Bev's Veggy Diary 2012

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Re: Bev's Veggy Diary 2012

Post by Americanlady »

Bev, all your plants look so healthy! Good job lady!

By the way, if I may ask, what happened that you hurt your back, and also how is it doing now?
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks AmLady :-D

I'll have to take some more pictures as I planted out my sweet peas at the weekend and put cane wigwams for them to grow up.

No worries about asking about my back.

I injured myself at the gym last October, whilst doing a 'kettlebell' class. It's a weight with a handle on.

I've been on constant pain since then and have only been able to get about with the help of my private physiotherapist and osteopath.

I feel very let down by the NHS. I was referred to a local physiotherapy triage centre - who stated that there was no injury or no need for any scan, or clinical intervention!!!

So fobbed off basically.

About a month ago, because the pain flared up really badly, we took the plunge and paid for a private MRI scan, which showed there is indeed injury - I've got a disc herniation to L5/S1. They used to call it a 'slipped disc' but as the discs are fluid it's more like the fluid has seeped out into the nerve {cry}

There's a whole thread dedicated to bad backs, here you go:

http://downthelane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33588

I can honestly say AmLady that I've never had anything like this before. Thanks for your concern {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Well, I sure hope you get some help. Back pain is really debilitating. I have arthritis in both hips but don't want the replacement surgery. Not always easy to deal with. What will they do about your disc. What CAN they do? Sounds serious.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks AmLady and sorry to hear about your hips, do you take anything to help with the pain?

Hopefully my disc will go back in place one day, with my regular treatments with the Osteo/Physio, exercises etc.

It's lovely and sunny here so I must get out and take some uptodate pictures of my seeds etc :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Hi, Bev. Yes, my doctor prescribes pain-killers for me, two per day. But I only take 1/2 of one before I go to bed, so I can relax and go to sleep. Honestly, I'm sort of afraid that I will become dependent on them, so just take the minimum to get through. It's okay, life never guaranteed me a rose garden. Things just take a little longer to get done. Thanks for your concern, lady.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Big {hug} Amlady {hug}

Here's my latest pictures:

Thyme, Sunflower, Spinach, Toms and either Cucumber or Courgette (zuccini)

Cucumber or courgette with lettuce

Cucumber or courgette

Spuddies

Sweetcorn and sunflower - seem happy enough together

Toms and beans

Sunflower and what were spring onions or leeks that have mysteriously disappeared!!

Petunias

Mint, corriander, thyme and sweet pea wigwams

Carrots
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I've not updated my diary for a wee while, things have come on a little bit since my last post :-D

Petunias

Sweet Peas growing nicely up the girls run

Sunflowers

Apple Trees

Beans, Toms, Sweet Peas, Courgettes, Sunflowers

Carrots

Beetroot

Aubergine

Courgette

Beans

Squash

Sweetcorn and Sunflower

Yesterday's harvest :-D
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Hooked up our first carrots the other day :-D
Bev x

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

and they're not pink Benny )run(

Going great!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

{rofwl} I'd love to grow pink veggies Richard >mmm< {rofwl} {rofwl}
Bev x