miss you twinnie {hug&kiss} I hear you are having a lovely pampered life with the girls of Chickenopoulis even though your sole purpose of keeping Gibby company has not really worked out. I have seen photos of Bill +f+ whew what a stunner, even if you cant go on a date with him at least you have some eye candy.
When you left me all on my lonesome mum was a bit worried about me, she tried letting me mix with the others a few times but it usually ended in disaster. As you know I am a feisty girl as most of us of a diminutive stature need to be but i couldnt take on two giants and four raptors all on my own. It took a sad day with the passing of Rita for mum to come and spend the day with us . As she was going to be in with us for ages she opened all the doors so naturally the others were soon in our run to explore. i did my best to stay top hen and all , as of course i have always been, well top hen in a group of 2, but Ronnie was too big and heavy. Ronnie stood on me and pecked me and walked off, whew thank goodness she has a good nature. I had no problem with too nice for her own good Audrey who could smother me if she was so inclined. The raptors were a bit harder, they all tried it on at first but i soon wheedled out who i could over throw. Blue is the bottom of the pile girl so after her trying to terroise me i soon got her under control. Delta and Charlie were obvioulsy putting on an act as they are two sofites but Echo lives upto the raptor tag! i just avoid her when food is concerned but we are okay when chilling and preening. This week i have to admit Lottie i have taken some pleasure in the fact she has been under the weather and had to have medicine so i have had a break from her shenanigans.
Anyhow Lottie i do miss you terribly
You have a nice time and look after those little legs. I read you are going to be boarding with Dory and her gang so i hope you have a lovely time with them and get Pokey to report on here how you get on.
Goodnight for now Lotus Blossom
Your always loving Dorothy Lamour
xxxxx

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Dear Dottie )wav(
I'm glad you've got some new mates, but dont forget to growl at them sometimes to remind them you are part of the fiesty littluns! I growl at Poppy every day! rarrr! Bill is very impressed because he does his best dance for me every morning. I may be in my own seperate living quarters but I think I'm probably secretly top hen here!
My Legs are very annoying, they keep making me trip over so I lay down alot. Every time I get comfy aunty comes & picks me up & makes me stand by my food bowl and tells me to eat my food. Why would I want to eat boring chicken food when I can wait a bit and get grapes and rose petals and peas and dandelion leaves and and... )eat(
Time to have a snooze now, bye comrade fiesty littlun
Lottie >ch<
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Evening henpals, Dory Grey here )wav(

Firstly, apologies for our radio silence over all these long months. It's been a busy summer of intensive chickening, and of course with me and Pokey having to beat order and discipline into our 2 new uppity upstarts - it don't half take it out of a body and that's a fact henpals!

Pokey and I have been intensively observing the ants nest that lives under our top patio. We don't want the ants, horrible little bitey itchy scratchy things they are. No, we want the big flying ants that taste delicious and are full of protein and vitamins and that's a fact henpals! Me and Pokey need all the vitamins and protein we can get, as being top hen and deputy uses up a lot of caleries - I did some intensive investigation and I need to set some caleries aside for when I start moulting, otherwise I run the very real risk of losing my fuller Woo figure and that would be an awful fact henpals! yike*

We have a visitor. She's another grey, like me, buit that's where the comparison ends henpals. She is teeny tiny but my goodness, the language and attitude! Shocking henpals! Willow ventured over to say hello, as you do when brought up proper, and the little grey thing reared up, fluffed up her feathers and said "Oy, ginge! Think you're hard enough?" Will ran away squealing. To be fair it doesn't take much to make Will squeal, but even so!

Mango is the grey one's arch enemy. Every time she comes near, the mini grey screeches, "Got me eye on you, fatso! I'll have you!" Mango is rather a stocky girl but really, is there any need for that? Admittedly Mango has been trying to nick the little devil's garvos (who wouldn't??) but really. She spends most of her time growling at us, "I'll have you all! Bring it on!"

We're all giving her a VERY wide berth. She's taken possession of our run! We can't even go near our own feeders - she shouts "Oi you lot. Them's my pellets." And then she swears at us henpals! yike*

Henpals, be on red alert in case one turns up at your flock!

Dory Grey
Sleeping with one eye open
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post card from the sea side .

