Ambers diary.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Ambers diary.

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Oh Amber the amount of times that has happened to me. I have the same problem with my run roof. The water pools on the top and I lift the roof to get rid of the water and always, without fail, water goes all down my back. I also wear the same "uniform" - nightie with jumper over and then coat and of course wellies. This chicken keeping lark can be very messy and cold and wet and muddy - we must be mad - but I love it!!

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hey Amber, how are you and the girls doing?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Sorry have been a bit lax with the diary as of late.
The girls all seem fine and are eating and drinking well. The OH and myself were in the garden at 6am this morning trying to hang on and re fix the tarps on the run as the bad wind had ripped the edging where the eyelets are and they were flapping all over the place. Its a temporary repair but seems to be holding for the time being.
Hope every one is well. I will update more later.
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Nice to hear from you Amber. Glad that your girls are doing well. Out at 6:00 am that really is dedicated chicken keeping for you. The lengths we go to to look after our girls, eh!!
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Amber I hope the tarps are holding well. It is quite nice to have the cold weather instead of the wind and rain isnt it, as long as the waters stay unfrozen of course xxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy , Thought I would let you know , I have the potential of getting 7 (seven ) new girls on Sat , seems there are more girls needing homes that takers .
Would have a few more but got to keep a slot for March.
I think my thread is being read and message passing over to SHMBO whom then is asking silly questions like `HOW MANY CHOCKS HAVE I GOT`.
Interesting times again ahead.
Least they will not get bullied to much as a flock of there own. Maybe a new boy can take them under his wing.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Amber ....
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hi Bob.
Things going ok at the moment. Many thanks re the discussion with Sandy.
I will be in contact with Sandy to give enough notice re the girls.
I am hoping to find some more answers by the end of next week.
I hope all this makes sense.
Many thanks.
Amber.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

You stay good and fret not all in hand . Must visit you soon and have a coffee.
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Thank you Bob.
Amber.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi 7 new girls from Hen Trust today 11.30am ....
More in March on re homing .
Busy times .
Trust hens asked to have more to save chicken nuggets..
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all.
I hope you are all well and are starting to thaw out.
I am sorry to hear that you have broken your wrist Sandy, it always makes things twice as difficult when you have to do things one handed especially in this weather. Take care.
I think Pippa has started to moult, only the odd feather now and again but she must be sore as she is keeping her distance from the other girls when they are kicking around after the corn.
Even in this weather 3 of the girls try and roost on top of the coop instead of going in. I am not chancing going down in the morning to find 3 frozen solid girls, so they are manually put in and tucked up each night. After a few minutes of verbal abuse from them they soon settle down.
The snow had settled on the roof of the run and made it quite dark in there so the egg tally had gone down a bit. The snow has now cleared so should be a lot lighter and better for them.
I'm off to give them a good clean out now before the rain that has been forecast arrives.
Stay safe and warm.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi Amber )wav( Poor Pippa, why do they feel the need to moult in this weather? You are making me feel very guilty! I left Audrey and Fay outside on their perch in minus 5 :oops: I did try moving them in but as not able to scoop them up as I can the Ped girls as their perch is so high I left them and luckily they are fine.
Wrist really annoying but not stopping me from looking after the flocks (except the situation just said) just takes a bit, okay a lot longer.
Will post more soon but typing with one finger is a bit slow.
Take care everyone {hug&kiss}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hi Amber

Good to hear the girls are well. I hope Pippa doesn't suffer too much with her moult. Tiddly is having a long slow moult and is thoroughly miserable!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all.
I was going to do some jobs in the garden and let the girls out for a bit of free ranging but it has now started to rain so that has stopped my plan. The girls haven't free ranged for a while because as soon as they are out they have ruined the garden in a mater of minutes by digging holes in the lawn and digging up all the bulbs and new plants. It is not so bad when i can be with them to keep an eye but i have not had a lot of time at the moment. They don't seem to bothered staying in the run it is just me feeling guilty.
Pippa is still moulting very slowly, one feather a day!
The lighter days have increased the egg tally and i have been getting 5 eggs from 5 girls a few days a week, even Mollie, i thought she had given up laying. Its a shame though as the medical treatment i am on has put me right off of eating eggs but at least everyone else is gaining.
How is your wrist healing Sandy? Hopefully you should be free of the cast soon.
Sorry to hear Chocolate is poorly Bob, but she is in the best hands with you.
I hope you and yours are all well.
Amber.