Marigold

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Marigold

Post by amber66 »

Hello Hen pals, Lily signing in.
Would all the hen pals send their special get well vibes to our comrade Marigold as she is a very poorly girl and mum is very worried about her.
Her comb is looking a bit blue now and she has not eaten all day. She has had a drink of her special medicine water but when mum picked her up she started to be sick and brought it all up again and sounded like she was very chesty.
Lily signing out for now.
>fi< >fi< for Marigold.

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Marigold

Post by KarenE »

Hello Lily

Of course we will all send our henpal wishes to Marigold. Marigold sounds like she is very poorly an all, and we are all very sorry to hear of a henpal who is not feeling at her tip-top best {cry}

{hug} to you all and of course to Marigold's mummy wot we assume is also full of worry about Marigold an all

I will put a Henpal Command order out to all floks to send best henpal vibes across to her

Major Remie, Dory Grey, Chestnut and Tiddly Diddly
>fi< >fi< for Marigold
Come on Marigold!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lily, all The Pink Ladies and The Ped Girls are sending our strongest get well wishes to Marigold >fi<
We hope she will soon be very well and our mum will also want to send lots of {hug} to your mummy as she knows she will be full of worries
Cadet Haze
xxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi, hope she gets better very soon ,
XX
Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Henpals and Mummies and Daddies.
Thank you for your get well wishes for Marigold. I will pass them on to her and i am sure that will make her feel loads better.
Mum let her in the garden in the sunshine yesterday and we had a good chat through the wire as she is not allowed near us as she is so poorly.
She told me that she doesn't feel like eating or drinking and is all puffed up. Mum also syringed some of the medicine water down her beak as she is so worried but when mum picked her up the water came back up and she started to choke. She said mum tipped her up side down until it stopped but she still sounds a bit gurggley.
Please keep sending the get well vibes as i am sure she really needs them.
Signing out Lily.
>fi<
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

How is Marigold doing Amber?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.
I made the dreaded phone call to the vets Monday morning. The appointment was made for 11.50am. I think she must of heard me as she started to eat a bit of cucumber and drink her water so i cancelled the appointment.
Yesterday morning she was back to not eating again so i made another appointment just to get her checked out as i don't want her to suffer and again about an hour before we were due to go she polished off 2 halves of a corn on the cob.
The vet checked her over and said her crop had food in it, her temperature was down and he could not hear breathing sounds so her air sacs were ok.
She has not touched any food today as yet, not even the corn but i am hopeful even though she is not out of the woods yet. (fingers crossed). >fi<
Amber.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi ,what is going on with our girls .

Bob
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Bob.
They are out to worry us silly and break the bank balance.
I have spent a lot of time at the vets either with the chickens or dogs over the last week!
Amber.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , Trouble is a lot to spend ......
No car driving so its all a pain to get anywhere . Dont like asking others to do my jobs.
Still needs must .
Do you have a vet retailer or a lone organisation.
It seems prices are not standard . Also they charge smaller ammounts for a chicken (value to worth? ) . I suppose if no competion then the rates go up also.
No way 2 dogs ,3 cats , 43 chickens , fish? can be insured ,cost more than the vet bills.
I think they appreciate the care for sure.
Hopefully the summer will make them all feel better .
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

How is Marigold today? Enquiring floks want to know
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Karen and Floks.
Your special get well vibes have worked and Marigold seems a lot better thank you.
She went out to free range with the girls yesterday. Molly doesn't take any notice of her, Lily gives her the odd peck just to remind her who is boss, but Ruby (who was bottom hen) is being a right mare towards her at times.
I put her back in the run with them for about 20 minutes yesterday evening but Marigold stayed behind the bush in the run and seemed a bit quiet, she did not want to eat the treats with the others but did eat when she came back in.
She stayed in last night but i am going to put her out free ranging in the garden again today after she has eaten her breakfast as i was a bit worried she would not get to eat yesterday but hopefully she can stay in the coop over night tonight.
Amber.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

It's good to hear she's perking up a bit )t' We'll keep sending henpal vibes to make sure

Maj Remie
From an enquiring flok
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Amber spotted you here very early on so hope Marigold is still doing well?

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.
Marigold is back to her old self thank you. It was touch and go at times but she is back with the others now. Ruby is still having the odd peck and chasing her but it seems to be improving on a daily basis.
I must admit i didn't think she would make it at times so i love just watching her being a chicken again.
Amber.