Ilona's handmade makes. New thread

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Ilona's handmade makes. New thread

Post by Meanqueen »

This is a felted picture I made a few weeks ago at a workshop at the 20 21 Arts Centre. I've mounted it on a backing board which is covered with a piece of pale green curtain fabric. This picture is not very good. I've fixed the felt on with small tacks hammered into the board, and wound wire around them to keep the picture flat.

The green fabric is laced at the back to keep it a tight fit. Free wood from a cafe being ripped out, found in a skip. Free curtain fabric given to me.

All pictures are now wrapped ready for transporting to the library where the exhibition will be held. It's less that two weeks away so I won't start any more projects now.

ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Will the exhibition sell your art for you, or are you keeping them all?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Mo wrote:Will the exhibition sell your art for you, or are you keeping them all?

They will all have prices on. I think now is the time to sell if people like them enough to want to buy them. The library staff are not able to take money, people will have to pay me with cash. If I am not in attendance there will be information when I will next be there, and how they can contact me, mobile phone and email.

Sold pictures cannot be removed until the last day of the exhibition. They have to be collected from me before I pack up. Or they can be collected later from an address in Burton. I don't mind if they sell or not, though I hope to get rid of a few of them. I will be giving a donation to Air Ambulance from the proceeds.

ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Still planning on visiting , not sure what day though .
Bob
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Remind us when and where. I'm sure it's somewhere up-thread but can't see it.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Mo wrote:Remind us when and where. I'm sure it's somewhere up-thread but can't see it.

The library is just off the High Street in Burton upon Trent. It's also close to the river, there are some nice walks too, parks and gardens. It's a five minute walk to the market place and church, Market Day is on a Thursday, and I think a Saturday. There are two road bridges and one footbridge across the river. You could walk across the ornamental footbridge to Stapenhill Gardens and walk along the river. Other places to visit in or near Burton. National Brewery Centre, and Barton Marina. You could have a day in the area.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractio ... gland.html

The library has a cafe which seems popular, seating inside and outside. Parking next to the library is £1 for two hours, £5 for all day. Post code DE14 1AH for sat nav. Library opening times, 9 till 6 on a Monday. 9 till 5 on a Tues, Wed, Fri. 9 till 7 on a Thursday. 9 to 4.30 on a Saturday.

I will be setting up on the 20th, from 12 noon. I have a draft timetable of when I will be there. Basically every afternoon from 12 noon till close. Some mornings as well from 10 am. Text me the day before you are coming 07950 094085 to check. I will be taking breaks wandering around Burton. Hope to see you.
ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Last day of the exhibition tomorrow. Eight pictures sold, last chance, might sell one or two more, I live in hope.

ilona
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Can you put a couple on here .
Bob
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Yes, will do, Bob, in the next couple of days. Busy the last few days, more pictures sold. Tired now. Will count up tomorrow total sold.

ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Twelve pictures sold, £300 for Air Ambulance Midlands. Good result.

There is a video on my blog here'
http://meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspo ... video.html

I have been asked many times if I sell online, no, sorry, I don't. Too many rules with distance selling, too much hassle to parcel things up and too costly to post. Thanks for looking.

ilona
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , Send me a message and the cost of the first one . I will send the money and postage .
PLEASE.
Bob
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Bob, I think you might faint at the price. It's £200. It's large and heavy, and would be best collected.

ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Inspiration from something I saw at an exhibition, this is my version. A stone covered in a piece of felt, sequins, beads, and embroidery added.

Easy to do if you want to have a go. Do all the stitchery on the felt first, then stretch it over the stone, pulling it tight on the bottom.

ilona
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Beautiful, you are so talented Ilona.