Anyone tried an eco shower head?

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Anyone tried an eco shower head?

Post by rhubarb93 »

The latest National Trust mag has an ad for something called an Ecocamel Jetstorm shower head. It claims to reduce your water and energy comsumption while giving you a good pressure "spa-like" shower, by sucking air into the water flow.
Reviews are very mixed, some rave about it, others are scathing.
The offer is a good price, with 30 day money-back guarantee (though you do lose the cost of P&P in both directions)
Anyone tried one? If so, what do you think of it?
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Re: Anyone tried an eco shower head?

Post by Steve valentine »

Eco shower head reduces water usage by simply reducing the water flow. I was sent one free by my energy supplier. It took ten seconds to fit and another 11 seconds to remove and file under B1N {rofwl}
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: Anyone tried an eco shower head?

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

We had a free one as well Steve, and had exactly the same experience. BUT ... I passed it on to a friend, who loved it. So, different strokes for different folks I guess.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.