HappyBobs 2013 Dairy

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: HappyBobs 2013 Dairy

Post by Annie »

Another one with cauliflower envy - love that veg - nothing gets wasted , the hens get the greenery, the dogs get the stalks and I get the rest with cheese sauce !
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I still love your tidy allotment. Those caulis look gorgeous, you must be a very proud cauli daddy.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Annie wrote:Another one with cauliflower envy - love that veg - nothing gets wasted , the hens get the greenery, the dogs get the stalks and I get the rest with cheese sauce !

Cauli,s are one of my fav veg Annie, and I also love cauliflower cheese. But spring cabbage is my fav veg of all time, a plate of spring cabbage with mince and onion poured over it is heaven. :-D
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Mrs B wrote:I still love your tidy allotment. Those caulis look gorgeous, you must be a very proud cauli daddy.

Haha Cauli Daddy..... {rofwl} {rofwl}
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Cauliflower looks good, like you Bob, love it, have you ever had cauliflower cheese soup, its lovely, do mine in slow cooker.
So full of admiration for your allotment, it looks just so good.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

mrs boodles wrote:Cauliflower looks good, like you Bob, love it, have you ever had cauliflower cheese soup, its lovely, do mine in slow cooker.

Never had Cauli cheese soup, but it sounds as though its something I should be trying. How exactley would you go about building something like that MrsBoodles? Please
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Hi Bob,
Cauliflower cheese slow cooker soup below. (should think could easily be adapted to cooking on a hob)
serves 6

1 large head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
200g grated cheese
1 onion, diced
1.5 litres hot chicken stock
1 teaspoon english mustard
salt and pepper to taste
3 bay leaves

Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir. leave to cook for 4hrs on high or 8hrs on low.
Remove bay leaves. Blend and serve.

Don`t know if you and mrs Bob like marmite, know its a love it or hate it thing but we have the soup with a swirl of marmite on top. )eat( Hope you enjoy the soup, I love it and even hubby who is`nt a cauliflower fan loves it.
stewpot
Lively Laner

Post by stewpot »

Might have to steal that one Mrs B. Sounds lush!
"Remember as you go through life that a rich man is just a poor man with an incredible amount of money" - Smith & Jones
Stewpots DTL Allotment Diary 2013
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Thankyou for taking the time to post the recipe Mrs Boodles, I,ll get the head chef onto it :-D )t'
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

The rain today stopped me going to my garden but yesterday managed to get 26 Calabrese planted out. The soil on the new beds was very difficult to get break down to any managable condition and I was forced to get the hose pipe out to hose the clay soil down before repeatedly attacking it with my 3 prong hand tiller.

Managed another couple of hours on the chicken shed. Cleared all the back and levelled and laid a 4 mtr long roofing sheet down as fox protection and some 3 * 2 council slabs along the front.
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

HappyBob wrote:The rain today stopped me going to my garden but yesterday managed to get 26 Calabrese planted out. The soil on the new beds was very difficult to get break down to any managable condition and I was forced to get the hose pipe out to hose the clay soil down before repeatedly attacking it with my 3 prong hand tiller.

Managed another couple of hours on the chicken shed. Cleared all the back and levelled and laid a 4 mtr long roofing sheet down as fox protection and some 3 * 2 council slabs along the front.

You got to be a strong man to handle them 3x2 council slabs bob,i have a few about hear decided to leave them where i put em many years ago :oops:
Sounds like your soil can be abit heavy going ,light and sandy hear but very hungrey and soon dries out,to quick sometimes.
I have set just 10 Parsnip seeds in loo rolls and got a spot to put them see how they get on. )t'
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

billnorfolk wrote:
You got to be a strong man to handle them 3x2 council slabs bob,i have a few about hear decided to leave them where i put em many years ago

I wouldnt call myself strong Bill, more determined :-D :-D :-D although I am starting to feel my age a little and can no longer carry one under each arm like I use to )t' )t'
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Got my kale, summer cauli,s and some cabbage and a few red onion seedlings planted out today. Sown some sweet peppers and pricked out some more cape gooseberry,s. Chicken house has now got all its pavers laid to the front and two sides.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Your plot does put me to shame over my feeble efforts at veg growing.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Mrs B wrote:Your plot does put me to shame over my feeble efforts at veg growing.

Trust me its not always like that Mrs B :-D