Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Blind Giblet & friends at Chickenopolous

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Sorry to hear Giblet is not doing too well at the moment. I do hope she makes a full and speedy recovery from this soft egg issue. Sending her (and you) best wishes.

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Sadly Giblet is spending her last days in a warm box in my conservatory. nearly 9 years ago a dear but confused little chick arrived, I love reading back on her story
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39966&hilit=+giblet
now it is drawing to an end.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

What a wonderful story it is to and what a lucky girl to have someone like you to care for her so well her whole life.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Goodness that all takes me back and the lovely people who used to be on here too {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hope she is well and i know you are looking after as best you can .
Be a very sad day on the forum when the sad day comes , she is and has had a lucky landing when she came to you.
XXXXXXXXX
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Giblet is still here, but is going to the vets tomorrow for her final journey. I so hoped she would drift away at home but its taking too long. She wont eat & is slowly starving herself. Right now she is lying across me, sleeping in a cuddle, same as every evening this week, but this is the last time. {cry}
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Bless her she's snoring
--Immanuel Kant
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Oh my goodness so sorry to hear this. There are times when we all have to make this awful decision, but we have got to do what is right for our animals, as you already know as you are doing it. Not only do we get attached to our own animals being part of this forum I get attached to everyone elses and I can feel the tears coming. I am thinking of you (and Giblet). xxxx
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Giblet has made a sudden, last minute bid for survival. This morning she started eating again! Just a little bit, then a bit more a couple of hours later. I've cancelled the vet appt, & now I'll see what happens in the next few days >shrug<
--Immanuel Kant
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Oh gosh! What a roller coaster. I have loved following Giblet's story and have everything crossed for her. >fi<
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

At the moment Giblet is back in her run, eating l/mash mixed with vitamin water. She looks rather small & frail, her poops are still watery & green, her voice is a bit sad & she really would like cuddling most of the time. But she's still here & she's managing ok for now (with a heat pad in her coop). How many lives does a little, blind, "special" chicken have?
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Just a quick update. Dear Giblet is now seemingly recovered & enjoying the sunshine, poops normal, still a bit thin but getting there. )c(
I hope she doesnt try to lay any more eggs! perhaps she'll make it to 10 y/o
--Immanuel Kant
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

That is brilliant news, thanks for sharing. Bless her and you. {hug} {hug&kiss}
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

That is fantastic news. Let's hope she enjoys many many more sunshine days. Your loving care of her is obviously shining through.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hope she is well and you to.
Bob