henpal parents next meet nr 3 .

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: henpal parents next meet nr 3 .

Post by kitla »

I have to admit you lot were fairly easy to spot when I got there the first time! - just looked like chicken people!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hope you all have a really lovely time. I am much too far away to make these meet ups but I look forward very much to seeing any photo's you may take. Have a lovely afternoon.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

I will be thinking of you. Have a great time and )piicy(
Amber.
HilierWard
Lively Laner

Post by HilierWard »

It is a little too far for me - googled it the other day - and with hindsight, should have popped along to the last one in the Cotswolds!

The drivers side front wheel on my car is flat as a pancake, seemingly the valve is broken and the seal on the tyre. I may also have damaged the wheel itself just in getting home last night, so I have no transport!

Hope everyone has a lovely time tomorrow :-D
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Derby isnt far for me & Karen, perhaps a peak district meetup next spring?

Have a nice time, dont eat too much cake Bob.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Lovely to meet up with Karen, Sandy and Bob yesterday. Thank you all for a lovely afternoon and for all the wonderful presents.

My dog thought the huge knitted chicken was very odd, Bob, and gave it an intensive sniff and a gentle nibble. Wiggy was still up when I got home and so I rushed in with the Garvos, Karen, and she thought it was fantastic! What a lucky hen she is. I'm gearing up to get her to write in the Henpals log book, Sandy {rofwl} - that was your award-winning photo, wasn't it?

Bob, I do hope some more cakes got eaten after I had gone, because there were so many. You are too kind and really spoiled us - also with all the chickening bits and the bananas! I shall try them out on Wigs today.

Thank you all - you are so lovely and generous and it was such a pleasure to meet you. {hug&kiss}

(Sorry about Wisley! Can't believe I didn't notice it was the Flower Show and we all had to park miles away, and then the coffee shop wasn't much to write home about. )sh)
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Still had a good time though, even with the hordes of oap bus trippers camping out and arguing on the next table (HP there was a MASSIVE domestic not long after you left). Drama. Not to mention the incessant fussing from the little old lady next to her who Sandy nearly lamped. Very short fuse, that there Sandy {rofwl}

Bet you can hear the scouse in my writing now eh?? :-D

Bob took the cakes home and I hope he got to eat them, as last time the chickens had all his apple pie when he dropped it on the floor. Bob, I think I'll make you an apple pie next time. By the way Bob, pm me your address as I'm going to send you something you desperately need for your new zealand trip.

For info here's a link on the health benefits of dried marigolds for chickens: http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2013/09/m ... s-and.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glad Wiggy liked the garvos - I thought she might )eat( And yes I think the pic was Psycho Olive.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

See, now I just want to hear about that domestic!
And I want to know why the little old lady was fussing.

It did make me chuckle when you called me HP yesterday )like(
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

HP sorry Penny :oops:
1st old lady "you have been vile towards me today'
2nd old lady …silence
1st old lady ' I don't know what your problem is you havent spoken to me'
and so on with 2nd old lady ignoring her…
3rd and 4th old lady sat by them, one of them asked what was the matter, other one said stay out of it!
Always amazes me it dosent matter how mature in ages some people are they can carry on like children who dont know better >dum<
Karen , I did lamp the old lady in my mind, I love old ladies but not particular on them when they all queue at the loos before they get back on their coaches and I want to go!
HP it didnt matter we clashed with the flower show still a lovely day. Those cakes
Bob with clack or cluck or ?
Penny,Bob and Karen and a host of hennies( the younger people who were sat on the next table previously were fascinated with our table decorations especially the singing dancing chick)
I was lucky to escape a 'glamour' shot but this is what I wore

I was surprised Bob,Karen and I were not investigated by the wisley security, we were in the field in the pouring rain well Bob off loaded strange looking plants, fruits and worms and white powder from his van to our cars {rofwl}
Lovely , lovely day and did you realise Bob and Karen it was exactly a year from our furst meet up?
Bo pm me you address too please, and Penny your mobile(thank goodness we all got htere and you werent left on your own all afternoon!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Was it really a year? I had no idea!

I'd forgotten about the dodgy dealings in the distant car park :-D good job they didn't spot the white powder!

The little old lady decided to fuss around with the chairs, moving them right behind Sandy and practically blocking her in. It's an odd sight, people in soaking rain macs eating ice cream cones while practically sitting on our knees {rofwl}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Yup, I thought the same thing as I drove home with a poo bag full of DE!! I can explain officer...

I'm sorry I missed all the drama {rofwl} it sounds like it all kicked off after I left.

I would say there's some odd folk around, but as we were sitting there with two huge knitted chooks and a singing hen, and us all talking non-stop about our chickens, with three of us armed with our chicken bags and Sandy in her brilliant Henpals T-shirt... well, I'm not sure we are in a position to judge. I wonder what they were saying about us {rofwl} {rofwl}
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Back at work. Thank you for a good day . Late as usual . Had a great time as usual . Looking forward to the next one before Xmas . Sunny Clucker is going to be well entertained with me. Glad you have not taken my singing chicken as hostage .
Thank you for the presents and you did not need to but I do enjoy opening them and wandering want they are .
Was not the powder I was worrying about but the BOXES ?????
Glad we all enjoyed the company. Made the day interesting watching the = of chicken keepers in the veg/plant world.
I write some more after I start work (make a coffee ) .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Where are my manners, Penny thankyou so much for the lovely plaque, Karen for the lovely limoncello marmo and Bob for the big black bird and the contraband )like(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Ops -... Not me officer......
Same from me for the presents , all round good day out...
Bob