Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by sandy »

Well its one night a week everyone is in bed and the rest of the time Merle is on the table. She is bottom girl but such a feisty girl, reminds me very much of Honey and Beth. Tonight i had to put a ton of stalosfan over the mucky ground and arrange the stepping stones accordingly. The rats have obviously been visiting the Peds , he put a ton of poison down but didnt push it in far enough under their coop so in the morning it was all over the run, had to scoop it all up before letting the girls out, just what i needed when i have been working 8 to 6 for holiday cover }hairout{ .Girls should be losing weight as only getting treats on the weekend, missed out on sunday as we did a rehome of 234 hens and didnt finish until dark. I had to be the co-ordinator as the usuals were away which was fine until i had to sort out pc paperwork and enter portals(thought they were on ship) luckily the paperwork was printed out for me and delivered on rehoming day. All girls were rehomed, very bare bless them, one little girl spent awhile in my jumper as shivering until a nice rehomer said she would have her and as she was experienced i popped her in a blanket and she took Martha home on her lap, she called her Martha immediately.
Rons feathers are coming back lovely and everyone else is doing well
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

I REMEMBER it well , like yesterday..
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Blossom, my bare chested and neck girl was a sickly girl yesterday, up house for egg and tuna which pleased to say she scoffed down well. All the others okay, Ronnie no longer resembles a turkey, feathers growing back lovely.
Been very worried about The Peds, lots of gaps on two outside places in their run, bricks and slabs put outside , asked Mr Ped to cement and rewire..........
huges cavernous tunnel inside run just outside of pop door, Mr Ped put ton of poison down so guess who was gathering the poison in the morning that the rats had dug back up yike* this has been going on for days now!He went away friday so i filled up hole with big bedding bag and put slab on top awaiting the cement...we need CEMENT Mr Ped. Outside is more worrying hence i am locking up his girls every night. His effort to ward off intruders outside is a rat trap, apparently it snaps the rats neck, he text me to tell me he had set it and to be careful opening it to reset it yike* um dont think so...i covered it up until he came back which was today, he text me to ask how many rats had been caught. Worried about fox or cat getting their paw caught in it so will have a chat him tomorrow.
Tianna staying so helped put girls abed last night, Blossom bad again so found some metacam to give her. I usually put them on my lap and do it but Tianna held her and unfotunately meds went down the wrong way, thankfully only a bit the rest she spat over Tianna. Took her up the house as she was gagging slightly, she stayed there until she was fine and once again munching on tuna and today she is ok, must be regrowth feathers bless they are really coming up on her chest.
I lock them all up now so was gobsmacked to see a ginger running upto me when i opened the door! Knew i had popped Blossom in with Bunty (Blue now goes in cube) and know i counted 8 girls in cube? Puzzle over when i opened cube door, Tianna had left the nesting area door open when collecting eggs so they had had it open all night.
Getting fed up with dark nights .......
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Sandy , sounds like it is getting the best of you.
Had a dose of what I went through a couple of months ago.
Wish you well.
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

had to abandon the girls wellbeing to Mr Ped from last tuesday until the weekend as hit with flu, couldnt manage to get out of bed let alone see to my girls. )loo(
They of course were fine though noticed Ronnie is def below quite a few of the girls now while Audrey seems to have taken over the role of matriach. Even Blue is no longer having a go at Audrey. I put down a big bowl of sweetcorn, prawns and a 12 egg omelette(not being able to sell the abundance of eggs last week) and Audrey seemed to think it was all for her!
Quite embarrasingly I am have toruble telling the difference between Blue and Becky as Becky has a bend in her comb but her comb is small and brittle and so is Blues or is it the other way around >coc< Blue has a certain moan but neither of them were very talkative!
Anyhow mainly they are ok, tonight Bunty was in the eglu on her own so thought i would pop one of the others in with her as its going to be minus , when i went to retrieve a girl they went bonkers, retreated to the nest area and crunched themselves up ! Poor Merle just sat and watched i got her out and popped her in with Bunty. Bless Merle she has only just started putting herself to bed and then i go and yank her out and move her!
Emptied waters so no ice breaking tomorrow.....