Wish you was here , (and not us)
We have new friends , long legged and have lost weight , always sticking there noses against our wire.
Lots of handsome boys to watch. Their girl friend are jealous and always telling to stop looking .
We get a visit now and again which we look forward to as treats are always in plenty .
we have small humans looking after us which spoil some of us .
The sea air is doing us wonders . ot sure if we are at a health farm .
Waiting for the holiday to finish and see our (Well rumor has it ) new des. res.
Hope all are well.
Desmond / Jack and the flock of Penelope and Red.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals, Willow here signing in for the first time )wav(

Well first of all, we wish we was on holiday with all the boys and the lovely sea air as well, even though non of us know what the sea air is. We all agree we could do with a few wonders doing to us too - it's been a long hot summer especially for me and Mango an we need a couple of weeks to jus chill an everyfing.

Times Is Ard for me especialy, as BottomHenAnAll in the flock of the Revlootion. Pokey is right right pecky and to be honest henpals is right right terrifying, always chasing me round an away. Mango, rotten thing that she is, also gangs up on me in a desprit attempt to Curry Favour and clor her way up the peckin order, but she's still only one ahead of me so yah boo sucks to her!

Dory Grey, TopHenAnAll, is the only one who is Vaguely Nice to me an that's only when treats and Noms aren't around. When they are, it's every Raptor for themselves.

We ave been having Intensive Debates about the Revlootion, and we have made a Momentous Decision, the honor of which falls to me to be Declaimin It. We as decided that, since we aren't really living up to our Revlootion tag, we as decided to - and with great Seriousness an Deliberation - change the name of our flok. We will now like to be known as the Ginger Ninjas, cos this is much more like what we are.

Dory said that she might not be Ginger, but she is All Ninja.

We had a very terrifying visiter a few weeks ago henpals (my she was Feisty!) but we hear that sadly her sister Dotty has unexpectedly crossed the Rainbow Bridge, with henpal companion Echo to keep her company. On behalf of the Ginger Ninjas may I pass on our Deepest Condolences to their flock. In tribute, we will suspend Ninjaing for a whole day. {hug}

That is all from me for now henpals, all this writing as right tired out my clores so I'm signing off

Willow
I ninja in my sleep, I am That Committed!
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello dear boys +f+
OOh i am so sorry to hear Jack and Desmond are no longer with their girls {cry} i hope they have good lifes without their daddy able to look after them, and we hope red leg ring gets better soon and her daddy gives her a name!
We have had such sadness here, diva Dottie may have given me a hard time but she was my little diva and i miss her terribly. We also lost my lovely feisty fellow battie girl Echo whos loss really threw me {cry}

Willow, so good to see a bottom girlie getting her hands on the communication apparatus, I would say from one bottom girl to another but that is no longer my status! Yes henpals i am now lording it over five new uppity upstarts who mum brought home unexpectantly as they were leftovers. I dont know if they were destined for someones dinner and they had eaten too much so i have got some sympathy for them as us henpals never wish that on any of us but i was put out that we had another 5 mouths to share our treats. The first night they came mum opened up the cottage where none of us have ever slept as its not posh and pink or gorgeous and green like our bedrooms are so that was a blessing. I needed a bit of time to swat up on our diary to read how to deal with uppity upstarts from the writings of Gwen of all hens and knowing there would be a period of seperation i would be well versed before mum let them loose with us. Horrors , the very next day mum opened all the doors and brought the small girl who likes to try and pick us up from time to time and let the UU out with us. Mum and the girl spent all morning yelling and pushing us away as we quite rightly too great offence when they attempted to eat our food and drink our water. What was mum thinking of? i had mastered the moves of advoidnance of bossy girls but not sure how to dish it out .
and now my thingy is flashing red so no battery }hairout{ i shall continue tomorrow.....
Blue

