Maggies 2013 Garden Diary

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
davina112
Legendary Laner

Re: Maggies 2013 Garden Diary

Post by davina112 »

Wow Maggie things are realy moving on :-D
[center][/center]Davina
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

It al looks lovely. It's been a good year for Primroses here as well.
I wish I'd thought to put some strawberries in the greenhouse - yours will be much earlier than my outdoor ones.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Well we've had so much rain so haven't been able to get out in the garden at all. I managed to get the strimmer around the front before the rain started. As for cutting the grass that's completely out as its so wet. Got up this morning and my lovely wallflowers look so bedraggled laying on the earth as they are so wet.

Spent some time in the Polytunnel. Assembled an arch and planted sweet peas to go over it. Also planted some hanging baskets up and leaving them in the Polytunnel for a week before putting them out. Had some lovely rhubarb that I'd grown in a pot.

Carrots and peas are up but not many. Problem being it was really old seed. Re-potted the melons, sunflowers, tomatoes. Runner beans are just popping their heads through the compost.

I've also sown some cosmos and cornflowers. The strawberries in the hanging baskets are starting to show fruit, and I've still got a peach.

Hopefully the rain will go away
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

We're forecast rain for the next few days, so maybe you'll get our sunshine :-D
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I would love a stroll through your polytunnel just to see a few things showing promise, already this year I am starting to wonder if I should have bothered.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Annie wrote:I would love a stroll through your polytunnel just to see a few things showing promise, already this year I am starting to wonder if I should have bothered.

When I get 2 minutes I'll put some pickys up
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Had our 1st strawberries today, and more to come

davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Maggie, I am soooooo envious
[center][/center]Davina
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Oh my word they look lovely,and so early too. )eat(
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Haven't been on here for ages. Mainly as the yield I've had out of the garden has been zilch.

I had quite a good few pickings of gooseberries, a few raspberries and I've had some blackberries from the thornless plant. I haven't had 1 plum, cherry, apple or pear. Loads of blossom and then the winds came so result nothing. Had a good few pickings of rhubarb though.

In the Polytunnel I had loads of strawberries from the hanging baskets. However I've not had 1 runner bean from the tunnel or outside. The tomatoes have been very late but getting a fair few. The sweet peas in the tunnel have been glorious.

Meanwhile the flowers in the garden. Some are still out but the dahlias are still are looking lovely.

billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Maggie1 wrote:Haven't been on here for ages. Mainly as the yield I've had out of the garden has been zilch.

I had quite a good few pickings of gooseberries, a few raspberries and I've had some blackberries from the thornless plant. I haven't had 1 plum, cherry, apple or pear. Loads of blossom and then the winds came so result nothing. Had a good few pickings of rhubarb though.

In the Polytunnel I had loads of strawberries from the hanging baskets. However I've not had 1 runner bean from the tunnel or outside. The tomatoes have been very late but getting a fair few. The sweet peas in the tunnel have been glorious.

Meanwhile the flowers in the garden. Some are still out but the dahlias are still are looking lovely.

Hiya Maggie

Sorry to hear about your poor crops this year ,being about as far east from you as we can get weather has been hot and dry but had a fairly good year.
Glad you are ok thought it strange not seeing you on hear,must say you have lots of colour in your garden )t'
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Hello Bill, yes we are very exposed here, plus OH has had his inconvenience so a lot has been neglected. Perhaps next year.
We've been taking our son out each day and he can't believe the lovely hedgerows full of flowers he's never seen before.
I see your garden has been doing well.
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Maggie1 wrote:Hello Bill, yes we are very exposed here, plus OH has had his inconvenience so a lot has been neglected. Perhaps next year.
We've been taking our son out each day and he can't believe the lovely hedgerows full of flowers he's never seen before.
I see your garden has been doing well.

Yep not complaining Maggie , hard this year as legs playing up ,hopefully be better next year.Have had lots of blackberries this year )t'
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014