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

OMG so mucky and muddy and i have run out of stalosfan yike*
Bunty has been putting herself to bed in the eglu but as the weather has warmed up have let her stay on her own although tonight Blossom joined her.
Worried about Delta this morning, she always stands about looking sorry for herself every morning since i have had her, and after a You ok Delts? she usual chirps and walks about. This morning however she stayed still, even refusing corn(gave it them this morning as would be home at dark) picked her up for a check up, alll seems fine. Tonight i poked the torch around until i found her in the cube and she looked fine.
The Peds however had their heater on which i have turned off! the rats are totally ignoring his 2 traps which are situated outside the run(OMG) and are tunnelling underneath making the hole under their run even more precarious. I worry to death about them, i ensure they are well locked up at night time. Jen is moulting like crazy, bless weakened her a bit so no night time cuddles as her new growth is coming through

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Sandy ,
Wishing you well and will try and visit before Xmas.
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well since i put the stalosfan down we have had no rain so pink powder all over the place, never mind sure it will rain very soon!
I am looking after my cousins shop from thursday (so no keeping up on here) so Mr Ped will be looking after the Pink Ladies, I booked him ages ago and then he tells me he will be away friday and saturday night yike* WHAT dont panic he says Mrs Ped will be doing the honours, I have said main thing is to lock up girls in their bedrooms and if Bunty is alone in eglu thats fine as it isnt going to be minus. More important to lock up their girls as rat making craters under their run, worries me to death!
I have been putting the nearest hen to the entrance from the cube in with Bunty, for the past 3 nights been Blossom, Blue and tonight Merle... bless them.
Ronnie quite slow , eating and drinking but acting her age of 7 i suppose, after breakfast Audrey and her stand together preening.
Sunday afternoon i went to take some veg down to the girls , when i got to the Peds i was confused..i could see 3 white hens, hmmm the Peds have 2 white hens, Suranne and Bjork, slowly realised one white hen was on the outside of the fence sumo wrestling with Jen(the hen). OMG very dangerous Eddie the fox always nearby...luckily she was distracted with who is the strongest with Jen so crept up and pratically jumped on her. Bless when i picked her up she just sat in my arms looking around. Took her back 2 doors up to her owners , lady said hubby was chopping wood and letting girls free range while he was over the stream, she had gone through middle neighbours overgrown additional land . She was very grateful especially as it was me who found her as she and Mr Ped do not like one another at all, not that he wouldve done aything other than catch her and got me to return her.

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Sandy , They are little devils .
She will be back again as soon as she can get the chance now she knows where to go.
See you soon .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I do beleive Blue did a huge monologue a few nights ago and as her claw pushed submit the internet went down and it was all lost yike*
Probably because Blue and the rest of the girls home is muddy, wet, leaking over the electrics and now crowded in the cube as Bunty has given up sleeping on her own in the eglu and ten bodies are all sardined in one bedroom, amongst them of course the large Ronnie and the very rotund Audrey!
Everyone is quite perky in the circumstances although they will be quite sluggish as my six xmas dinner guests have cancelled so there will be a lot of leftover!
I am sure Blue will get herself on here again over the festive period.
Now note to myself...
do your diary!

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Now everyone is going in the cube, all ten of them! Today though Becky looks like she has eyp brought her up the house, she wolfed down an egg yolk and a whole sachet of fishy cat food ( i posted this on the hen facing bookie and got it removed as must never say it is ok to give a hen cat food {rofwl} ) after an hour of stroking her vent area on my lap watching 4 in a bed took her down to put her in the eglu but Ronnie was in there, why Ronnie on the night i want Becky tucked up snuggly on her own. Well popped Becky in with her , did nightly chores and came back to find Ronnie attacking her in the darkness }hairout{ got Ronnie out and put her in the crowded cube where she commenced attacking Merle so got Merle out and put her in with Becky. Going to close the cube door nearly fell over Ronnie who had got out and was wandering about so put her back and shut the door.Checked Becky and she and Merle were snuggled up together, if no better in the morning she will have a warm bath and an oiling.
Girls have a lovely treat tomorrow, see xmas dinner post as to why!

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

awlful end to the year, Becky was bad morning dec 29, did the chores then got her out and took her to the bathroom hoping i could coax her egg out as she was as hard as a brick underneath. Unfortunately the whole motion of moving her caused liquid to drip from her mouth , she began to convulse so i held her then sorry to say it wasnt the die gently in my arms it was horrible. So sad this is first entry of 2020 {cry}
Ronnie's bum area so matted with mud and poo, dont know why, clean bed everynight but must be the angle she does it? up vets again, honestly best £25 spent she stood as good as gold for the nurse who made her look like a new pin without having to cut any feathers, never taken anyone up before, will certainly do in future as i hate cutting off mess incase i cut through the blood part of the feather.
Girls and Peds had cauli rice, and mini sweetcorn on the cobs today....
bit sad as bought 4 packs of 4 and realised every one could get one each

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So sorry to hear your sad news about Becky. You tried your very best (as always), but sometimes with these girls it is just not enough and it's time for them to go. It must have been so upsetting - it never gets easier, just harder I think. She's not suffering anymore and you have your wonderful memories and the realisation that you have given her a happy life being well cared for and loved. My thoughts are with you.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi sandy sad but you care so much for them all.
Sometimes it is not to be , but you know that they have had a good time with you.
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

So sorry to hear about your poor little Becky, it sounds as though she had a problem further down - perhaps a tumour pushing up against the crop area. It's never easy to see them go, and especially after such a short amount of time free {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper