Bills 2013 GYO Veggie Diary

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Re: Bills 2013 GYO Veggie Diary

Post by billnorfolk »

Hi there LL

As you say pretty cold now should be little warmer than this ,gone all of a sudden .Only realy the sweetcorn i am concerned about ,think you were a couple of weeks behind me in planting ,weekend wet cold and windy hear so no warm weather on the horizon,we will need to keep our fingers crossed we can get another week or 2 of warmish weather.Cleared out some of the greenhouse no sign of any more cucumbers on the melonie plants so they composted.Might hold on to the sprouts see what happens with there lace leaves }hairout{ ,beans about done so will be down soon )t'
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Those sweetcorn look fab Bill, and the rest of the produce is brill too. What I need to know you got a right corker of a leek in your avatar, do you still grow them whoppers ? And did you show 'em and win lots of prizes ?
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Ps it's piggin cold here too )gr:
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

HensAloud wrote:Those sweetcorn look fab Bill, and the rest of the produce is brill too. What I need to know you got a right corker of a leek in your avatar, do you still grow them whoppers ? And did you show 'em and win lots of prizes ?

Hiya Angela

Prizes ? na cant be bothered with all that ,i enjoy my garden and my veggies enjoy showing them off on hear ,if i help someone as we go along i enjoy that as well,but not competitions. That leek was a bit of luck planted in the right place at the right time ,had 4 like that but dug at different times,got some in there this year that will be bigish as still growing )t'
Bit better hear today dull but warmer,dont forget you want your runner beds and sweetcorn beds sorted by crimbo {warn} )w( {rofwl}

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

billnorfolk wrote:
HensAloud wrote:Those sweetcorn look fab Bill, and the rest of the produce is brill too. What I need to know you got a right corker of a leek in your avatar, do you still grow them whoppers ? And did you show 'em and win lots of prizes ?

Hiya Angela

Prizes ? na cant be bothered with all that ,i enjoy my garden and my veggies enjoy showing them off on hear ,if i help someone as we go along i enjoy that as well,but not competitions. That leek was a bit of luck planted in the right place at the right time ,had 4 like that but dug at different times,got some in there this year that will be bigish as still growing )t'
Bit better hear today dull but warmer,dont forget you want your runner beds and sweetcorn beds sorted by crimbo } )w( {rofwl}

Bill you gotta stop swearing! All that talk of Crimbo ! {rofwl} rainin again here, big promises for tomorrow though, so the weather man said so must be right ! {rofwl}
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Hope the weather man got your weather right Angela,raining all night hear and most of the morning up to now.Was planning on gathering last of me runner beans but to wet at moment ,got some footy to watch soon so probably a job for tomorrow )t'

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Good Evening Bill, it's been a bit overcast today, not what was promised. Anyhow as tomorrow looks grim we've picked all the apples and some of the pears before they blow down. Battern down the hatches !
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Blooming cold and windy today Angela ,still clearing the garden get as much done as i can before going in hospital,still no date.Cleared up the runner beans today as dont think we will get anymore off them.

Twas like fighting your way through the jungle getting rid of that lot )t'

billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Tuesday 17th September 2013

Pretty cool and windy out on the garden today ,managed to get all the runner beans down and composted away .
Thought i would do another garden walkabout video ,probably last one this year so
WELCOME TO NORFOLK

[youtube]TBoKcZqcZhI[/youtube]

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Now that's brought a rear to my eye,the last Bill video this year {cry} everything looks so neat and weed free. Those apples look so tempting, we have what I think is a Worcester tree very old, the apples don't look particularly nice but they do taste lovely. I'm gonna ask the question on everyone's lips ....... Explain the tatoo Bill, what is it,and where did you get it done,and why and how long ago ? Yours sincerly mrs nosey Parker {rofwl}
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

HensAloud wrote:Now that's brought a rear to my eye,the last Bill video this year {cry} everything looks so neat and weed free. Those apples look so tempting, we have what I think is a Worcester tree very old, the apples don't look particularly nice but they do taste lovely. I'm gonna ask the question on everyone's lips ....... Explain the tatoo Bill, what is it,and where did you get it done,and why and how long ago ? Yours sincerly mrs nosey Parker {rofwl}

I have 13 tatoos from all over the world ,i was at sea inthe early years of my life ,unlike people today who have them as a fashion accesory,sailors had them to make the point that they were at sea.The one you caught a glimps of is a flying dragon from Hong-Kong.Most of what i have are over 50 years old and in bad shape faded by years of sun.Todays tatooists are realy good at there job and do some wonderfull designs )t'

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

billnorfolk wrote:
HensAloud wrote:Now that's brought a rear to my eye,the last Bill video this year {cry} everything looks so neat and weed free. Those apples look so tempting, we have what I think is a Worcester tree very old, the apples don't look particularly nice but they do taste lovely. I'm gonna ask the question on everyone's lips ....... Explain the tatoo Bill, what is it,and where did you get it done,and why and how long ago ? Yours sincerly mrs nosey Parker {rofwl}

I have 13 tatoos from all over the world ,i was at sea inthe early years of my life ,unlike people today who have them as a fashion accesory,sailors had them to make the point that they were at sea.The one you caught a glimps of is a flying dragon from Hong-Kong.Most of what i have are over 50 years old and in bad shape faded by years of sun.Todays tatooists are realy good at there job and do some wonderfull designs )t'

So give us a list of the others then Bill, they sound a good souvenir from your life's history. Did you enjoy all that travelling ? I spose it's a bit different when it's job related but you must have seen some sights.
Angela
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Another great walkabout! Looking forward to next year's already - always very informative for a novice like myself! Thanks Bill x
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

So give us a list of the others then Bill, they sound a good souvenir from your life's history. Did you enjoy all that travelling ? I spose it's a bit different when it's job related but you must have seen some sights.

The world was a far safer place back in the sixtys,even West Africa was a good place to go people with nothing were allways smileing,today some with everything have the weight of the world on there shoulders and realy not happy.Could write a book or bore you to tears whatever )w( i spent some time on tankers and because of the risk of fires and explosion,when you reached your destination was often to far from civilisation to go ashore and usually soon loaded and gone.Allways loved the sea and only my failing joints forced me to sell my last fishing boat ,but may get another once i get sorted )t'

billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Jemberelli wrote:Another great walkabout! Looking forward to next year's already - always very informative for a novice like myself! Thanks Bill x

Thank you jemberelli,wont be long spring soon comes round sepecially as you get older {rofwl} .Makeing plans allready whats going where,going to see how long i can keep a few things going in the pollytunnel so hopeing it doesnt turn cold and frosty to soon this year.