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

continued
I have put my stamp on the green bedroom, i know Dottie would have left me here old bedroom, before the intruders Audrey would come in with me but she has moved to the cube since. I sit in there in the middle guarding my space and repelling anyone of the UU's who dare attempt to bunk up with me. I get the bed all to myself for a whole ten minutes or so as mum retrieves Blossom and Lauren-Bacall from the table they sit on and pops them in with me, of course i growl at them which is what a higher up hen should do but mum shouts at me and just shows me up.
Blossom is very raggedy, she has no feathers down her crop, I like chasing her so i can see what she looks like if I remove the rest of her feathers. Lauren-Bacall looks a bit like Delta with her white back feathers. Becky has white tufts over her back , she put herself to bed in the corner behind the cube every night until she got fed up with mum moving her and now she gets in the cube on her own. Merle-Oberon is two toned, mum says she looks the spit of Deirdre who i know was a very intelligent girl from the chronicles of Mystical Silkiebabe is the loner, she gets herself to bed on the log until mum pops her in the cube as well. She is very scared of me although i am not keen on getting too close to her anyway as she dribbles a lot like Ruby used to do, mum is always picking her up and rubbing her crop. When mum picks me up it is usually to tell me off which is most unfair, ive done my time being chased, well Delta and Charlie still chase me (Ronnie of course dosent need to chase she just gives you that look) after all i am only following the tatics of Gwen of all hens and keeping my new sisters fit.Bunty is the other UU she had a very nasty beak, all twisted and she took ages to eat but she has the nounce to get in the cube every night. Rons,Auds,Delta and Chas all sleep in the nestbox area so the UU's are not crowding them.
I was quite happy when mum took Bunty off in a box, one less for treats, but she came back with a nicely filed beak and now eats very well.
Infact mum took me and Audrey for a ride a few weeks ago, Auds was limping and as i had never been for a ride mum said i could go to see if i had mites on me as a representative for us all. I had never been to the big shiny place before, there was music, cats purring and dogs barking but they couldnt get me because i was sat up high on a shelf safely in my cage, although being in a cage was a bit scary remembering the old days {cry} . A nice lady came and told us the vet was running late, i hoped he wasnt going to be too tired and not concentrate with all that exercise, mum then gave us the ultimate treat, a FATBALL, i think that was because it was the only thing in the place we could eat. Auds i had decided to keep this treat a secret, my was it tasty.
I will get back to you but my claw is cramping , what being swamped by these two in here with me...
see you tomorrow henpals
Blue

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
we had a lovely time today, lots of treats and mum in with us for hours , she took lots of photos , cleaned us out,(well not us our bedrooms) then settled down with a buglight drink which she refused to share , apparently it would make me loopy! I reckon Charlie and Becky must have had some as Charlie was taking food out of Merle's beak and Becky wouldnt leave MY mum alone! Honestly just because i dont fancy sitting on mum's lap (why would i unless she had treats ) it really is not on her barging her way in. I must revisit the Gwen turfing off Beth photos I suppose but ive been too busy especially at night. I have started sitting in the middle of my bedroom but mum still puts Blossom and Lauren in with me despite me doing my chillingly scary growl. Last night i had the affrontery of having not only Lauren but instead of Blossom I had bottom girl Merle in with me as Blossom had gone to sleep on the big perch . She was joined by Audrey who is going through a very large moult which is obviously affecting her pecking order decorum!
I am sorry to hear you are under the weather Bill +f+ we all send you best wishes xxxxxx
I have had no time with any revolution plans at the moment Willow what with tons of exercise keeping uu's in order , it is something i will have to put my mind to when we get to sleep longer ....its our Ronnie's birthday tomorrow so looking forward to lots of goodies, just hope mum dosent bring home anymore uu's >ch<
Blue
The Pink Ladies

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

A message from Desmond/ Jack .
Be careful what you plan as it may happen .
We escaped and now bottom of the boys pecking order , no girl hens and roughing it in sheds with large no bears that are not even no bears . HUGE .
More messages from air that smells salty .
Desmond and Jack Ex and homeless .........
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpal )wav(
Hello boys +f+
Well this will be quick as it is SO crowded in here. i really think i should go back to the green bedroom , even though it is going to be icy waters tonight there is no danger we will get cold with 8 of us in here.
Our big news is we have a new THAA, no not a newbie that mum has foisted on us or snuck in , one of our own...the big softie Audrey >coc<
There may be two reason for this, one Ronnie went all ex bat and struck the turkey pose which was rather dangerous as we know from the henpals diary that turkeys stay up the big house which the henpals thought was wonderful until they discovered they had to live in a cold freezer!
Second reason my comb is a bit scruffy(UU Becky and I have been trying to look like twins to deceive mum) and my energy levels have become a bit low and i havent been ar**** to annoy Audrey lately.
Anyhow thought i best send an update as soon it will be time to get our henpal hats on so we can think up cunning ways to ensure we get plenty of xmassy presents this year...apparently this is very important
But my hat is off at the moment(too hot for a hat in here tonight anyway) but i would love to hear if any of you have any plans ?
Night night
Blue
The Pink Ladies

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

A special message ....
An original henpal is still with us....
Wiggy of Woosworth, formerly known as Private Wiggy )b(
The original henpals made mincemeat of Mrs Tweedy;s words...they are not organised
They had captains, privates, members of the SIC and they attempted to outwit both Freda, their mummies and most importantly uppity upstarts....
We know the magical Wiggy has the power of the Woo but she is understandably an old bird now(no offence intended) but we would love some tips on how we actually do get organised when she feels stronger....
All hail Wiggy Woo
Blue..Pink Ladies Division
Jen(the hen) The Peds Division