Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by kate egg »

Fantastic! Yahay! Well done! )t' Scrambled - a stone in 4 weeks in amazing!
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Not posted on this thread for a wee while - just to let you know the programme I'm on I now have to maintain for 3 months before I start losing weight again. The idea is to learn how to maintain so I dont put it all back on again. Going ok - although it does make you think - I find it harder to maintain then to lose ... I guess thats why they make you do it - helps to get your head right - so trying not to think about it all too much - just eating healthily -- good luck to everyone else ... I'll be back trying to lose come December (just in time for Christmas :? )

Bought a beautiful dress from Cath Kidston (a size 16 but it fits) and made me feel it's all worth it. Not just the health benefits which is the main thing for me but I feel so much better about myself when I'm a reasonable size (a 16 is pretty reasonable for me!) It is worth it folks!
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

That sounds very sensible Julie - losing weight is self motivating, so you keep on going as the scales move down and reward you. Maintaining can be very hard to do, trying to keep most of the good habits and not slipping back into the bad ones... Your dress sounds lovely, I love her designs :-D
Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

Freeranger wrote::b( :b( :b( Wow! Well done, Scrambled! Living proof that healthy eating has its rewards. I'm going to have to find that book and read it if that's what happens!

Freeranger wrote:)c( )c( )c( THAT's the one I meant - must stop doing this without my reading glasses! Sorry to you and anyone else I've offended!!

That's made me laugh out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No offence taken, in fact you've brightened my day up - we've had some bad news this morning about my husband's job, so you've cheered me up. Got to try not to let life's hiccups make me start bloomin' comfort eating now.
Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

julie62 wrote:Bought a beautiful dress from Cath Kidston (a size 16 but it fits) and made me feel it's all worth it. Not just the health benefits which is the main thing for me but I feel so much better about myself when I'm a reasonable size (a 16 is pretty reasonable for me!) It is worth it folks!

)like( Brilliant )t'
manda

Post by manda »

Well done Scrambled ...that is a fabulous result !!!

Scrambled wrote:
Freeranger wrote::b( :b( :b( Wow! Well done, Scrambled! Living proof that healthy eating has its rewards. I'm going to have to find that book and read it if that's what happens!

Freeranger wrote:)c( )c( )c( THAT's the one I meant - must stop doing this without my reading glasses! Sorry to you and anyone else I've offended!!

That's made me laugh out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too !!! ....I hope everything works out with hubbies job ..keep coming here and talking ...everything is a learning curve for us all and this will another one of those challenges that life chucks at us ...you may be able to learn new strategies that will help you and all of us and if not you'll have somewhere you can come and just be.

The emphasis is on the positive down here ..no judgements ...just positivity so we can all get through this {hug} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Well done, Julie )t' good for you. You'll forgive me if I don't do you a yay! based on the above mistake!! It must be a great feeling to get into something that makes you feel so good.

Manda, I'm really sorry you've had bad news, and hope everything turns out OK. Please don't comfort eat, else that will make the news a double whammy. In the meantime, I'm gald I could provide a bit of light relief :oops: :oops:
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi everyone and well done on your losses )c( Freeranger you made me giggle with the smillies so have just checked mine :-D.

Scrambled you have done fantastically well loosing a stone in a month )app( and Julie I would love to be a 16 I would be possitavely svelt like.

I would like to share a comical scene with you if I may, in our SW group a week on mon 15th since one of our members got on the scales and was very pleased cause she had lost 2.5 lbs.
Someone then called out that she had her handbag over her shoulder and amid much giggling and laughter she put it down and got on again and had lost another 2lb. The first weight was the one regitered so it would sho the follwing week.

So on to last mon 22nd and our member again stepped on the scales amid much light hearted calling and laughing and found that she had lost another 1.5 lbs so 6lbs over two weeks.
Our lovely group leader was holding her final group with us that night and it lifted those who were a little sad and have have a laugh together.

Anyhow I havent done too well but as Jean said that there was only me could do something as daft as that and that she was very proud of me loosing the 6lbs in her last two week with us and also said the same has Kate has told us that at last my head was getting to the right place at long last :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
manda

Post by manda »

Good on you Linda )c(

It's such a head thing isn't it ...I wonder what triggers that moment when you "get it".....
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

It so is, Manda. I've just stopped OH from coming back from time with treats for lunch and laid the law down about being on a diet. Many times I'd just say yes.

I think I need more than glasses, as I just called Scrambled Manda in my previous post. Sorry, Scrambled, you're going to get a complex soon. Had the mother of all migraines yesterday and they can leave me a bit spaced, so apologies for being a bit stupid today.

Loved the weighing in story. Glad I'm not the only one to embarrass herself. :oops:
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

{rofwl} {rofwl} great story Linda )t' And huge congrats on such a brilliant weight loss! I wonder how much my handbag would have weighed.....
manda

Post by manda »

There was a doco on TV the other night called Fat, sick and nearly dead...it was fascinating. Anyway long story short he was using juicing as a way to detox and lose weight. Now I'm not going to say I fancy the idea of doing a fast or just juice all the time (he did it for 60 days!..he was monitored medically) but it got me thinking...so my darling hubby and I are going to do juice once a day (which he says acts like a reboot) ..if nothing else it will make sure that I'm getting easily my 5 a day...the mean green juice actually tastes nice. It's worth watching if you have the time...
The Full Movie

It's thought provoking...well it got me thinking more about something that I'm already thinking about.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

It does sound interesting,Manda, and will watch it. The theory sounds very like the 'old' detox diet and also the 5:2, because the only way to eat that little and not gnaw your own face off is through filling up on veg!
Elliebear - you wanted mayo substitutes. OH favours salad cream, which is about 1/2 calories of normal mayo, but the lite versions of both are less. I prefer either to flavour yogurt with e.g. mustard, use on its own for colesalw etc, or to have pickle/chutney instead. Is there a soya yogurt I wonder, since you say no dairy?
manda

Post by manda »

Free...I agree...the results were phenomenal but I would still rather lose the weight slower...as I've said before I'd rather my skin was able to keep up with the weight loss )grin2( .

Ellie ...I mix equal quantities of slimmers yogurt and mayo so it reduces the fat content. You can then treat it the same way as mayo and add whatever you feel like in it :-D )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

How is everyone doing? I'm a bit less focused on my weight loss initiative - really need to keep momentum and enthusiasm up, but it's been a bit hard to be enthusiastic about anything this last week.

I stopped my early morning exercise routine during the fourth week of my weight loss attempt, because I was getting a bit concerned at how fast I was losing weight and I really don't want it to just pile back on. Trying to take a slower but steady approach. I am even thinking about not weighing myself weekly any more - maybe every fortnight....partly because I was aware that I was thinking about the weigh-in a bit TOO much through the week and don't want to swing from doing well to becoming obsessed.

On the positive side, I had a sort out of my wardrobe last weekend and I have put some stuff that is now too big in a bag for charity, also anything I just don't like. Anything that's too small but that I really do like has been shoved in a drawer, out of sight. So the only stuff hanging in the wardrobe now is stuff that fits now. I'm including a poncho and numerous scarves....is that cheating? {rofwl} {rofwl} I was pleased to find some trousers in the next size down from what I am wearing now and also the size after that - all in good nick, so I've 'drawered' them. That said, the current size trousers are looking really too big, so I think I'm going to bite the bullet, put them in the charity bag and move down a size. Silly, but it feels safer to be in the big trousers (even though they are hanging off me) somehow. Why is that, I wonder?

Hope everyone is doing well )t'