Ambers diary.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Ambers diary.

Post by amber66 »

Hello fellow forum members i have been invited to start my own diary after stumbling into the Henpals diary.
I am human so i send my apologys to Rembrandt and the rest of the Henpals for reading your diary and promise not to again {warn} i will inform my girls though so you may be able to enrol some more fellow followers.
Amber.

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Re: Ambers diary.

Post by HenPen »

Heehee I will look forward to reading your chickeny adventures on here (and my girls would doubtless love to hear about your ladies' adventures and plans on theirs).

PS lots of piccies please!
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I second HP - tons of pics please! Looking forward to your diary Amber.

Don't tell the girls but occasionally us humans have been known to have a sneaky peek at the girl's diary. Just for research purposes you understand, we're not checking up on them at all as we trust our little madams to be on their best behaviour. I'm sure our girls would love to have new flocks join in their adventures - if they have any and if they do I'm sure they are very well behaved adventures.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Amber really looking forward to you stories and photos )t' Karen you look at the girl's diary yike*
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Sandy, you don't?? +pinn+ :-D
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello All,
There was mayhem in the run yesterday. I was mowing the grass and heard a baby bird "crying" loudly, i looked over and it was trying to fly up again to get back out (the fence is about 6' high) without sucess. All of a sudden the girls noticed it and all hell broke loose yike*
I went into the run trying to fight the girls off of the bird and finally managed to catch it. I then had to get out of the run one handed with 3 chickens trying to get out and 3 dogs trying to get in! After putting the bird in the cat box in the garden to recover i let it out a bit later, i did check the garden but i think it had managed to fly away in the end.
Its a shame they don't react like that to the rats instead of running away from them.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thank goodness you got the bird, girls can be awlful raptors to others yike*
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Ooh, that could have been very nasty. Well done for saving the bird. I am so glad that story had a happy ending.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi Amber )wav(
Have you not given your girlies a phone yet?

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.

The girls were huddled at the back of the run under the shrubs plotting something no doubt, so will update soon (i suspect they have the phone on charge) {rofwl}
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Amber how is your Lily today?

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy,
Thanks for asking, Lily is back to her old self bossing all the girls about, it must have been the softie she laid that took it out of her. I do worry about them so, may be a bit too much!
We set up the Arkus coop for them yesterday, i had to put them all to bed by hand as it was dark and they seemed a bit lost, but they all came out this morning and are using the nest boxes so it seems they like it.
Amber.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello all just a quick up date on how the girls are doing.
Lily is back to herself being top hen and bossing the others about. She hasn't laid another softie so far. I put some limestone flour sprinkled over some scrambled egg and peas as a treat the other day and upped the mealworms, incase she was lacking in anything.
The two new girls Molly and Ruby, have settled in well and are so sweet and very friendly i love spending time with all of them.
Marigold is moulting at the moment and looks quite scruffy poor thing.
I think we have another rat trying to get into the outer run as i discovered a tunnel coming from under the shed that is about 10" from the run, i have dug down and put some chicken wire there i hope that stops it or it will have to be poison. I can't have them running around the garden like last time.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Good news on Lily )like( We get annoyed with them when they boss the others around dont we, but as soon as they are back doing we are happy they are acting normal! Have you got rid of the rat problem?

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.
I haven't seen any rats about at the moment but i am sure they are still about as little tunnels keep appearing around the outside run. I keep checking on the inner run but have not seen any entry points yet.
They seem to be running between the run fencing and the back fence as the earth is now quite soft there and is spilling into the run, with it being only a 6" wide gap i can't get to it to put any traps down as the shed is one side and shrubs the other with the fencing at the back. }hairout{
All the girls are being wormed at the moment, i went with the grape method in the end. I have to separate Molly as she will eat hers and then race around trying to grab all the others.
Amber.