Ambers diary.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Ambers diary.

Post by sandy »

Huge big >fi< to Mollie, it maybe she has a bit of an infection and hopefully the baytril will sort it out. Vets very rarely give baytril anymore, not sure why but when my Gwen was sick a week after rescue and I really feared the worse for her she picked up marvellously and went on for another 2 years. Recently i saw a different vet and he gave Ronnie baytril, I really think it is the best rather than all these new ones they keep trying. So come on Mollie girlie {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

So sorry to hear it's not good news with Mollie {cry} She may pick up with the baytril and have some more time with you but you will know when she's had enough. Let's hope the baytril does its job >fi<

Sandy, vets are reluctant to prescribe baytril these days because of antibiotic resistance in humans. Perhaps not enough people have been observing the egg withdrawal rule, and bacteria as we know are becoming increasingly resistant to abs without us finding new abs to counteract. It doesn't seem to be an issue with tylan - yet.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Poor Mollie. It does sound like she is feeling awful. I do hope the Baytril does the trick and that the painkiller will make her feel less terrible in the meantime >fi<
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Thank you Karen and Henpen.
She is out in the garden sunbathing with the others this afternoon. She has eaten a few meal worms but turned her beak up at the sweetcorn. Her poos are not good as she isn't eating at lot. I will just have to wait and see.
Amber.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi ,its hard I know.
Hope it all ends well.
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

How is Mollie doing Amber?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.
Mollie seems nearly back to her old self albeit a little slower. She also goes to bed before any of the others but at least she is eating now. Lola has started to pick on her a bit so i will have to keep my eye on her. Mollie is 2nd in the pecking order with Lola 3rd, so i think she is try her wing to move up a spot. {warn}
All the others are fine and have been loose in the garden for most of the days enjoying the sun and generally being chickens.
I hope you and your girls are well.
Amber.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all.
It has been a while since i have given an update so here goes.
Lola has finally made top hen but at the moment she is a bit off colour with a dirty bottom. I found a lash in the coop this morning and i sure it is hers so i will keep a close eye on her.
Mollie is good and is doing well, she has a nice shine to her feathers and feels quite heavy.
Pippa has dropped down the pecking order to 3rd now but she seems happy enough.
Roxy has befriended Lola so is around 2nd in command with poor old Rosie still at the bottom, she is a fiesty little thing and nothing seems to faze her.
They are all eating well and enjoying the sun and the lighter evenings. I think Roxy and Lola have started to lay again now the days are a bit longer. I don't think Mollie will lay anymore as she is getting on now. I am just waiting for Rosie and Pippa to start again.
I hope you and yours are all well.
Sorry to read of your losses Bob, {hug}
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Nice to hear from you Amber and very glad that everyone seems to be doing well at your end.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Amber , thanks hard times at the Flock of Penelope and Red.
Wishing you all well.
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning All.
Lola went to the vet yesterday as she woke up with a pale face and comb and just stood around feeling unwell. She has EYP and has been put on pain killers and antibiotics. I hope i have caught it in time.
After her medicine this morning she ate quite a bit of sweetcorn so fingers crossed.
Its might fault for thinking that they hadn't been ill for a while }hairout{ .
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

How is Lola getting on Amber? and NO NO NO it is certainly not your fault {hug}

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.
Lola has finished her antibiotics and seems to be feeling better she is eating on her own now. I bought some maggots for them and she wolfed a good bowlful down. I think i have caught it in time.
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So glad Lola is doing well and long may it continue. I have a massive fear of EYP as I have lost a few girls in the past. My Violet is laying softies at the moment,, but I always think as long as they get it out of them they seem to be OK. I hope the antibiotics have done the trick and I hope Lola makes a speedy recovery.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , always love good news especially from you and your flock .
Wishing you well and and have to visit sometime .
Bob
(You are nearer than Sandy )