Angela's Garden Tour, Inspired by Bill

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Re: Angela's Garden Tour, Inspired by Bill

Post by billnorfolk »

I do like your pollytunnel ,and the idea used for collecting rain water )t' well thought out .As for your strange plants growing in there not sure if that first one may be a type of wild fennel,try snapping a bit off and see if it smells anniseed,that big one dont have a clue ,if leaves werent shiney might have been comfrey but not with the shiney leaves . :? Bet someone will soon identify them for you )t'
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

billnorfolk wrote:I do like your pollytunnel ,and the idea used for collecting rain water )t' well thought out .As for your strange plants growing in there not sure if that first one may be a type of wild fennel,try snapping a bit off and see if it smells anniseed,that big one dont have a clue ,if leaves werent shiney might have been comfrey but not with the shiney leaves . :? Bet someone will soon identify them for you )t'

Thankyou Bill,
He who does, had the guttering idea, ordinary house guttering was too big and heavy. I'll be having a sniff at the ferny one, and it's a wait and see for the monster one. :-D
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

HensAloud wrote:
billnorfolk wrote:I do like your pollytunnel ,and the idea used for collecting rain water )t' well thought out .As for your strange plants growing in there not sure if that first one may be a type of wild fennel,try snapping a bit off and see if it smells anniseed,that big one dont have a clue ,if leaves werent shiney might have been comfrey but not with the shiney leaves . :? Bet someone will soon identify them for you )t'

Thankyou Bill,
He who does, had the guttering idea, ordinary house guttering was too big and heavy. I'll be having a sniff at the ferny one, and it's a wait and see for the monster one. :-D

Sorry i couldnt identifie them for you Angela,some weeds are native to certain parts of the country and different soils ,will probably turn out to be something right common,how is the weather today in your neck of the woods?

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Good Morning Bill, don't worry about the ID maybe I've got summat very rare and valuable ..... Or just a monster weed ! I snapped the ferny one and no aroma at all, another wait and see, I'll let you know. I've been weeding and there is no way I've dropped all the tomato seeds, I've got plants coming up all over the place, they must have already been in the purchased topsoil, hey ho a bit of a bonus ! It's very cold and windy here and just to cheer me up some rain too ! Surely we can't have another year like the last one ! }hairout{
Have a nice day what ever you're doing.
Angela
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Could the feathery one be yarrow?
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:Could the feathery one be yarrow?

Ooooooo I dunno I'll look it up thankyou.
Angela
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Here an update on my garden with the latest project.
Angela
Ellie G
Learner Laner

Post by Ellie G »

Hi Angela - only me, just looked at the link you sent me, Touring round your Garden, I loved it.. Love the chickens, especially mark mark mark !! Had a look on your Long Marston Ladies site too, Looks good fun, I want to come and live in Long Marston,
don't tell David I will surprise him... lotsa Love from Ellen >mmm<
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Ellie G wrote:Hi Angela - only me, just looked at the link you sent me, Touring round your Garden, I loved it.. Love the chickens, especially mark mark mark !! Had a look on your Long Marston Ladies site too, Looks good fun, I want to come and live in Long Marston,
don't tell David I will surprise him... lotsa Love from Ellen >mmm<

Thanks Ellen, glad you joined it's a fun site, so when are you,moving down ? For those wondering Ellen is my husbands cousin and a very fun loving lady :-D I run Long Marston Ladies with a friend if you're interested www.wix.com/longmarstonladies/longmarstonladies
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Evening Angela

Another4 nice garden tour,bit thoughtles pf people to fly a plane over while you were filming it {warn} .
Looks like your tunnel is growing better than outside,lovely day yesterday,decided to go out today so cold and windy }hairout{ just cant win.
Love the patern in your slabs so unusuall and your secret garden looks a definate sun trap.
Got to get the bit ready for me sweetcorn tomorrow nearly ready to go out once this weather makes its mind up.
Wendys gone and so am i bed time ,night night.

HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Things are growing well from your 1st video Angela, your chickens will have a feild day if they manage to break into your polytunnel. :-D thankyou for sharing )t'
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Angela i cant get your video to play }hairout{ prob cause my pc is out of the ark {rofwl} but i still enjoy reading your diary.
I love the banter between you, Bill and Bob you lot are like a comedy act :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

billnorfolk wrote:Evening Angela

Another4 nice garden tour,bit thoughtles pf people to fly a plane over while you were filming it {warn} .
Looks like your tunnel is growing better than outside,lovely day yesterday,decided to go out today so cold and windy }hairout{ just cant win.
Love the patern in your slabs so unusuall and your secret garden looks a definate sun trap.
Got to get the bit ready for me sweetcorn tomorrow nearly ready to go out once this weather makes its mind up.
Wendys gone and so am i bed time ,night night.

Evenin Bill, I was wondering if you were ok, you hadn't been on for almost a whole day. I'd cocked up about 4 takes with my video and didn't realise the blinkin plane was there til I played it back ! }hairout{
I am really pleased with the way the polytunnel has come on, I thoroughly enjoy playing in there, mind you it doesn't half get hot in there.
It been lovely here today,sorry it wasn't so nice with you. Did you go off paddling and building sand castles ?
Night night sleep tight.
Last edited by HensAloud on 01 Jun 2013, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Angela
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

HappyBob wrote:Things are growing well from your 1st video Angela, your chickens will have a feild day if they manage to break into your polytunnel. :-D thankyou for sharing )t'

They are arnt they, I'm chuffed to bits )t' the hens peck at the polythene and look longingly through the net doors, you're right given half a chance and they'd be devastation ! yike*
Angela
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Linda S wrote:Angela i cant get your video to play }hairout{ prob cause my pc is out of the ark {rofwl} but i still enjoy reading your diary.
I love the banter between you, Bill and Bob you lot are like a comedy act :-D Lindaxx

Hi Linda, sorry you can't play my video, I have no idea what to do, this techno stuff is all fine and dandy if it works !
Glad you like the banter, we are forming a band you know, I'm practicing like billy oh on me washing machine drum, it ain't as easy as the old washboard {rofwl}
Angela