Cake anyone?

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
p.penn

Cake anyone?

Post by p.penn »

Anyone fancy a banoffee muffin? )grin2(

I am really struggling to keep away from the tin! Thankfully there are only 5 left, so only 37,087 calories to go {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Cake anyone?

Post by Totally Scrambled »

They look good but I'm not too sure about the little cubes of ham on top.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Now you've posted the picture, we'll all be round for tea )eat( Did you make them?
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes I did make them - I made them for the first time a couple of weeks ago and they were so good, I made them again! Mmmmm!

Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Oh my goodness, they look absolutely delicious Helen! Are they time consuming to make?
I made 24 brownies last night and they are all gone already! Was a Mary Berry recipe!
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

They are really easy to make - I adapted a recipe to make it simple! Would you like it?

I really like Mary Berry's cakes and make them often :-D
Helen xx

LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I would love the recipe if you're willing to share Helen - they look so delicious )t'
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

They look soooooooooo good, I`m another fan of mary berry. I make her brownies and they just go if daughter home.
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

They loook gorgeous - I love banoffee anything!
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

My version of Banoffee muffins. The caramel is quite pricey - about £3.50 BUT it will do about 4 - 6 batches, so works out ok. Once opened, I am keeping mine in the fridge and so far it's fine. Honestly, sooooo worth it!

Ingredients for cake:

4oz SR flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4oz caster sugar
4oz stork soft marg (it is really worth using this one)
2 eggs
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Ingredients for icing:
3oz butter
6oz icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons warm water
1-2 tablespoons bon maman caramel (in one of their jam jasr in the jam isle in w/rose)
fudge chunks to decorate

Method

Pop 12 muffin cases into muffin tins. You could use ordinary sized cake cases and make more, but they are really impressive in the larger cases and just one seems to be a real treat. Preheat oven to 190°. Remove butter for the icing from fridge.

Shove all the cake ingredients into a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer for 1-2 mins until nice and mixed. The mixture will look quite wet. Spoon into cake cases. Bake for approx 11 - 13 mins, depending on your oven and the bananas.

Leave cakes in tin for a few mins before lifting out and cooling on a wire rack.

When cakes are cold, make the icing. I like to beat the butter a little with a mixer first (mainly because I generally forget to take it out of the fridge!) then sift the icing sugar into the bowl and add 1 tbsp of the warm water. Beat with mixer until nice and mixed, adding a little more water if necessary.

Spread icing onto cakes. I have a mug of hot water with a knife in it, and dry the knife before using it to spread the icing. Or you could use a fork for pretty patterns. Warm 1 tbsp caramel until runny enough to drizzle over icing, then sprinkle with fudge chunks. Simples!!! )c(

Now comes the hard bit. Put them in a tin before you eat them all {rofwl}
Helen xx

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

They look delicious Helen, I might be tempted to give these a try. I'll chuck my cake tin away first so that way I won't have the problem of keeping them in the tin )t' )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Oooooh they look yummy Helen!!! )c+
I know I wouldn't be able to stop at one if you put them in front of me ..in fact I've probably put on half a stone just looking at them. {rofwl}